Season 5 React: There's Only One Sydney Bristow

How would you rate "There's Only One Sydney Bristow"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
I gave it a four because it wasn't quite as insane as last week, but it was defiantly an awesome episode. I loved little baby Isabelle. It's so weird to see Sydney being a mom.

I'm usually not a huge fan of Will, but in this episode I really liked him. If a frekin' bomb was implanted in my head I would be freaking out so bad, it's not even funny. The babysitters were funny too. I was like, "Omg, seriosuly?" lol :D.

That crazy kick that Syd did was awesome, and proves that although she is a mom she is still an awesome spy. Ugh, I just love Sydney soo much :D.

Great episode (y) !!

~Andrea :angelic:

Doubling.... *sigh*... The only thing I have to say to that is that there better be an earth shattering, mind altering, life changing purpose for that one to be revisited....

Doubling aside....

sharp edge object Jack -- LOVED IT...... :lol:

and the fact that at the end when Syd and Will were walking the baby, I was reminded of ice cream eating Syd and Vaughn.... :smiley: -- that's the shipper in me.... :lol:

GREAT Episode....not the best ever...but amazing! Will is freakin awesome...I officially love Will. He is so great to Syd, I love him. And they're mission...lol. And Syd back to kickin butt was awesome! PLUS, you're right that last scene, was a total recall to the ice cream scene.....PLUS did anyone catch the recall to Season 1 Episode 3? Anna kissing the glass.....that was anice touch!

I love how they used the same CG train. made me laugh.

the babysitters were AWSOME! I was like wow... this is sad, but your'e SO cool lol

--Mandy :angelic:

The doubling was kind of expected, but as long as they don't make it really stupid, I'm fine with it. I think it will all make sense in the end. Hopefully it will help us make sense of Rambaldi, and why Sydney is drawn on page. 47 (oo ya, and page 47 was defiantly not the same picture as they used in previous seasons)

~Andrea :angelic:

I enjoyed the episode, it was though kinda lame when sloane yet again had to describe who Rambaldi was to everyone at APO. But it's kinda a catch 22 with me, when it comes with the whole anna/ doubling sydney.

Yeah, I predicted that Sydney was going to be doubled way back in Season 2, because she's Sydney Bristow! Who wouldn't want to double her?

The process itself wasn't as bad as I thought, and although this episode wasn't as good as last week's I still thought it was really good. It made me realize how much I miss Will! And there were just too many funny moments in this one. I loved the whole Sydney/Anna thing, and the "You'll never beat me," line from Syd. I have a strong feeling that the doubling was necessary for the prophecy, so I can't wait to see how that turns out.

And as for Andrea's comment ^, you think? Did the writer's think that it wasn't noticable!? I mean, holy Jesus in a half!

8.5/10 (y) :woot: :lol:

It was a great episode! All of the Will and Syd moments were hilarious and the Jack bristow women and knives freak out was funny too.
I was slightly dissapointed with the fact that 2 JJ Abrams productions are using the same story
A bomb implanted in someone's head- Alias with Will and MI3 with Ethan Hunt (Cruise)

The whole doubling thing is kinda old but I think they will make up for it with the fact that Anna is the double and she will at some point at least be near Vaughn, so we get to see how he reacts to all of this.
All in all it was a great episode, not as crazy great as last week but still better than some episodes.

ETA: I think the whole doubling thing is going to play in with the Rambaldi storyline, I mean they got Page 47 now and someone that is a double of Syd...trying to create some utter destruction Prophet 5, I believe so.

i noticed the drawing thing too. but i think it was a good episode. i loved Will at APO. and him asking Syd to be his best man! that whole little convo was just hilarious.

BUT THEY FRIGGEN DOUBLED SYD!!! the title of the ep makes so much more sense now! but i'm going with the "they're gonna fulfill the prophecy however they can" theory.

But Jack & Syd talking about how they can't tell Will about Vaughn made me giddy because I knew they were in on it!

:thud:

best. quote. EVAR -
Jack: Get a med team together. Devise an extraction scenario.
Will: Did you not hear what he said about the exploding?!

i thought it was ok, but not good enough for the 100th episode. but i liked the babysitters. and will. i liked will a lot. :smiley:

The only thing I have to say to that is that there better be an earth shattering, mind altering, life changing purpose for that one to be revisited....
so they can solve the mystery of page 47 -_- the cloning is getting annoying

Now see...I think all I have to say about this episode is this: Alias is back...for sure. The club scene, the jokes ("My wife's kind of a wh*re"-lmao). I know this may sound bad, but for me, watching Syd in those missions pregnant...it seemed a little ridiculous, you know? So watching all of those crazy stunts and kicks and fights....it just made my day.

