Season 5 React: Solo

What would you rate "Solo"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
Well that sucked. And this is coming from someone who thoroughly enjoyed most of the episodes this season.

RN cannot act. Nope. Not one bit. Neither can AA. Their fight on the brig was so terrible. Definitely the worst girl fight ever. You can tell those two are just learning to fight. And what was with the dialogue? Jeff Bell?! What are you DOING?

The Indian mission was so ridiculous. What was Dixon doing? All I know is that it was embarassing and unnecessary! Fake a heart attack! Don't do what you just did...ever...again....

"Baby been bad?" That line just speaks for itself. What a load of felgercarb.

Gordon Dean is the MOST BORING BAD GUY EVER. He just sits there. He does NOTHING. His threats are weak, his expressions are dull. His 25 minutes tonight should have been more like 2. Seriously, he met Sloane like 4 times in random places. The ending was the worst between them. "I WANT IT!" "WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT! NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH!"

Thanks for dangling Mia for 3 seconds!

But a big Awwww for the last scene with Sydney making sure the baby hears Vaughn's voice.....hmmm....maybe so the baby will recognize it when Vaughn returns?

I really, really liked this episode. I very nearly cried at the end when they showed Nadia and then played Vaughn's voice...
Anyhow, I think the reason I liked it so much was that it finally feels like the story is gonna move somewhere. The first five episodes were what they were, and necessary to lay groundwork and foundations needed. Now that is done, it's gaining momentum. Plus, I like Tom and Rachel and so I felt more comfortable with them tonight.
But again... it was so, so great to see Nadia and hear Vaughn's voice...

It's so good to know that I was not the only one crying in this episode! My husband won't watch it with me but he came out of the bedroom and saw me crying and thought I was ridiculous! It was so far the best episode of the season yet so sad at the same time! I really like Rachel and Tom is growing on me but there is NO replacement for Vaughn! I miss him!!!

I am still feeling very betrayed by Vaughn's death and I swear that they better bring him back ALIVE at the end of the series and have a happily ever after for him and Syd or I will seriously wonder why I ever started watching this show to begin with! I just don't understand how you can kill off a character for good who has been such a huge part of the show since day one!

Anyway here's to hoping for a happy ending!

I thought this was a solid eppy with some great components!!!

1. Sloane being all torn about being bad again while wanting to be good. Gotta love Ron! That has been a cool storyline.

2. Spork!!!! :lol: Marshall asking Rachel if she ever heard of a spork when trying to brag on his missions of old! Hilarious!!!

3. The Dixon/Syd interaction on the mission. I really like the way they are developing continuity with including references to old episodes.

Just a few things I enjoyed about this episode. I liked it and I think I am going to like Tom. He will never be a Vaughn, but he is a nice addition, not to be confused with replacement! (n)

In my opinion, this was the best episode of the season (so far anyway). It was nice to see Nadia, even if it was for all of ten seconds. I agree with the previous posts that Tom is a good addition to the show. I'm not certain yet about Rachel, but her character is starting to grow on me. Every time I see Amy Acker, I think of Fred, so I might be biased when I say that her character just isn't believable. Overall, it was a good episode. I hope the writers keep it up!

OMG!! This was the best episode of the season!! I give it a five!! I mean, it had Mia Maestro (I did a little happy dance when I saw her name as special guest star) even if she was just lying in bed, we still saw her. And then it had two awesome missions. And Syd using the baby to get into the room was hilarious. And then when Rachel did the whole "RaMandy" thing. Oh, and the "Has baby been bad?" or something like that. :rotflmao: That was hilarious.

But OMG! Are the writers trying to kill us with all the Vaughn mentions??? I mean seriously there were like 5 in the episode alone. The whole "I had Vaughn" and "Just like Vaughn was for me." And then the end! Don't even get me started on how sad that was. I started bawling!!! It was so sad. Yet cute at the same time since she was having the baby listen to it's daddy's voice. But I have to admit that when we first heard the voice I thought he may have been on the phone. But, alas, no such thing. I think that maybe the writers made all those mentions since Vaughn is coming back soon (from what I hear). I dont' know though. Just my theory.

