Read any good books lately?

nance said:
on the bright side, now im the girlfriend of a sex god is number 2 in the series
in the uk number 2 is called it's ok i'm wearing really big knickers!
what r the rest called in the us?
cause number 1 is angus thongs and full frontal snogging
number 3 is knocked out by my nuga - nungas
and number 4 is dancing in my nuddy - pants
in the uk
ukaliaschick (y) (n)

nance said:
ukaliaschick said:
Marlene said:
and i also had to get On the Bright Side I am now the Girlfriend of a Sex God.
r u talking about the gorgia nicholson diaries cause it sounds familliar from the books. they r called different stuff in the uk but i suppose they changed them for the different markets. which nmber in the series is 'on the bright side i am now the girlfriend of a sex god'?
ukaliaschick (y) (n)
on the bright side, now im the girlfriend of a sex god is number 2 in the series
yea it those...erm sorry i dont remember what number it was. its already in posession of my friend.

hrm i really don't know...i saw the angus thong 1. there was a whole bunch of em. i feel like reading em, btu we have to write about the books we read every thursday in our log books n it really sucks when u read a *interesting* book and you have to put it in terms so its politiclaly correct so u don't have your english teacher thinking you're some sex crazed teeny bopper. i read the weirest strangest books. you should she her comments in red pen!

nance said:
Marlene said:
has anyone read The Devil Wears Prada? its suppsoe 2 be kind of like the nanny diaries(i didn't read that yet) except its about the fashion industry. I must get it, i should have jsut asked the lady helping me find books. i was so conscientious, b/c i was asking her to find the weirdest books. and you could tell by the look on her face, "who reads these books?" i had her look up a bunch of titles on espionage during ww2/cold war for my ss essay, and the 3rd gossip girl...which has like the best cover to walk around with. and i had to get a fearless book for my friends birthday...and out of all the books i could have gotten her she was up to #20 with the lovely title of sex. and i asked her about the sequal to the sisterhood of the traveling pants...(which is out soon) and she looked at me even more. lol. and i also had to get On the Bright Side I am now the Girlfriend of a Sex God. I ended this book shopping fiasco casually with a copy of hamlet n this ultra cute monkey bookmark!
for the devil wears prada, nope haven't read it but heard of it and will go to the library. i hate buying books! i saw the cover for the 3rd gossip girl and i reallly like it except i hate those books! the covers are awesome though lol hehe. haha sex is the best book in fearless, ed and gaia do the deed. when i was buying (i only buy fearless books) sex, i knew the guy at the register thought i was a freak. traveling pants was good also! when is the sequel coming out and whats the title?
erm its like the second summer of the sisterhood...somthing along those lines. if i am not mistaken its out today! i have to find another boarders or b n n's b/c the staff there thinks i'm a big freak. the 1st time i went there i went on a jenny garner compulisve buying...1st 2 alias books, declassified, a/k/a jennifer garner. hehe. then i get regularish boosk the next time. then all the weird sex n espionage books.

nance said:
has anyone read Night by Elie Wiesel? Elie Wiesel is a Holocaust survivor. We had to read it for IRLA, and usually we have really horrible books but this was really good even though the things done in the Holocaust were just so cruel.
I remember reading it two years ago. We had a whole Holocaust unit in english class. All I can remember is how powerful it was. The scenarios were so hard to take in, tears were not hard to come by when I read it.

I've decided to dig into some of the "classics". Les Miseables was very good and so far the Count of Monte Cristo is amazing!

btvaughn said:
nance said:
has anyone read Night by Elie Wiesel? Elie Wiesel is a Holocaust survivor. We had to read it for IRLA, and usually we have really horrible books but this was really good even though the things done in the Holocaust were just so cruel.
I remember reading it two years ago. We had a whole Holocaust unit in english class. All I can remember is how powerful it was. The scenarios were so hard to take in, tears were not hard to come by when I read it.
i read it for a report-very good account btw my dad met him once at a lecture

Nad... you're a very brave person! Les Miserables was one crazy read! It was worse in french though... I couldn't get through even half of it.

I'm currently reading Memoirs of a Geisha, by Arthur Golden. I LOVE it. This is like the 3rd time I've read it.

Nad said:
I've decided to dig into some of the "classics". Les Miseables was very good and so far the Count of Monte Cristo is amazing!
The Count of Monte Cristo is by far my favorite story. Absolutely incredible.....unfortunately the movie butchered the story! :angry: I think I'll go read it again to feel better. I'm in the middle of rereading it, except now I have the unabridged version....It is so huge!

i just finished reading the poisonwood bible for the second time! i had brought many books with me to read on my vacation but i also brought this one just in case i didnt like any of the books i had, but i never even started any of them, i just started out with poisonwood!LOL, i love this book soo much,i love the writing style and how different they all are yet they have the same problems. i love how they approach their feelings differently even though they carry the same guilt and grief.

I just finished The Hours (after being practically depressed when the movie was only released for a week here, and I missed it, my dad went out and bought me the book. :D ) And it was just... so good. I loved it. How the stories all seem to intertwine and then the end it all comes together, and I loved how Michael Cunnigham likes to compare everyday, ordinary things to more extravagant, meaningful things that can determine triumph from failure, like Laura Brown's cake. Very good book, read it if you can!! (y)

i just finished reading Eva Moves the Furniture, and i loved it! it has such a good story that i just hooked onto, its alittle bit of fantasy, alittle mystery and a mothe/daughter relationship and i recommend this book, i loved it alot, up there with Poisonwood which is my fav book!lol

currenty I'm reading The Miracle Worker, and just realizing that I would love to be in a production of this play, it's just so great, I wouldn't care if I was a lampost. :lol:

and I'm searching for The Devil Wears Prada, I've read one like it, If Looks Could Kill, and it was actually quite good! and also I'm waiting to get the third Gossip Girl...

Not to long ago I read Island of the Blue Dolphins. That is really good.

Right now, I'm reading a book called From the Two Rivers which is Part One of The Eye of the World at home and at school I'm reading Tuck Everlasting. The book is SOOOOO much better than the movie (I saw the movie on an airplane. LMAO!).

I liked the book Tuck Everlasting, even though I found it a little short.

I saw John Q on an airplane, and I fell asleep in the middle of it with my headphones on! :lol:

Island of the Blue Dolphins!! I remember that book! I think I still have it somewhere... I loved it.

As for John Q... I saw it, and yeah, it was kind of a sleepy film.

Back