• 1 - It was bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - It was OK

• 3 - It was good

• 4 - It was great!

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

• Total voters
You know I was watching Prelude again (who wouldn't? especially the fighting scenes) and while watching; I notice that it wasn't Jen/Syd in some parts of the fighting! Look at the lady's arm and you will see what I am talking about! Jen's arms a WELL tone, this person wasn't!

I wonder why (the mask bothered me) they did not let her do some parts of the scenes? I am SURE she could, she does all OR most of her stunts!

Any thoughts?

Maybe for insurance reasons they're not allowed to have people trying to slice her open. But I'm still surprised it wasn't her in some scenes! I hate stuff like that because it makes it less real. :Ph34r:

I'm pretty sure that they wanted a martial arts expert for the scene to make it look really good--Ms Garner doesn't have the time to become Jackie Chan, for gosh sakes! Give her a break. (Besides, it's a lot cheaper & easier & faster to do with an expert than to try to make a nonexpert look expert!) The scene was a lot of fun--and, excuse me, but there was a lot of muscle in those arms, the woman was just a little (ahem) meatier than the average actress!--If she didn't have muscle she couldn't do the work. After all, she's a stuntwoman, not a clotheshorse! (I'll spare you the rant on the business forcing actresses to starve to get work . . .) And, thanks, but the action scenes in Buffy lost a lot when they lost their stuntwoman (the final season had me thinking, they must have a decent stuntwoman again because they finally had some kickin' action scenes again). Ms Garner can do a whole lot more than Ms Gellar can, but she knows when to step aside and let an expert do her stuff. And I, for one, don't mind watching the expert doing her stuff.
;)

I just saw Prelude last night , I LOVED IT!!!!
And then , i had to watch it again !
And , the scene with V and S , the almost kiss!!!! :love: :love:
I can't believe I have to wait another week to see what happens next!

Less than one week left --- is anyone else going crazy??? Since it wasn't on last night, I feel like my night wasn't complete. I know - total fanatic, but I admit it!!

By the way, the ALIAS soundtrack goes on sale tomorrow everywhere!!!
:P (y)

verdantheart, I was NOT criticizing or complaining about the show, Jen OR the stunt person in any way. It was just an observation. <_<

It took me by surprise that she did not do that scene; when I know she could do it! That's what I am talking about! And yes Jen (she could be her any day :lol: ) is better then Gellar, their forms are different!

And about the stunt persons arm; (once again I am not criticizing) just showing the difference; to note it wasn't Jen's

Yes, Ms Garner could have done it--with months of training and specific practice for this scene. But they needed someone who could step in quickly with other martial arts people and a choreographer and work out a scene and execute it--pronto! We're not talking about a movie that they have weeks to shoot (like Daredevil) here. This is a TV show that they need to have it in the can in a week. I have great respect for Ms Garner's ability, but she'll tell you herself that she is not a martial arts expert (she says she has general knowledge), and she can't just step in and do a choreographed scene like Jackie Chan under these deadlines. You have to understand just how much discipline and continual practice this kind of art takes (watch one of those J Chan behind-the-scenes specials, for example). This readiness takes hours of daily practice that Ms Garner has to spend doing other things, like, say, acting? Having Ms Martial Arts step in allows them to multi-task, too, sending a unit with Ms Garner to do the acting while they handle the action with Ms Martial Arts, saving a load of time.

I'm not complaining, just explaining--and trying to say why this is done and why I agree with the practice. (Thank goodness they did it for Buffy, or they couldn't have brought on the Turok-han!)
;)

I thought this eppy was good but i had a problem with sloane and syd going on a mission. First of all, how does the covenant expect Sloane to go in and fix up the Mazer without help. They should know he needs help to break in that deep into security without being caught, and assign him with one of their agents, or at least check out who he's working with in this mission. All the covenant would need to do to see if sloane were loyal would be to send someone else in that party. Once they realize he's with syd, he'd be compromised.

There are only a couple ways I see this working out reasonably. Sloane could be a triple agent and really work for the covenant. For several reasons i don't believe this is the case. The Covenant may trust Sloane completely, but given that his connection with the organization is very new yet, i doubt this is the case. I don't have a lot of respect for the level of organization in the Covenant in this episode. A powerful underground crime network doesn't just trust people after a few weeks unless they can't afford not to or they are just niave. A group doesn't become powerful with these characteristics.

The only way i see this situation reasonable is if the covenant knew what they were doing. That they wanted sloane and sydney to do what they did to the mazer, and wanted them both alive to help them for future plans that they don't know about. This is highly elaborate and the only logical way this situation could play out the way it did.

Anyways, i liked the eppy and liked seeing Syd's disgust for Sloane in their mission, even if i don't agree with why JJ wanted this to happen. I'm sure he's got a plan, and i can't wait to see it unfold!

i think this was the best episode of the season, so far. it was dam great as far as syd & vaughn are concerned :D

torch95 said:
I thought this eppy was good but i had a problem with sloane and syd going on a mission. 
[post="536007"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yep, what's up with that! I mean the chances that someone reconice her is pretty BIG (like the ball with water big) :hide:

Back