Season 5 React: The Horizon

How would you rate "The Horizon"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
Ok, I live on the West Coast so I'm only halfway through the episode, but I have already cried at least two times--once at the beginning when she saw the father with the baby in the hospital (I immediately thought of Vaughn) and then when he proposed in the flashback. Also, did anyone think it was really sad when they showed her being tortured and you could see the tear tracks down her cheeks?

OMG that was the saddest episode! I completely broke down at the end of the episode, when Vaughn and Sydney were on the beach? That was so sad when he said you have to let me go, it was then that I really realized that he was dead, I think. And then when there was the trailer at the end and they mentioned the final episodes, I started crying again. Alias is almost over! This is so upsetting, I've been watching from Day 1 and I can't believe that it's all nearly finished. This is so sad! I have to go and write my letter to save Alias.

Just amazing - recreating some of the most famous Syd/Vaughn scenes from past seasons, along with Jennifer Garner's most emotional portrayal of Sydney Bristow yet (particularly in the scenes where she cries, first while talking with Vaughn while in the S1 recreation of the blood donation wagon on campus at her university, and again in the room where Prophet Five was holding her to drug and hypnotize her for info on Vaughn and his whereabouts) - but the most compelling scenes were the brief reappearance of Irina Derevko near the end (leading to the question of what role she had in Sydney's kidnapping, and the role she will play heading toward the series' end), followed by the ep's shocking cliffhanger ending.

Man, March can't get here fast enough for me! I gave it a 5.

Is it just me or was this episode missing something, don't get me wrong the SpyMommy was great the bit o' ActionVaughn was great and I like the visions of episodes past but something about the way it was setup, the whole "torture room" thing it just felt unecessary to go back and forth. If you remember "Conscious" then you'll remember how wierd and haunting it was in her mind and it flowed well. This was choppy at those cut scenes that's all I would have liked to see each memory blend into each other but I'm just being picky :smiley:

But kudos to the Alias team the last scene in the blood van was done really well, that look on Vartan's face was creeping me out I don't know if he meant to do that or not but man I was screaming "Tell him so he can stop looking at you like that!!!!!"
And of course the SpyMommy reveal "If I could have all of life's wonders and mysteries revealed to me in a brief flash of light or relive that moment again I'd hesitate then go for the moment in Alias."

The hospital part was great though I was cracking up when she asked about the epideral
"I don't like pain"
Ok couple of years ago you were being electrocuted in a bathtub full of water and before that getting your tooth pulled out,
I thought that and the way Garner and Garber both looked like trapped rabbits in the hospital was great.
Any day now
Any day now

Wow... I actually have been enjoying this season so far, but this episode really proved to me that Season 5 is awesome! I totally wasn't expecting Irina.... like you guys said, I yelled out loud "WHAT" all by my lonesome. I am sure my neighbours down the hall were wondering what the hell was going on. Also, crazy end for the eppy. It totally felt like a cliffhanger finale. Thank god for that because it reminded me of the great first couple of seasons of this show.

I also would like to share how distraught I am that this show is ending. I am really really going to miss it. It was one of the only tv shows that I would interrupt my life for. I do feel like there is still much to tell and was hoping that there would be just one more season... but apparently that is not how ABC feels.

Anyway, I will be back in 2 months to read more about what you all think is going on. The preview made me sad when I heard someone was going to die... it will be interesting. Do you think Sloane is finally going to get it? Hmmm... I don't actually want this to be spoiled for me. I love being spoil-free.

Peace! :D

OMFG!! Alias is so good. See, this is why I have faith in Season 5. I have liked it so far, and now love it!! I was so freaking shocked when I saw Irina. I know that she wouldn't ever hurt Syd, she's just trying to get to the end of Prophet 5. Or something. I loved the S/V flashbacks. It went all the way to the beginning. It helped show how much they mean together and that Vaughn really isn't gone. He'll be back. I know it. I loved how they used the "We'll find each other. We always find each other" thing again. It was beautiful. I'm a bit confused, but of course, I am, it's a freaking 8 week cliffhanger (isn't it 8 weeks?). Why must Alias be gone for so long (well I know why, but you know what I mean)? Just wow, wow, wow. I really am going to miss Alias.

I know it's the final season, but I hope somehow they keep the show alive. Make a movie out of it. Or how about a series sequel in the future, when Jen's baby is a couple years old and she's back into her asskicking shape. The sequel would have to be named, "<O>" if possible. Ok, I think I've lost my mind, can someone please help me find it??? :thinking:

ok - all season long ive been giving 3s, and once i gave a 2... but tonight... 5 baby!! i actually said outloud, holy sh!t when i saw irina. i was thinking.. i never read that spoiler!!! it's actually good to be surprised every once and a while. this was a great epi. by far best one this season, and probably top 5 out of all of them. i know lena olin's shots were edited, but that was spectacular. talk about coming out of no where. and when jack chopped off homeboy's ear... jack is a bada$$.

im so glad this is how they tied in irina's little reminder to vaughn about no secrets... shes the mastermind behind something far greater than we know. but someone made a good point.. if they want to know whats on the map, why not ask sloane? if irina is in charge of it all, then wow...woman's got some power. how many terrorist cells was she in charge of?

im sure spymommy has a totally different agenda and she's trying to protect syd. only a couple more episides til we figure out what the heck is going on. alias finally got back to being awesome, and it comes to an end. bitter sweet indeed.

OMG! what a great episode!

First of all we can all tell on Jack's look that Vaughn is alive somewhere!

And what is up with Agent Grace? Poor Marshall was only trying to do his job and Grace kind of attacked him for going to Langley with it. There is something up with him, I know it!

