Season 5 React: There's Only One Sydney Bristow

How would you rate "There's Only One Sydney Bristow"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
ok guys, i didn't like the cloning thing resurfacing either, but at least they showed us the process this time. the writer's don't have amnesia and they aren't stupid; they know the fan's reaction to it being used again last season. in alias magazine, mr. alexander said that when they came up with the idea to having someone somehow infiltrate syd's world and become sydney, then have it be ANNA, they were so psyhced (it is a great idea) but they knew the doubling would be the only way; think about it. so they did everything they could to make it not look recycled, and i think they did a pretty darn good job.

what confuses me is that a lot more people are rolling their eyes at the helix thing but not at vaughn coming back...hmm.... ;)

Very long, but I think you have it nailed so close as what will really happen, and you made sense out of it for me. After I typed my wuestion I was thinking that Anna now does have Syd's DNA...I mean, that makes sense.

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks for the reply, though I hope I am not right, in that Nadia dies, yet the other message boards say someone close to Syd will die, that is the only reason why I believe it is Nadia. Also, in the end, I believe Irina will reveal her true motives to Syd & Jack, and the reason why she believed in Rambaldi. Originally, I don't think the creators ever wanted to create a loving character out of Sydney's mother, yet the fanbase loves Lena Olin, and it would devastate many fans if she really turned out to be evil, so they have to make her part of the endgame, hasn't this been what the entire series revolves around, RAMBALDI!!!!! Sometimes I am even thought to believe that Irina & her family are descendants of Rambaldi, and that is why she is so involved in this. Any thoughts????????

Sometimes I am even thought to believe that Irina & her family are descendants of Rambaldi, and that is why she is so involved in this. Any thoughts????????

I agree. It would make perfect sense if Irina was a decendent of Rambaldi. Every major prophecy he made has been about her and her daughters. I can't wait to see how they tie up all the lose ends. I think Irina's end game should be that she did everything she has done to protect Sydney, Nadia, and the baby. She knew what prophet 5 wanted and the only way she could stop them was to join them to keep them from hurting the ones she loves.

Oh man - I'm so relieved; that episode was fantastic! I loved seeing Will and Anna back, as well as the Rambaldi plot line (although it's arguable if there is actually a Rambaldi thing happening, or if that was just a tool to get Sydney onto the train, and also have some Rambaldi stuff for the sake of the 100th episode!) - it really feels like a return to old-school Alias. I'm so thrilled!

the cloninth thing was completely...WTF NOT AGAIN. But back with kickass Syd and the non stop action, and you have those classic Alias moments when everyone is rushing to stop bombs, kick each others butts, solve mysteries blabla all at the same time. and ive never been a big fan of will but he was AWESOME in this episode!

I didn't notice the drawing to be different, but then, I don't worship page 47, so I wouldn't know.

I don't understand two things: Why does everyone think Rambaldi isn't a closed thing. What questions can you possibly have after the last episodes of season 4?

The other things is: What do you have against doubling. Project Helix and it's affiliates (Anna put in that red fluid really seemed like frying french fries...) is very cool and always a pretty good story line as far as I'm concearned.

Two things I HATED about this ep were the awful re-mixed version of Riders on the Storm that played in the night club, and those two babysitter agents. It was so stupid, inappropriate and totally NOT FUNNY. I was thinking like how much more stupid can you get?

Sometimes I am even thought to believe that Irina & her family are descendants of Rambaldi, and that is why she is so involved in this. Any thoughts????????

I agree. It would make perfect sense if Irina was a decendent of Rambaldi. Every major prophecy he made has been about her and her daughters.

Didn't Irina say though that she had nothing to do with Rambaldi or his endgame? And that it was Sydney who does? I mean, the Sydney Family thing makes sense, Irina Syd Nadia and Syd's daughter all being descendants of Rambaldi, but then where does Vaughn and Sloane fit in? Only one of them (if at all)Can be Rambaldi. I personally think if he is alive, then it is Sloane...does that make sense at all?
:blush:

Didn't Irina say though that she had nothing to do with Rambaldi or his endgame? And that it was Sydney who does? I mean, the Sydney Family thing makes sense, Irina Syd Nadia and Syd's daughter all being descendants of Rambaldi, but then where does Vaughn and Sloane fit in? Only one of them (if at all)Can be Rambaldi. I personally think if he is alive, then it is Sloane...does that make sense at all?
:blush:

I don't know if Rambaldi is alive. Remember in Season three, and the cube that "Julia Thorne" found in the cave with Lazerey? That was Rambaldi's genetic material. Maybe it is possible before it was destroyed Sark saved some and is trying to still get to Syd? I know it seems very far-fetched, yet the whole program is that way in leading the audience to believe one thing, and another turns out to be the truth. I still think the only reason why Irina came back into Syd's life after a long abscence is to protect her daughter. Over the last five years in subtle ways she has professed her love for Sydney. I also think the only way to protect Syd is to never tell her the truth, maybe in the end Irina knows she is going to pay with her life in order to protect her daughters, and if Syd found out she might try to find away around this, yet Irina knows the truth about the prophecy of Rambaldi and does not want to take the chance her daughter will die? Any thoughts???????/

I don't know if Rambaldi is alive. Remember in Season three, and the cube that "Julia Thorne" found in the cave with Lazerey? That was Rambaldi's genetic material. Maybe it is possible before it was destroyed Sark saved some and is trying to still get to Syd? I know it seems very far-fetched, yet the whole program is that way in leading the audience to believe one thing, and another turns out to be the truth. I still think the only reason why Irina came back into Syd's life after a long abscence is to protect her daughter. Over the last five years in subtle ways she has professed her love for Sydney. I also think the only way to protect Syd is to never tell her the truth, maybe in the end Irina knows she is going to pay with her life in order to protect her daughters, and if Syd found out she might try to find away around this, yet Irina knows the truth about the prophecy of Rambaldi and does not want to take the chance her daughter will die? Any thoughts???????/

That does seem a little 'out there', but then again, this is Alias, and it is possible. I am sure they want to give us something to remember, a wonderful ending, you know? I do believe that Irina knows something that isn't telling Syd, but I also believe that by not telling her, she is only risking her life and relationship with her. What do you think?

