Season 5 React: There's Only One Sydney Bristow

How would you rate "There's Only One Sydney Bristow"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
Ok................so a few thoughts

1) I was not to happy with this episode. It couldn't hold a candle to last weeks. I just expected more. Hopefully next week will make up for it. I can't believe that it was the 100th eppy, and they didnt make it better.

2) I know it was pretty obvious that the baby was older than 4 weeks, but its probably hard to get a month old baby to be in the show.

3) Will was amazing. As was Anna. I dont remember her accent sounding like that.

4) I was deeply saddened that Irina wasn't in this episode and NAdia didn't wake up yet. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I cant wait till next week...........Nadia waking up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm not really sure how I feel about this episode, I'll have to watch it again and hopefully that will help. One thing is for sure, I LOVE Will!!! I wish we could have seen more of him over the years, this whole once every other season doesn't cut it for me!

I gave it a four, because in my opinion....

GOOD NEWS:

1.) the second half was better than the first
2.) the sydney/will scenes made me laugh and smile
3.) it had such great lines at times: "guys, who's rambaldi?" and "sydney, my head's beeping!" :rotflmao:
4.) Anna was really intriguing

BAD NEWS:

1.) apparently, there was supposed to be 'the biggest stunt they've ever done' according to jesse alexander in alias magazine, when syd wires herself 350 feet across to another building: they didn't even make it a big deal! that was a bit of a letdown.
2.) despite them explaining this doubling process (obviously a different one than helix), it was a little too rediculous, but i guess it was ok.
3.) Page 47--WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST HAVE USED THE ORIGINAL PICTURE?? It didn't even look like Syd, I don't understand. I'm going to write in about this ep.

the s/w scenes made up for everything though. hope next week is better!

You have GOT to be kidding me. I read a spoiler awhile ago that said something to the effect of Sydney was going to be fighting herself near the end of the series. The first thing I thought of was another double. And then I thought there is no way the creative team was going to recycle that storyline again. I guess I'm dumb. First Marcovic (sp?), then Francie, then Irina, and now good ol' Sydney. What the heck, let's just double everyone and change the name of the show to "Name That Clone". I love this show, so it pains me to say all this.

But I guess the creative team thought they only had this one way to get themselves out of the corner they painted themselves into. Especially since early in the series, Sydney saw the view from Mount Doom or whatever its name was, and that was supposed to nullify the prophecy. So how do you get around that little hiccup? Well, you just make another Sydney Bristow. :asleep: And then that way Prophet 5 can continue trying to bring Rambaldi's prophecy full circle. *sigh* We'll see where it goes.

The episode was ok!

highly protected babysitters for baby Isabelle :lol:

Now i really wonder where Irina is in on all of this? Is she still working for them? Or has she gone freelance with the Horizon? Does she know that they where planning on clone Sydney?

3 words: BRING IRINA BACK!!

I thought that the episode was pretty darned great.

Great to see Will again. There is such warmth and chemistry between Syd and Will. If only the writers recognised that Will was so necessary to Sydney's life years ago. I liked how Will got to save Sydney. We saw in his previous return, Will was able to kick Francinator's butt, so it was consistent that he could beat Anna. Why wouldn't someone who has been kidnapped and beaten not maintain his self defense training?

I thought that Jack complaining about Sydney leaving edged weapons available for baby to get hold of was funny. I got the impression that the CIA babysitters were sent by Jack to babyproof the house. :D

Did they ever explain why Sydney could come into the disco through the front door rather than come in through the roof by zip line? :lol:

I liked having the whole team involved with the distractions at the disco. Great interaction between Rachel and Thomas as a flirtatious wife and jealous husband.

Great to see Sloane say he is forced to cooperate to get Nadia cured, rather than him being evil (as many fans claim). Once again he is upset with Prophet-5 when Sydney gets endangered. He really does consider Jack and Sydney to be family. I was surprised that P-5 gave him the cure as promised.

