Season 5 React: Solo

What would you rate "Solo"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
--Renee certainly knows how to make an entrance! We weren't sure who it was at first, but when she removed her helmet, my whole family cheered. Alias dorks... :D

--"Ours is a forbidden love!" :P Love to see Dixon back in the field.

--Tom is certainly unique and you gotta love him for it!

--Syd playing the old comm tape for the baby. :cry: One of, if not the most poignant Alias moment ever.

Music note-- Loved the use of the Karla Bonoff version of "The Water is Wide." It was used, very effectively, many years ago on a thirtysomething episode. Ken Olin connection!

~v

i thought rachel was gay

I don't know if you mean gay like stupid or gay like homosexual if you mean homosexual then I agree I thought she was gay and my friend said I was imagining things but there is just a little something there. Every time Rachel talks to her former friend from the shed there's always something amiss about their conversation. But like I said I love different situations and that one would make her a lot different from Sydney.

I thought it was ok..., I will watch it again and hopefully I'll feel like so many of you guys after the second viewing. I feel the same as a few of you with them wanting to replace Syd with Rachael. Although, I like her...I LOVE Syd. :redhair:

I just don't feel the same excitement, tension, urgency as I did with the past seasons. I rewatch Alias everyday and I still never tire seeing them...and I hope that I will soon feel that way about this season. Although, there were some great lines...Marshall and the Spork...Classic. Sydney had a couple of good ones too!

Next week looks like it could be back to being awesome!

and that's all I hafta say.
"Is he conscious?"
"I think so."
"Then hit him again."

I think this is my new favorite line!

hmm... well, i do like the fact that sloane is evil again, however i think dean fails to realize who he's playing with and just how much power arvin holds...i think sloane is playing dumb and weak until dean and apo provide him exactly what he wants and to be honest i think it has very little to do with nadia... he loves her, but i still believe that he is a very selfish, power hungry man. I'm not so sure what to think of agent grace and rachel - sometimes i feel like they're trying to recreate a vaughn/syd and then other times i like how they interact... jury is still out on that one. Syd playing the tape of she and vaughn for the baby was adorable... very cute detail to add - i liked it. With the first mission - ok, i LOVE syd being in the field - more than any other agent, however i hate having her in the field while she's pregnant - having her as Rachel's 'gaurdian angel' is cool and all but serriously... i can't believe that her father would risk her being in the field like that - he needs to pull rank... its too dangerous - even if she is the best agent for the job... contrary to that thought though, i did love how she used her pregnancy to her advantage to complete the mission... that's why we love sydney bristow! With Rachel's mission i loved how syd was there to walk her through the whole thing, and if she continues training as a field agent and goes on missions with tom, then i think it'll help me get my alias fix... thats what made sydney so exciting to watch so early on in the show - despite the fact that she may heve been scared to death, she had nothing to lose and just went for it - she was gutsy. You could tell she was clearly frightened at times, but it was all about the job, rachel has yet to develop that emotional level that sydney is (or at least was) on.
ok, well, before i write a novel... all for now
~mountaineer~

Great episode! And we got some clue about Vaughn! When the lady in the babystore was aksing about Syndey's husband, did she say "He was great,wish he could do more" ?

ah! - great point! - i noticed that too, but really didn't think too much of it... now that you say that, i have some crazy ideas in my head - hmm... this could get interesting!

Dean will be sorry he ever thretened to harm Nadia. Sloane isn't evil. He is da mastermind and will ultimately overpower Dean. Also I love Amy Acker in Alias. She gives a very convincing preformance. Her character seems to be quite interesting. RACHEL KICKS ASS!!!!!!! Now I totallly love her!!:smiley:
Also, I like Thomas. He's cool!!

5 points

Ok so I completely missed last night's episode and didn't even realize Alias was on until about 8:00 when CSI came on and I realized I watch something else on Thursday nights.

Alias has always been my favortie show, but this season I just have no interest in the story. I know most people said they would stop watching the show b/c Vaughn was gone and I was one of those who said it but continued to watch anyways. Yet here I sit not upset at all about missing last night's episode. And that kinda scares me. (n)

Bring back Vaughn!!

Ratings from Zap2it.com

CBS began its night with "Survivor: Guatemala," which posted an 11.1/17 at 8 p.m. "Joey," 5.6/9, and "Will & Grace," 6.0/9, put NBC in second. "Alias" finished third for ABC, beating out "The O.C.," 3.7/6, on FOX and "Smallville," 3.2/5, on The WB. UPN brought up the rear with "Everybody Hates Chris" and "Love, Inc."

"CSI" soared to an 18.2/27 at 9 p.m., bringing in close to 30 million viewers. NBC stayed in second with "The Apprentice," 7.3/11. ABC's "Night Stalker," 2.8/4, was third, although FOX's "Reunion," 2.6/4, had slightly more total viewers. "Everwood" kept The WB in fifth, holding off UPN's "Eve" and "Cuts."

At 10 p.m., "Without a Trace" finished the CBS sweep with a 13.7/22. NBC's "ER," 10.1/16, posted its highest rating of the season, and ABC's "Primetime" averaged 4.4/7.