This episode had everything: the great catch phrases, the action, the suspense...and even though I saw the end coming toward the last few minutes of the episode, I can't wait to see how it will play out. 'Cause see....Fancie being doubled was interesting....but having the main character doubled is just going to be so fascinating.

In conclusion...I think that saying this show is going out with a bang is not just a safe assumption, it's a guarantee. :smiley:

Argh! I thought Irina being cloned was the last straw! No more I tell you, no more!

I was nice to see Isabelle, though. She's so cute!

By far, having Will back was freakin' awesome! It brought back an element to the show that had been missing since season two. It was so sad to see his face light up when Syd told him she had a daughter with Vaughn, only to tell him he was *dead*.

Excellent episode. This is gonna be good, people!

i thought it was ok, but not good enough for the 100th episode. but i liked the babysitters. and will. i liked will a lot.

I agree.

I would also add Marshall, the mission, and the song played during it.

By the way, does anyone know the name and artist of the song playing when Syd is swinging down the rope during the first misssion?

That last scene with Anna totally freaked me out. They cloned her into Syd just like in Season 2 with the Helix Protocol. I have no idea how everybody are going to identify Anna and Syd now.

There's Only One Sydney Bristow is a great episode!! 4 out of 5!!

I predicted that this episode was going to be self-contained, but it ended up being just another exciting piece of the Alias puzzle, which I'm very happy about. :smiley: I couldn't have asked for much more from the 100th episode, except for a few things here and there that could've been done better.

I'm just going to express my opinion on a few of the issues that have been brought up:

-- First of all, having Anna back was really cool. Her accent did seem a little off in the beginning, but it seemed to be just right after her first couple scenes.

-- When Anna slashed Sydney on the arm and the doctor talked about her DNA, my first thought was: "Project: Helix?" I even assumed that Anna was going to be the one to be Sydney's double. Am I the only one that saw it coming pretty early in the episode? Anyway, the fact that Sydney is now doubled doesn't really bother me much. If we've had supporting and guest characters doubled, then why not our main character? I don't know, but it just makes sense to me. Plus, we never really got to see how the doubling process works until now, so...that's my opinion. Now all we have to figure out is WHY they did it, and how it'll all play out.

-- The baby that plays Isabelle may look way too old to be only several weeks old, but I really don't care. I don't know about you guys, but as long as it's a reasonably young baby, I could care less how close it is to Isabelle's age. That's just me, though. :smiley:

-- It was great to see Will back again too, kind of playing a father-figure for Isabelle until Vaughn comes back (although he doesn't know it). Also, did he seem a little uptight and mean in this episode, or is it just me?

That's all I've got for now. Looks like the rest of the series is just going to get better and better (hopefully)!!

It was nice seeing Sydney back in action post-pregnancy, and back to her old butt-kicking self again - especially when saving Will (who showed he could do some damage himself when dealing with Anna Espinoza). :smiley:

On the other hand - Espinoza is so going to pay for all the felgercarb she has put Syd and her friends and family through over the years, and so will Kelly Peyton. :angry:

What a boring-ass episode, they should of let maternal instinct be the 100th episode. They could of just killed off will, its not like we will see him again, at least that would of made the episode worthwhile. I enjoyed seeing the baby and jack though.

Things i loved:

Will in this ep..he was adorable...one of the only thingsn that kept me going.....sadly its prolly the last time we will see him:( [btw what happened to his show...why did they cancel it?]
I also loved the syd-dad scene in the beginning, very cute skit w/ the whole weapons away from a bristow woman:D
the new ppl didnt have much scenes (sorry still haven't gotten to like them yet:()

EVERYTHING and i mean everything else...i hated it..i was just soo disappointed.

1. y did syd have to enter from the top (of the club) y cudnt she come in like everyone else?
2. how did they not know the whole will thing was a setup...is everyone becoming really stupid over there?
3. the project helix thing has been soo over done...i feel like they r just using this to perhaps allow the prophecy to come true w/o having it to b the actual syd that does it....it just seems like a crappy rushed plot.

this isnt alias:( alias is suppose to b deeper than this..more complex...more well thought. this was just a bunch of predictable scenes and a few treats to make us happy along the way.

theres just a few more eps left i really hope they can do better than this:(

I laughed my ass off at the babysitters!! :lol: oh my.. hahaha poor Isabelle!! i can't see those two playing peek-a-boo with her! :rotflmao: but that baby is deliciously CUTE!!!! :love:

i LOVED this eppy!! this is the old alias that i've missed so badly this season!

gotta love Will!! i've missed him soooo much!! i love seeing him and syd together!! brings back alot of memories :woot:

as for the whole cloaning thing.... i dunno, i think it's getting a bit repetitive but i'll still give it a chance

Back