I wonder if Nadia's cure will be so simple or will there be complications? Now that he has the cure, will Arvin tell Jack and Sydney what he had to do? I'm guessing that he will. He's already told them the other time that he was being forced to cooperate. Besides, I'd imagine if Nadia was suddenly cured, everyone would suspect that she was given a secret antidote by Sloane anyway.

It's not surprising that Anna was going to be turned into a clone of Sydney. I think that the process to double her was the one used by Dr. Desantis to turn himself into a double of Renée's papa. The cloning allows Anna to be "The Chosen One, not Sydney. That allows the Rambaldi Prophesy to occur where the Chosen One and The Passenger do great battle, where one or both die.

I also like Sydney apologising to Will for causing so much trouble to him. I loved his sentiment that although he's seen incredible evil in the world, he sleeps well knowing that Sydney is fighting it.

There were definitely some cute moments in this one....spydaddy lecturing about sharp objects and Bristow women. :D The exchange of Will and Syd about her being his bestman...very cute as well. That being said the whole doubling thing tainted the entire episode for me. I haven't even voted yet b/c I want to give it a fair vote, but the doubling deal is clouding my judgement. I just hope they tie it up and fast!

I totally agree with you freelancer7.

I lol with some of the banter between Spydaddy and Syd and also Will. I find it amazing that when this show first came on, seemed as though everyone hated Will...seems you always want what you don't have.

I don't know that it's the Alias of old although it is very good, but I'm watching again the first season and what I find different is that when Alias first came on, it actually seemed like Sydney was just a spy...now she is this "chosen one" which is ok, but it turned more into a sci-fi show with it's out there stories. I still love it though!

With so few eps left...I just wonder how they were able to wrap it up...and can't wait to find out!

Good ep

the best part of the episode imo was the babysitters, that was classic :D

i liked will coming back (i love bradley cooper) but to me it seemed forced and with only 5 episodes left, they need to get the story moving, because now i'm more confused than ever about what prophet 5's real agenda is and what do they really want with sydney & or vaughn.

also i hope like heck that the first time vaughn and sydney reunite on screen that he's not seeing anna, but the real syd

I loved the episode last night. I thought that is was great that Will was back. Anna being back of course makes it awesome, you know Syd would love to put her away for good. Here's the thing though, we've seen the cloning thing 2 times now, once with evil Francie and Irina. So now we have Rambaldi evil Syd?! Of course everything has to come back to Rambaldi because thats where the show started. Slone makes me so angry at this point. He's always been evil, but his concern for Syd erks me.

I don't understand something. They said they need Sydney for the Rambaldi endgame or something, right? But they clone Sydney, so the clone is really Anna. Now, if they need Sydney, then why clone her? They can't use the clone for the endgame and the real Sydney will never work with them.

Other than that...I liked the episode very much. Seeing Anna and Will back was great

I don't understand something. They said they need Sydney for the Rambaldi endgame or something, right? But they clone Sydney, so the clone is really Anna. Now, if they need Sydney, then why clone her? They can't use the clone for the endgame and the real Sydney will never work with them.

Other than that...I liked the episode very much. Seeing Anna and Will back was great

I think what is happening is that now that they have cloned Sydney, she is going to try and get the baby. I believe the Baby Isabelle is now the key to Rambaldi. Apparently, there are going to be three people dying by the end of the show. Here is how I think it is going to breakdown: 1) Nadia will die fighting Anna (Sydney Cloned), this is the prediction of the Passenger fighting the Chosen One, with the Chosen One winning. Once the real Syd finds out Nadia is dead she will kill Anna, (with the help of Irina) Anna will then die at the hands of Sydney. Another major male character close to Sydney will die, probably Sloane of Dixon, I am more apt to believe it will be Sloane. His entire endgame has been Rambaldi, and he will end up dying for it. I also believe Irina will play a major factor at this endgame. Remember last night, Sydney is seeking information on her mother and the horizon. When she entered the nightclub, Prophet 5 made it seem as though Irina was present, yet we all know she was not, since she betrayed Prophet 5 in "Maternal Instinct" They used Irina, and when she finds out she is going to kill everyone involved, including Sloane & Peyton.
The cloned Sydney is part of the end game, since Anna now has her DNA, and who is too says that some of Syd's eggs were not stored in another facility during the time of her two year abscense in Season 3? Any thought???????

