Season 3 Reaction to 3.12 "Crossings"

What did you think of Season 3 Episode 12, "Crossings"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
This episode didn't make a lot of sense. Then again, a lot of things that happen on the show usually don't. I think the episode could have been done a lot better and thought out more.

](dreamlancer @ Jan 20 2004, 08:46 PM)
If Lauren wants Vaughn and Syd to be killed then why doesn't she have the guy shoot both of them with the injections like he did to the pilots? Why create something so fancy as a plane crash?[

Most likely because the plane crashing would have looked more like an accident and the subsequent wreckage would make it impossible to show that the pilots had been drugged.

I agree, if they had shot Syd and Vaughn, the CIA would probably guess that the covenate did it and come after them really hard. I think that the covenate is also thinking about Lauren and don´t want to expose her, if Syd and Vaughn would have been hit then they would probably have been more curious about what it was (if both of them got it) than it just being a bug. The question would be how anyone knew that Syd and Vaughn would be there and the CIA would start wondering if there´s a spy/mole in the CIA.

Though I thought it was strange how there was no mentioning or investigation about how both pilots could die like that, but maybe they´ll bring it up in the next episode.

I just saw it . I think it was great!!!
Now we know for sure that Lauren is evil ....can't wait for Vaughn to find out!
Plus , I loved the S/V scenes , it's been a while since we haven't seen those 2 together .
And of Course , I loved the part with Jack and Irina's sister....
It's not the best epi ever , but i still think it was great.

All is right in the world again.. the last 2 eps really are what caused it... Lauren's definately evil and she's like a little Irina but not even half as good but anyways... yay! she was totally sent by the covenant after they kidnapped Syd and "brain-washed" her... gotta love JJ knew he'd pull through for us!

Melissa ^_^

Milferd said:
I think it was a bit poor to have the pilots hit and not Sydney and Vaughn.

A possible reason is that the pilots felt the sting of the darts but brushed off the stings as something weird but not worth worrying about. Sydney and Vaughn as trained agents might have thought poison right then as a possibility and get fast medical attention before the slow poison would kill them.
OH!!

You're smart (y) :lol:

But the Covenant not only poisoned the pilots, they sent missiles after them. The CIA should still be alerted to the possibility that there's a mole b/c how else would they have known the plane number? It doesn't make sense b/c the Covenant has still jeopardized Lauren's status within the CIA. Somebody please explain.

I thought the North Korean goverment people sent them... I thought the covenant notified them that CIA spys were going to be trying to enter the country so they sent the government the plane number... Or did I imagine that?

Yep I think that was the North Koreans after they discovered them in their airspace... they weren't expecting to be discovered... I don't know if the Covenant told them or not.

SiriCerasi said:
Yep I think that was the North Koreans after they discovered them in their airspace... they weren't expecting to be discovered... I don't know if the Covenant told them or not.
Good. For a moment I just thought I made all that up...well maybe that last part I did :P

leila6 said:
But the Covenant not only poisoned the pilots, they sent missiles after them. The CIA should still be alerted to the possibility that there's a mole b/c how else would they have known the plane number? It doesn't make sense b/c the Covenant has still jeopardized Lauren's status within the CIA. Somebody please explain.
The Covenant probably was hoping that the pilots dieing would down the plane and keep it secret. But to the covenant for some reason felt that killing Sydney and Vaughn was more important than keeping things secret so when the plane did not go down from the pilots they used the missiles. The Covenant would have known about when the drug would take out the pilots so they knew when they fired the missiles that the pilot part of the plot had not worked. The Covenant must have put a real priority on the kill because they must have told Lauren to take risks if needed to give them information. The Covenant was willing to risk Lauren being caught to get Sydney and Vaughn.

SiriCerasi Thanks! :blush:

The Covenant probably was hoping that the pilots dieing would down the plane and keep it secret. But to the covenant for some reason felt that killing Sydney and Vaughn was more important than keeping things secret so when the plane did not go down from the pilots they used the missiles.

It was the North Corean government who sent the missiles, wasn´t it because they spotted the airplane and it wasn´t one of their own?

Angel81 said:
The Covenant probably was hoping that the pilots dieing would down the plane and keep it secret. But to the covenant for some reason felt that killing Sydney and Vaughn was more important than keeping things secret so when the plane did not go down from the pilots they used the missiles.

It was the North Corean government who sent the missiles, wasn´t it because they spotted the airplane and it wasn´t one of their own?
Will have to rewatch or someone else can answer. I though I heard that the missiles were Covenent not North Korean but am not sure.

Angel81 said:

Yep (y) It was the North Koreans

Hey guys havent been here in a while since school started! But I thought the last episode was awesome! I loved how in the begining they showed Syd and Vaughn being shot at and I was just like How the heck are they going to get out of this? Has Marshall's proposal disappeared? I really wanted to see him sing that song to her! ah well

So, I am super late with the review...i haven't even been here in a week. Been super busy.

I am kinda on the fence about this one...obviously i loved the kiss, but then the ending sucked, obviously!...Irina's sister was nice (if we can't have irina, at least her sister is good)....And of course Lauren was as evil as ever....i hate that b****, at least I'm not worried anymore about whether she really loves Vaughn (like Irina supposedly loved Jack)...because she was willing to kill him with barely a second thought.

But overall...i dunno...i wasn't THAT impressed.

The part where Syd held the knife to Sark...that was pretty funny.

hahaha, i thought the same thing chanel. i was like, aw felgercarb, watch him miss it. but he didn't..cuz he's perfect..and hot..and even his melted flesh is hot..ew..not really. ooooo lauren angers me sooo much, and then the fact that vaugne left syd hanging there at the end..grrr

Will have to rewatch or someone else can answer. I though I heard that the missiles were Covenent not North Korean but am not sure.

Okey, so I was one of the persons who said it was North Korea, I was about 99 % sure, but then I rewatched the episode and Jack actually said it was the covenant. So, know my whole idea about why Syd and Vaughn wasn´t shot with those darts the pilots was, went down the drain.....

it was quick good...but I'm so desapointed : IRINA MUST COME BACK!!!!!
I find Lauren more ande more intresting...I think this is a good point to have an other woman in the place....

Now syd must watch her back.... :Ph34r:

:angelfly: :argue: :jawdrop: :lame: :spam: 🦇 :baa: :devil: :xmas: :ermm: :mad: :thejoyofpepsi:

I liked the episode :smiley:

..........canadian pirate..........and squirrels..........

Hey there,

Also kind of late. :smiley:.I loved that episode. The kiss - liked it, like it. :P :lol: :smiley: :love:
Also liked Sark. His accent. :smiley: So happy, Lauren is bad. I so hope she will get caught.
The most liked rhe Syd Vaughn parts in the epi . all of them, exept the returning back home from the part Lauren was on the screen.

Still happy - kiss. :smiley:

Have fun,

Monika Vartan Ho #2552

Back