Read any good books lately?

I'm in the processing of reading the Dune series. Right now I'm on Children of Dune. Absolutely love them. I'm a huge sci-fi and these are great.

Vicky :smiley:

vics2881 said:
I'm in the processing of reading the Dune series. Right now I'm on Children of Dune. Absolutely love them. I'm a huge sci-fi and these are great.

aaaaaaaaaah i really need to read these! I've been meaning to for a long time...

Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code - by Eoin Colfer. It's really good, and the ending was marvellous. Also GBH - by John Heffernan.

SiriCerasi said:
vics2881 said:

aaaaaaaaaah i really need to read these! I've been meaning to for a long time...
My dad won't let me read those until I'm 14! Well, I'll be 12 next month so I can understand why. hmph....................he's still evil. My dad has all the Dune books. Even the one that the author's son wrote, the one that takes place 1000 ( I think it was 1000 but it was something like that) years earlier than the first book so you could understand all the stuff.

The movies are SOOOOOO good! Mua'dib's eyes were completely black after he was blinded. It looked freaky. My dad and I are totally Sci Fi lovers.

Right now I'm almost done reading a book called Jayhawker. It is REALLY good and it takes place during the Civil War.

i am reading The Little Friend by Donna Tartt right now and i love it! its amazing, my one teacher started to read it but couldnt get into but i love it! the writing style is very similiar to The Posionwood Bible(which i loved and is my fav book, i read it twice in two weeks!!LOL!)

If anyone likes spy novels, Robert Ludlum wrote some great books. My favorite is The Icarus Agenda.

The Day of the Bees is a really good book too, but I can't remember who wrote it. It is a collection of letters written between two lovers in 1940s France. It explores the reason a talente dartist left a woman he love. If explicit sex scenes bother you though, I wouldn't read it.

Oh, and Existentialist, I think Kurt Vonnegut (I can't spell it) wrote Slaughterhouse-Five.

I'm in the middle of reading the Princess Diaries series. They look like little kid books, but they're suprisingly fresh and funny! My sister got them from the library, and now I'm stealing them from her cause I cant stop reading 'em! :lol:

Actually, Jen, that sounds kind of interesting! What was it about exactly?

I just read A Garden to Keep by Jamie Langston Turner...and I loved it!

Yes, yes I did, I read R.A. Salvatore's the Chrystal Shard. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in five days. Terry Brooks's Sword of Shannara in a week and a half. (By the way, that's a 726 page book.) The Partner, and The Firm, by John Grisham.
kylo4

Back