Season 5 React: The Horizon

How would you rate "The Horizon"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
yay!!! vaughie's back!!! i was so excited for Syd...

why exactly does spy mommy want horizon and is it rambaldi related?? i just want to tell everyone that i am sick and tired of hearing that name... i mean, geez, after 5 years its getting a little old...

maybe its like the 'sphere of life' or something and its a way to bring him back or a weapon of mass destruction...

and how is spy daddy gonna find sydney?? i saw the previews for the rest of the season??? does anyelse else think that Rachel is a double agent or what??? i heard weiss is coming back... yay for weiss, i miss my weiss...

questions, questions, all these questions... JJ your killing us here!!

:banghead: :banghead:

:cuss:

that was probably the WORST ALIAS EVER!

it was so bad! it was just a poor excuse ro bring vaughn back after killing him off!
it was terriable!
they runined every great moment of syd and vaughn by making them flash backs and then modifying them!

honestly! i was not surprised with the whole irina thing! they can make her pop up only so many times until it gets old!

and then they killed off that old guy with out trying to find out why he was so important to be perserved in a box!

the only good thing in the entire episode was when they cut off that guys ear! that was probably the most unexpected thing!

that episode was totally weak!

Ummm. are you on the wrong board? As a matter of fact how long since you've see Alias? BYE!

Ok, did anyone else noticed that the two face shots of Lena were clearly from Season 2? The reflection in the glass and the one face shot as if she were looking at Amy Acker were both from Season 2 (I just rewatched it on DVD this week, and I'm 99% sure it is). All they had to do was get Lena to record a line of voice over and a stand in for the back-of-the-head walking away shot. This makes sense since I'm pretty sure Lena was doing other things when this episode was shot, and by using previous footage and a small voice over they could get away with not having her name in the credits, thus upping the surprise value and setting up her return when Alias returns from hiatus. I'm SOOO happy they went this route and got us some Lena again!

Oh, and go Syd for deceiving her mother this time (and not the other way around!)

I think it was obvious that Irina has something to do with Prophet Five, because she knew about Vaughn (remember in Before the Flood? She tolde him to tell Syd)

And yes, I a m pretty sure that was stock footage from season 2. The colors behind here were the same blury colors the she had in her cell in the rotunda (I mean the light mystifying her appearence when she gave intel or one of her trade mark smiles) . And the clothes were 100% her prison uniform she had.

But I don't mind, because this was a great episode. And I've already seen the after hiatus preview, and I think I won't make it untill March...

OMG! I had forgotten just how much I have missed Vaughn. It just doesn't seem the same with him missing. I cried during some of the scenes on the beach. Where in the hell is Syd?? I'd hate to be the person that encounters Jack~

Omg that episode was so good that all I can think about is: what is Irina up to? Who knows? That girl got one twitsed mind, but that is why we love her :P I don't think I'm going to make it for 12 weeks, but at leats they left us with an episode that we can actually think about and isn't completely mindless, lol. Can't wait till March, or whenever it starts up again!

~Andrea :angelic:

Ummm. are you on the wrong board? As a matter of fact how long since you've see Alias? BYE!

obviously i am not on the wrong board, its called "react" so i did and thats what i think of the episode. it was awful

how long since i have seen alias? well i saw it the other night because i commented on it and i have been watching this entire season and every season since season 1.

BYE!

I TOTALLY LOVE THIS EPISODE. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. Jennifer is brilliant. We finally get to see Sydney and her emotional side again. Yeah having Vaughn back is like the old time. Really miss him. And Spy Mommy? Now that was a supprise... I am spoiler free hence I thought that the only guest appearance is Michael Vartan. But having Lena Olin back is just great. Worth watching again and again :smiley:

Don't jump on Irina too quick - she was genuinely concerned about the baby - unless of course the baby ties into her endgame.

Here's my question - I *swear* we've seen that baby's room/setup before, but I can't remember when. Anyone remember if we have and if so, when?

You know it seems like all the Alias producers have to do to make some people happy on this board is throw in Vaughn or throw in Irina, regardless of whether it makes sense to do so, regardless of whether the plot line was good, or the action, or *anything* else. That's all fine and dandy, I'm happy you're happy, but don't get all huffy when somebody requires a little more for somebody to be pleased with the episode than just showing us some faces we like.

obviously i am not on the wrong board, its called "react" so i did and thats what i think of the episode. it was awful

I wouldn't go as far as to say awful - it was fine - but I voted it just okay, because let's face it, there wasn't a lot of new material in there. So Irina shows up again - as somebody who's been watching since season 1 aired on TV, I can't say it was terribly shocking. The freaking episode promo from ABC basically gave it away. But that's okay, I am happy to see her back in the story again - assuming of course that her presence will make sense.