Anywho...I really really loved this episode! Definately one of the best in a long time.

~Karen

GREAT episode! I thought it would be all about Rachel, but I was wrong. She's actually growing on me :D The ending was SO sad, but awesome :( Oh, and can I say how I LOVED Mia Maestro's guest appearance? She was amazing! The whole ten seconds! :P :lol:

I think this episode was one of the best this season. Syd did awesome using her pregnancy to her advantage. Rachel is kickin some butt which was cool. All the Vaughn mentions were :cry:, especially at the end when she played the tape (it was good to hear his voice again though). I do have hope that he will be back, so baby won't be without her daddy for too long. It was also cool to see Nadia again after so long, even though she is in a coma.

This is another good episode. The writers are moving in the right direction with Rachel and Tom as agents and potential friends. (y)

Good to see Rachel's family. It shows that she has a loving family compared to the disfunctional family life that Syd grew up with.

After the meeting Sloane thanks Sydney for her letter of support. He says that it must have helped the Tribunal clear him. Syd says that its okay. That shows that Syd has accepted that Sloane is reformed and means well. Arvin then says that he has a confession. He explains that even though he always visits Nadia at the hospital, he can't bring himself to go in because of all the tubes and wires, knowing that he is responsible. Syd says that she knows that he will do anything to find a cure. Sloane agrees that he will do anything. This scene addresses how Syd can work with Sloane, Sloane does feel love and guilt for Nadia, and his motivation for working with Dean.

We do see that Sloane isn't on Dean's side. He is giving the minimum amount of cooperation possible. Arvin is going to turn on him. I predict he will confide in Jack (and possibily Syd) soon.

I loved Dixon on the mission "Our love is a forbidden love!" :lol: Rachel gets discovered by a guard, freaks out and runs away. Tom uses his dirty fighting skill to pickup a stand and bash the guard with it. Rachel is ashamed. Once again we see the newbies do things differently and unique to themselves.

I like how Rachel said tha she knew that she blew the first mission so she needs the second mission to show the others and herself that she could do it.

Sloane meets with Gordon Dean that Rachel is going on the mission alone. He'll get the weapon data from Rachel after she gets back and give it to him. After Arvin leaves, Dean tells Peyton that he doesn't trust Sloane. They will take the weapon themselves. Kelly says that Rachel thinks that she is her friend. Dean says that Rachel can't be turned, so if Peyton happens to encounter her in the mission, she should put a bullet in her head.

I guess that we needed the scene of Syd at the store buying baby things, showing that she is dealing with her pregnancy.

So liked the writers having Rachel introduces herself as "Ra... Mandy". Janos thinks that her name is "Raymandy." Syd tells Rachel not to let Janos kiss her. She should take charge. So she slaps him. Janos likes it! A nice echo of a previous season's S&M freak. :lol: Using that knowledge Rachel has Janos' cooperation in being tied to bed. Fun to see her say the babytalk between them creeps her out. She tapes his mouth shut and takes the data. (y)

Interesting to see Peyton and Gibson's relationship play out. Peyton seems to be willing let Rachel go if she gives her the data disk. Syd tells her to cooperate, if she thinks that Kelly is telling the truth. Rachel properly assesses that she is lying, so she attacks. Peyton admits it and says that she would have been sad to kill her before, but now she'll be happy to kill her. The fight scene appeared to be substandard. I wonder why the fight coordinator didn't make a better looking fight. Hire some stunt doubles of Amy and Rachel if they can't do it. The fight gets interrupted when guards open fire. Rachel pulls Peyton away to save her. I guess it is supposed to show compassion, but people will say that it is stupid to save an enemy.

After the mission Sloane meets with Dean to explain why he isn't going to get the disk. The reason: for not trusting him. Many people at the Sloane thread predicted Sloane wasn't under Dean's control and would turn on him.