And Rnèe throwing does knives, OMG what a Matrix girl :D That was awsome!

And Irina? what is she up to? Playing her own game? But we all know Irina "truth takes time" right? :smiley:

...its episodes like this that remind me why i havent given up on this show...Finally an episode that brought it all together again...
SPY DADDY! I love Mr. Jack Bristow "its not the suit you should be afraid of" and the rattle, and the Dr.s appt...it was amazing

I cried mutiple times in this episode, including the opening scene w/ Vaughn, I had forgotten what it was like to have him around again! And it was like all the best Syd/Vaughn scenes put together again...like Korea, and on the Docks, and the proposal it was like watching a highlight reel of all the seasons! It was truly amazing "we'll find each other, we always find each other" i lost it, seriously, props to the writers!
Then i was in total distress when it was IRINA!!! Ahhhh i was so angry! It was her, after the whole "you may not see me on your wedding day, but I will see you"????? what was that? evil, evil, evil
Hopefuly that for the las episodes we will get a wicked cast reuniun...Vaughn, Will, Irina, Danny, Laurnen, Sark, Francie, Nadia, Weiss, it would be amazing! Credits would be forever!
My old motto was (borrowed) "...waiting for the next episode of season 4..." but i can change that now! Yea for Season 5 finaly arriving!

...its episodes like this that remind me why i havent given up on this show...Finally an episode that brought it all together again...
SPY DADDY! I love Mr. Jack Bristow "its not the suit you should be afraid of" and the rattle, and the Dr.s appt...it was amazing

I cried mutiple times in this episode, including the opening scene w/ Vaughn, I had forgotten what it was like to have him around again! And it was like all the best Syd/Vaughn scenes put together again...like Korea, and on the Docks, and the proposal it was like watching a highlight reel of all the seasons! It was truly amazing "we'll find each other, we always find each other" i lost it, seriously, props to the writers!
Then i was in total distress when it was IRINA!!! Ahhhh i was so angry! It was her, after the whole "you may not see me on your wedding day, but I will see you"????? what was that? evil, evil, evil
Hopefuly that for the las episodes we will get a wicked cast reuniun...Vaughn, Will, Irina, Danny, Laurnen, Sark, Francie, Nadia, Weiss, it would be amazing! Credits would be forever!
My old motto was (borrowed) "...waiting for the next episode of season 4..." but i can change that now! Yea for Season 5 finaly arriving!

Ok why do we need to see Danny...now! The dude is dead! (hopefully) and Francie(real one) unless they faked her death,whats the point of bringing Francienator back!

AWESOME!!!! Now that was Alias! First time in a long time I voted Best Ever. I don't know what it was....but I had to rewatch it as soon as it was over and I haven't done that since last season. It just goes to show that Alias is Sydney and her complicated life....Vaughn, SpyDaddy, SpyMommy, sprinkled with a bit of Dixon and Marshall.

I love how they use old segments to bring in more questions and answers. They included some of my most favorite moments from the past...and this was a Jennifer Garner's moment to shine....she was totally awesome in this ep.

I can't wait for more but it was also very sad when they said it was the Beginning of the End. That statement really hit me for the first time that Alias is going away. :(

ok my review

i gave it a 5..... i'd give it a 500 if i could because THAT FREAKIN ROCKED!!!!!!!!!
for the first time i felt like we were back in S2 (except i still had to look at ugly Thomas Grace or Rachel <_< he.he.)
Anyway ok
i belive its fairly obvious by now that i LOVE *love* LOVE spy!mommy to the bitter end.... but i swear... Irina... WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!?!?! GAH! :banghead:
i'm just so upset and i was SO shocked
but i will have faith until the end and i do believe that this *PROVES* that Vaughn is not dead, because no matter how many henious things Irina did (clearly torturing her 37 week pregnant daughter is one of them <_< along wiht plotting to STEAL HER BABY!!! sheesh...) all those thigns were in Sydney's best interest
besides, if she wanted vaughn dead she could have killed him instead of telling him to tell sydney what he had been up to with Renee Rianne

Aside from that shock (Whcih i still loved) this was truely just... a tribute really to sydney and Vaughn's relationship. I mean come on - the shippers just had to be like :love: :love: :thud: :2love:

i LOVED that they went back and redid such key pivital points in the s/v hisotry like the Pier, crossings, warehouse... AHHH i just *LOVED* it i cannot even express
belly touch :love:
he wants to meet the baby (and he will) :love:
sydney was his strenght (and everything esle he said at the pier) :love:
syd wants to run away to her own island with vaughn :love:

COMEON!! its like emotional overload
so what i'm trying to say is that... the episode was A-FRICKIN-MAZING
*hugs denial bubble*
oh yeah, this will get me through til march

great episode and irina being behind it: :blink: :confused: :woot:

and vaughn being back, even though just as a hallucination: :woot: :woot: (y)

but some inconsistencies: why putting here through that for information other people would also know and how the hell can irina be behind it, when she blessed the proposal and wants her daughter to be happy and why the f*** did she first warn vaughn to tell sydney.

irinas role within prophet five makes no sense if you watch earlier eppies

Ok why do we need to see Danny...now! The dude is dead! (hopefully) and Francie(real one) unless they faked her death,whats the point of bringing Francienator back!

It would just be fun to have everyone back! I think that 2nd season was the best, and when Fran wasnt a FemBot it was awesome, Im just imiginaing what the best Series Finalie would be...ever

Ps. i forgot to add, that that creepy guy that handed the glass to Syd when Vaughn was in the hospital.....yea whats with taht?!

Back