I did feel a little bit like they were just throwing in this episode to placate the cries of "bring back Vaughn" w/o actually bringing him back, and well, I miss him too, and I hoped we were going to find some secret memory where Vaughn told Syd that he had to fake his death, but I wasn't really all that impressed with what seemed to be primarily just a chance to rehash all the best Syd-Vaughn moments. Big deal.

However, I found it interesting to note two recurring themes: "We'll find each other again." and "You have to let me go." It was almost like they were talking to the fans with the whole "let me go" thing. But then I was thinking about how Syd got so mad at Vaughn in season 3 for not holding out hope that she was alive - all season long I've been wondering should she be holding out hope, then? And with the whole "We'll find each other again" . . . I'd like to hint that means Vaughn is alive, but I mean, why would you write a script in which you shoot somebody a billion times if you intended to bring the character back? I think it's more likely that Syd will be the agent to make the ultimate sacrifice, and then she'll be with Vaughn, and Jack will have a second shot at being a dad.

^wow, that is pretty depressing

what i noticed is that on the hospital bed and they're talking about baby names. and syd goes "what if it's a girl?" and vaughn goes "i meant for it to be a girl" and THEN vaughn goes"I wish SHE was here right now" and syd goes "you will see her"

i mean, how does he technically know that baby's a girl? and syd hinted how he'll see her. I don't know if it was anything, but it definately caught my eye

I've said all along that season 5 has the potential to be one of the best seasons of Alias, and it's true, there have been some rocky moments when I wasn't so sure, but after this episode my faith has been restored. I hope the rest of the season lives up to this episode! Oh, and Irina coming back, best kept Alias secret ever! I mean we all knew it was coming, but this soon?!?!?! Alias has to be the best show ever!!!

I thought "Horizon" was just sick and disgusting. I realize that I am in the minority here, but did it not bother anyone that we're supposed to consider watching a pregnant woman being kidnapped, drugged, and tortured -- by her own mother, no less -- to be entertaining? I was absolutely revolted by it. I gave it a one. 👎

Probably you forget that all that stuff was a palliation to focus on the huge inside contrast of a woman, who desires to be normal, but she can't in this freak society. The point is how difficult is for a woman to grow up and sacrifice herself for a daughter in a society where you can't trust anyone. Inside force and beliefs are the only things, that can save her. Or the love for a man or for a daughter. This is the great point of Alias. This is what I've always seen in that. And this is not disgusting at all. I have completely an other idea of disgusting. This is so deep! Also because Garner is a so intelligent and profound person, as we can see in her great acting. And also because we all know that creators of Alias are not people who want to do a sensational show, without a profound meaning. What have you watched all those past years? Alias? Are you sure about that? :blink:
Irina? She shot Sydney in the past and we had our explanation. I'm sure we'll have also in this case. Obviously in Alias all is extreme and absurd. But this is the exterior aspect of it. Behind we have all the possible objective and subjective meanings.
For the record: also Sloane and Sark have their good sides. What do you want more?

Irina was endangering both Sydney and her unborn child. There is no excuse for it. You just don't write a scenario like that and expect that some viewers won't be offended. I was one of them.

I think that if you still considered offended by it, probably you don't understand what I wrote before... I don't know what else to add... Alias isn't a "family" show... It's done for people who wants to analyze profounding.
Irina was endangering both Sydney and her unborn child.
In Alias. Noone is really endangered. Even tha death can't kill characters! This is obviously an absurd scenario of violence. What did you think about tortures? What do you think about the fact that Sark tortured Vaughn, and now we have the good side of Sark? Always is apparently absurd!!! You don't know what are you talking about! Apparently there was no excuse also for a mother to shot her daughter!

I mostly enjoy "Alias," but I do not like torture scenes, and this was especially bad.

I think what you are saying is that they were merely using torture as a plot device to get into Sydney's head. That is true. But I wish they would have come up with another way that would not have been so dangerous to a pregnant woman and her baby.

Back