What a treat to see Sloane assert himself to Dean. The poor guy is deluding himself thinking that he has Sloane under his thumb. When he threatened Nadia, he might a well have stuck a gun into his own mouth. We KNOW Sloane is going to make him pay dearly for that. :w00t:

After the debriefing Rachel says that Jack is scary and Syd agrees. Rachel thanks Syd for helping with her cope with the mission. Syd tells her that Naughn did that for her. Rachel says that she wishes that she could have met him. I concede that was a nice moment and it fit the show.

Another nice moment is seeing Sloane comes into Nadia's room to hold her hand. I loved it. It is necessary to show that to people who still think that he a heartless father who only cares about himself. Sloane is only pretending to be on Dean's side, waiting for the right time to turn on him.

Was the scene of Sydney playing a recording of Naughn and her chatting for her baby necessary? If he is only to come back for a dream, shouldn't the writers just forget about having reminders of him? It torments people who like him and annoys people who don't. Or are the writers trying to prepare for his eventual return? How would they explain surviving being turned into Swiss Cheese? :rolleyes:

Ok I was a skeptic at the beginning but man its been pretty good this season and just think if they bring back Nadia Weiss and possibly Vaughn man this show could go back to its former glory with me. The writing last season seemed lazy and the plotlines a little tedious and every though this season has its...problems its still going a lot better than the season we shall not speak of. This has such potential I can see it I just hope they don't disappoint

OK I'm getting ready to go to bed, but I wanted to hear the tape a couple more times. I was watching (and of course listening lol. *sigh*) and then I noticed, there on her bed, there was a yellow envelope sitting on her bed, OPENED!!!!!!! So, (this is just a hunch) maybe Vaughn kept ALL of the mission conversations on a tape, and he kept them so whenever Syd was on or mission (or during her missing 2 years) he would listen to them to hear her voice. Now that he is supposidly 'gone' he wanted his child to hear his voice, and have Sydney hear it too. So he sent it through the mail to her and a note saying "Put in tape player and let our child and you listen." (ok i know that is a little cheesy, but I'm REALLY tired.lol) and that is what that is. Ever since I saw that envelope just sitting on her bed, OPENED!!!!!!!! any thoughts to what it is?!?!?!

^HEY, you have the same banner that I do at Addicted to Alias :lol:

OMG BOYSCOUT WAS IN HERE!!! I didn't realize you came in here to review Alias eps.

I basically liked this ep, if you wanna know all the reasons why, go to a2a and read because I posted like an uber long post over there.

2. Spork!!!! :lol: Marshall asking Rachel if she ever heard of a spork when trying to brag on his missions of old! Hilarious!!!

leave it to you jenlyn.... :lol: I went through every post waiting for the "spork" reference..... :lol: It's one of my favorite Marshall moments ever.... :lol: But..... There's something really wrong when Marshall uses "5x5" -- Somehow I can only see Faith from "Buffy" using that.....

Great episode! And we got some clue about Vaughn! When the lady in the babystore was aksing about Syndey's husband, did she say "He was great,wish he could do more" ?

I thought it was a good show and would have rated it higher except I didn't like how it seems like Rachel is replacing Syd...I relieze Syd is having a baby but I don't know it just dosn't seem right in my mind!

Mel

Does anyone know exactly what the conversation was with syd and vaughn at the end? remember j.j. saying pay very close attention to the first few episodes because there are hints as to what is going to happen with the vaughn stroyline.

and what happened to alias media.com?

is anyone else getting the idea that they are trying to replace syd and vaughn with rachael and the other new agent. its really annoying to see rachael on missions she doesnt fit the way syd does

Does anyone know exactly what the conversation was with syd and vaughn at the end? remember j.j. saying pay very close attention to the first few episodes because there are hints as to what is going to happen with the vaughn stroyline.

and what happened to alias media.com?
Excellent two questions - the conversation sounded like it was recorded from a mission. Sydney was somewhere in frigid weather outside trying to pick a lock, but Vaughn was somewhere warm. He told her maybe he would talk to Langley and get her a mission somewhere warm for like a month and then he said "Wait, that sounds dangerous. We should both go." That's the jist of it anyway. (FYI, I posted a new topic under titled "Any Vaughn hints?" under "Episode 6: Solo" to speculate about it!
I"ve been trying to get on alias-media.com too. No idea where it went.

Back