i thought the episode was good...not one of the best alias episodes (i preferred last weeks episodes more!)...but this also could have been b.c i was expecting a lot just b.c it was the 100th episode...however there were so many great parts about the episode!! it was absolutely hilarious!! i laughed out loud so many times, from the beginning to the end!! and having syd and will together again was great...it was just like the ol' times!! and they were so funny! and those two insanely great kicks syd did in the club...the one off the wall and then the two foot in the air one was awesome!! i think this episode perfectly set up what to expect for the final episodes!
...for the people who didn't understand why will was back and the point of him...prophet 5 needed a reason to get syd back in the field and they knew by capturing will, she would be out to save him in a second! and prophet 5 needed syd in the field so that they could get her dna in order to clone her!...and now anna could be considered the chosen one (which is why they also wanted page 47)!! and she will end up having to fight nadia...and then the whole prophecy will play out!!...and although the majority of everyone thinks that the whole cloning thing has been over done...this is going to turn out pretty cool...there are so many things that can happen now!! these finale episodes are going to be amazing...the alias crew isn't going to let us down, so don't freak out so much about seeing old things pop up again!
can't wait til' next weeks!!

I think what is happening is that now that they have cloned Sydney, she is going to try and get the baby. I believe the Baby Isabelle is now the key to Rambaldi. Apparently, there are going to be three people dying by the end of the show. Here is how I think it is going to breakdown: 1) Nadia will die fighting Anna (Sydney Cloned), this is the prediction of the Passenger fighting the Chosen One, with the Chosen One winning. Once the real Syd finds out Nadia is dead she will kill Anna, (with the help of Irina) Anna will then die at the hands of Sydney. Another major male character close to Sydney will die, probably Sloane of Dixon, I am more apt to believe it will be Sloane. His entire endgame has been Rambaldi, and he will end up dying for it. I also believe Irina will play a major factor at this endgame. Remember last night, Sydney is seeking information on her mother and the horizon. When she entered the nightclub, Prophet 5 made it seem as though Irina was present, yet we all know she was not, since she betrayed Prophet 5 in "Maternal Instinct" They used Irina, and when she finds out she is going to kill everyone involved, including Sloane & Peyton.
The cloned Sydney is part of the end game, since Anna now has her DNA, and who is too says that some of Syd's eggs were not stored in another facility during the time of her two year abscense in Season 3? Any thought???????

Very long, but I think you have it nailed so close as what will really happen, and you made sense out of it for me. After I typed my wuestion I was thinking that Anna now does have Syd's DNA...I mean, that makes sense.

Thanks a bunch!

:blink: Ok, I've gone over all these comments hoping to answer this question, and I'm sure something's wrong with me because it was the first thing that popped into my head.

Why the hell didn't Will recognize that Anna chick? Isn't her current state that of Sidney's old friend? I swear to God I've seen every episode of this show, but I havne't gone back and watched the first 3 episodes or so for about a year and a half? I guess I don't really remember excactly what her friend looked like. I know this sounds like a n00b question, so if someone could answer nicely I'd appreciate it.

:blink: Ok, I've gone over all these comments hoping to answer this question, and I'm sure something's wrong with me because it was the first thing that popped into my head.

Why the hell didn't Will recognize that Anna chick? Isn't her current state that of Sidney's old friend? I swear to God I've seen every episode of this show, but I havne't gone back and watched the first 3 episodes or so for about a year and a half? I guess I don't really remember excactly what her friend looked like. I know this sounds like a n00b question, so if someone could answer nicely I'd appreciate it.

Actually no, they look silimar, but they are different actors, playing different characters

Actually no, they look silimar, but they are different actors, playing different characters

Thank you. I knew there was a reason no one brought it up yet.

The thing that is confusing me is the cloning. It's not like I think all black women look the same, but I remember her friend was copied, and she happened to be black and a buttkicking enemy of Sid. I guess I better go brush up so I can enjoy the rest of this series :blush:

Back