I think Alias loss of ratings has a lot of this has to do with...

1. Being moved to Thursday at 8:00pm

2. Competition of shows

3. Abundance of good shows on at the same time.

4. ABC lack of consistency in airing the show (it did better last season running uninterupted)

5. ABC's lack of promotion for Alias (I didn't see one Alias promo during LOST, DH or GA)

The Vaughn mentions and Sydney at the baby store staring at the father was so sad! And Mia Maestro, it takes talent to be in a coma.

Best Parts

1. Sydney playing the tape to Isabelle(ITS A GIRL!) Was that tape from Cipher? It is the only episode where she went somewhere cold.
2. Marshall talking about his Alias magic, "Do you know what a spork is?"
3. Sydney talking about Vaughn
4. The chemistry between Rachel and Thomas Grace.

Bad Part

1. Before I went spoiler free I saw certain pictures that I was excited about, why weren't they in the preview?

Bad Part

1. Before I went spoiler free I saw certain pictures that I was excited about, why weren't they in the preview?

Don't worry they probably don't want to let out much to much information what is about to come, but keep your spisits high. What you saw will hopefully happen!

~Andrea :angelic:

I loved Syd in it, but everyone else sucked. So, little Jack, Sloane was just weird, and it seemed like Marshall was reading from an old script. Plus I don't like the Rachel character, she is whiny, especially after all Syd has gone through. Everything just seemed robotic. I want more Jack less new charaters. And from what it sounds about Vaughn, I am not getting any happier. I hate to be a downer on this show, I know it could be so much better if JJ wasn't working MI3.

Katie

Gawwwd i missed this board! i hate moving!!

anyhoooo, i rated this one a 4, it was actually really good! but i agree with you Jannie, the part at the store and the ending with Syd in the rocking chair was too much :cry: i cried my lil eyes out! :cry: :cry:

Gawwwd i missed this board! i hate moving!!

anyhoooo, i rated this one a 4, it was actually really good! but i agree with you Jannie, the part at the store and the ending with Syd in the rocking chair was too much :cry: i cried my lil eyes out! :cry: :cry:
:hug: it's ok nat :console: we know that eventually all will be right and our vaughny shall return *hugs denial bubble*

Um.. I dont even know what to say about this episode. I just felt frustraited the whole time. I'm trying real hard to like all the new characters, I really am! But the whole storyline of Syd simplying being a mentor to someone else just doesnt appeal to me in the least. -_-

I am glad I am not the only one in Denial about Vaughn. We need him back, Syd is not the same, and it will only get worse when the baby comes. I don't think I could handle a dream squence with Vaughn and Syd getting married and then still have him being dead. That would kill me.

Katie

It was good to see the scene with Rachel's family...but I'm still not convinced I like her, even though I really want to. And I'm still not thrilled with Tom...that whole scene between Rachel and him fighting was awful to watch. He reminds me too much of Charlie Sheen, and that's not a good thing. I'd love to see more of Renee...wish they would focus on her a bit more.

The whole Dixon proclamation of love scene was great, as well as Syd using her pregnacy to her advantage, although the best exchange was Syd and Rachel's "Is he still conscious?" "I think so." "Then hit him again." :lol: And the spork reference! Ha! ...it took me a moment to remember that episode...good thing I just watched it not too long ago.

As for Vaughn & Syd, I loved the two of them together when the series was new, but wasn't that impressed with them last season--they actually started irritating me, a feat that before I would have proclaimed as impossible. It would be interesting if Will was somehow written back in.

I did enjoy the episode ... very well done ...

dont understand why Sloane lets Dean treat him like he owns him ...

And I'm still not thrilled with Tom...that whole scene between Rachel and him fighting was awful to watch. He reminds me too much of Charlie Sheen, and that's not a good thing.

YES! i sooo agree!! - thought so too but my roomie thought i was nuts! Agent grace reminds me of Charlie Sheen physically, and his personality is like what i wou;d expect of JAck as a young agent...just some thoughts...

I did enjoy the episode ... very well done ...

dont understand why Sloane lets Dean treat him like he owns him ...

He's just biding his time...

I agree with those who like Tom. He's very interesting. THere doesn't seem to be much to him at first, but I think that's a part of the character. He seems kind of dull, but I think they'll reveal more in time about him. And personally, I think he and Rachel could develop a fascinating friendship - she's kind of goody two shoes, in a way, inexperienced, sweet, unassuming - he's the opposite and I think their opposites would attract and create major fireworks. Maybe not the kind of "soul mate, lasting" love that Sydney and Vaughn have, but exciting to watch nonetheless.
I really don't think that the new characters IN ANY WAY replace Sydney and Vaughn. I like that Rachel is very different from Sydney - I like that she's not immediately "kick-butt" awesome at what she does. They always kind of tried to make Nadia like Sydney and I don't think it worked out too well. And Tom is definitely not like Vaughn at all.
Of course I am still hoping that Vaughn and Sydney get their happy ending. If the writers don't do that, they are crazy!

:hug: it's ok nat :console: we know that eventually all will be right and our vaughny shall return *hugs denial bubble*
TOtally with you girls on that! My denial bubble is huge.

Back