That does seem a little 'out there', but then again, this is Alias, and it is possible. I am sure they want to give us something to remember, a wonderful ending, you know? I do believe that Irina knows something that isn't telling Syd, but I also believe that by not telling her, she is only risking her life and relationship with her. What do you think?

I agree 100%, Since Irina came back into Syd's life, at times she seems to so evil, yet also portrays a loving mother. I think when it is all resolved, we will find out the real reason why Irina faked her death so long ago, why she came back, and the reality of the endgame. Also, I still think that Baby Isabelle is going to play a huge part in this story, if not I think I will be a bit letdown. I think Irina is trying to destroy the prophecy of Rambaldi, and somehow she is directly connected to the entire endgame. There are so many things that can happen, what would be your perfect ending?

I agree 100%, Since Irina came back into Syd's life, at times she seems to so evil, yet also portrays a loving mother. I think when it is all resolved, we will find out the real reason why Irina faked her death so long ago..... I think Irina is trying to destroy the prophecy of Rambaldi, and somehow she is directly connected to the entire endgame. There are so many things that can happen, what would be your perfect ending?

To be honest, I don't know. there are so many ways to end this series that I would like. The ways I am thinking of I am writing in my fan fic. That is exactly what i would love to see. But it won't happen. So, given the spoilers, I really can't say. There are too many variables to actually stay with. Your vision of Irina is something I would like to see. what about you?

so i was kinda confused, did this episode hint that sydney and jack know vaughn is alive?

No, not a hint. It was actually quite clear. Syd said she doesn't feel right about saying lies to Will regarding Vaughn is dead, and Jack said she has to pretend he's dead, because it's for MV's safety.
I don't understand you are so surprised that Jack and Syd know, because OBVIOUSLY it was thier plan and, most importantly, who did you think sent the horse rider to the monk's cottage to tell Vaughn?
If anything was ever obvious on this show, then it is Jack and Syd knowing Vaugn is alive. From the beginning.

About Rambaldi being alive, from promo photos on Alias-Media, I would say it is possible, because there is an old guy we've never seen before, and obviously they made promos with an old guy because he's gonna be super important. (I don't remember which episode were the pics for, but it's not that hard to find out, because they have only three eps)

A thing that made me sad is that I found out the season is only going to have 17 episodes. You all probably knew already, but I just learned this, and it sucks. A lot. Sucks big time.

The other things is: What do you have against doubling. Project Helix and it's affiliates (Anna put in that red fluid really seemed like frying french fries...) is very cool and always a pretty good story line as far as I'm concearned.
I can't speak for everyone, so I'll speak for myself (even though it's probably the quibble most of us have), the problem is the ridiculous repetition of this idea/storyline. If this was the first time a clone/double was made, I'd probably be ok with it. But it's not the first. It's not the second. It's not the third. Heck, it's not even the fourth! That is my problem with it. It's like whenever the writers don't know where to go or don't know how to get themselves out of a situation that they've written themselves into, what do they do, they decide make a double and everything will be alright. It's not alright.

I thought it was a good episode, but definitely not as good as last week's. I loved having Will back. It made me happy. And seeing Isabelle. And other things that I can't remember at midnight. But, the cloning of Anna into Syd was predictable, but oh well, everything else was good, I thought.

can you name all four doubling?
I can only think of Francie and Irina that Jack killed and that that guy who invented te thing, but that doesn'n count, because that was the first time and it was OK then - even by your standards, I assume

can you name all four doubling?
I can only think of Francie and Irina that Jack killed and that that guy who invented te thing, but that doesn'n count, because that was the first time and it was OK then - even by your standards, I assume
First of all, my standards for this show aren't that high. They don't have to knock me off the couch with every twist and turn. Seasons one and two were the proverbial "lightning in a bottle". It's very hard for any show to continue at that high quality. So I'm not asking for that, never was. All I was hoping for was some new ideas, not yet another double.

And the fourth was DeSantis.

No, not a hint. It was actually quite clear. Syd said she doesn't feel right about saying lies to Will regarding Vaughn is dead, and Jack said she has to pretend he's dead, because it's for MV's safety.
I don't understand you are so surprised that Jack and Syd know, because OBVIOUSLY it was thier plan and, most importantly, who did you think sent the horse rider to the monk's cottage to tell Vaughn?
If anything was ever obvious on this show, then it is Jack and Syd knowing Vaugn is alive. From the beginning.

whoa buddy ok sorry i guess i was slow on the uptake, doesn't me you gotta be harsh about it. Usually when we find out important things like that it's a big deal on the show..this was more like a mention so i wasn't too sure if i heard them right. And in the previous episode Sydney only said "dad" and her dad was like "i'll take care of it". That didn't necessarily mean that he sent the rider.

Back