Recent DVD/Blu-Ray purchases

Jethro

Captain
Okay I'm a horror guy, horror fans collect discs like they are about to go out of fashion. Had to select a prefix so disc collection is pretty dramatic, my collection is considered small in horror circles.

These were Birthday treats

True Detective - Season 1 (DVD) - best ever TV show!

The Following - Season 1 (DVD) - actually an intriguing premise

American Horror Story Coven (DVD) - Jessica Lange enough said

Charlie's Farm (Blu-Ray) - Aussie backwoods massacre movie, Charlie is one huge dude!

Just received in mail

I Survived a Zombie Apocalypse - NZ zombie movie about a dude running on his first movie shot, for a zombie movie naturally, when the actual apocalypse goes down. Being compared to early Peter Jackson, too easy, and naturally Shaun of the Dead. Time to get my zomcom on

The first season of True Detective was outstanding! It's slow moving at times but was a great drama. I haven't seen any of the second season yet (no HBO this year) so I'm not sure how it compares yet.

Orca - yes the old Jaws rip-0ff. Been wanting to get a copy of this for years :smiley:

Summoning the Butcher - Aussie found footage flick that naturally involves a group of folk calling up something they shouldn't have, perhaps 666-evil on speed dial ;)

Kev, seeing some bad reviews for season 2 of TD, assume it's that tall poppy thing again. My wife is pissed they didn't continue from season one.

The Centerfold Girls, (Bluray) sent in for review

Bonnie's Kids, (Bluray) sent in for review

Seems one of our distributors is re-releasing all the exploitation movies from the 1970s.

Kev, seeing some bad reviews for season 2 of TD, assume it's that tall poppy thing again. My wife is pissed they didn't continue from season one.
From S1 both Farrell and McConaughey were only signed on to one season. Since S1 was based directly on the creator's book I'm not sure if HBO was really expecting a S2 or not and, now that there is one, are using "True Detective" as a seasonal anthology series instead of a continuing story to get around the fact that the story from the creator was already told in S1. If S2 does good in the rating expect a S3 with yet another different cast.

Orca - yes the old Jaws rip-0ff. Been wanting to get a copy of this for years :smiley:

Summoning the Butcher - Aussie found footage flick that naturally involves a group of folk calling up something they shouldn't have, perhaps 666-evil on speed dial ;)

I picked up a copy of Orca last year, saw it a long time ago. I heard about it when I read a review about Blackfish and someone said Orca wasn't too far from the truth.

The first season of True Detective was outstanding! It's slow moving at times but was a great drama. I haven't seen any of the second season yet (no HBO this year) so I'm not sure how it compares yet.
I saw a couple of episodes of Season 2, eh. I really liked Season 1 for me it was Woody & Matthew, they just really.. wow. I liked the story a lot too.

I just picked up Home, Maggie, Ugly Benny, Taken 3 and the second season of Wiseguy with the Mel Profit Story arc. My favorite, saw all of that show but that was the part of that series.

Zombeavers - B grade creature feature.

Peaky Blinders Season 1 - Excellent stuff.

Ripper Street Season 1 - More Brit crime drama

Back