Red Asphalt

Title: Red Asphalt
Author: Duck
Timeline: Anywhere. Seriously.
Disclaimer: I own Alias, MV, Disneyworld, and Mexico. I'm also clinically insane.
Summary: She watches the red drain away.
A/N: I'm really iffy about this... just something I thought of when I had to watch that horrible movie in drivers ed, called "Red Asphalt III".

Red is being washed away, staining the water that it travels with to the sewers. The asphalt has been stained a sick maroon and an almost black color is slowly dripping down to meet the concrete.

The sirens are far away, so far away, and I wonder how much longer I can stay concious in this jumble of metal. Not long.

I always thought I'd die nobly on a mission, shot down or tortured for weeks on end. Not like this. Never like this. My only blessing is that I'm alone with no one strapped in the backseat, no one dying with me.

I see the red seeping though my clothing, I become aware of the fire that is burning my skin and even on the inside as well. I can survive weeks of torture, but a seconds mistake on a slippery road will now consume the light that is my life.

My life isn't flashing before my eyes, but the life that I will never lead is. Twin girls in frilly dresses play on a yard surrounded by a picket fence and accompanied by a handsome man, all three laughing playfully. A single detail stands out vivid to me; the color of the deep red tulips growing along the fence.

Tulips are my favorite flower, they surrounded me at the simple ceremony that occured only five years ago. Oh god.

Red is dripping past my eyelids and I can feel it's source throb painfully on the back of my skull. My body defied gravity minutes ago, and it has stayed that way letting the remaining blood in my body rush to my head. I am reminded of the time my hair matched the color around me, when I found the lies and the truths. I didn't feel so different then as I do now, torn apart and full of fire.

The sirens are closer now, and dimly I hear the sound of a voice shouting questions at me. My ears are still ringing from the sound of impact and the drumming of the rain makes hollow thuds against my eardrums. The rain is still pelting the twisted metal crushing my body. Red is the only color my eyes are processing so the blood is so bright, so vivid.

A chill runs down my spine and I become afraid, terrified of what will inevitably happen soon. Light appears in the corner of my vision, and I see the outline of something.
I whisper to myself, "My guardian angel", hoping he will take away the pain and praying that he will leave and let me live. I continue whispering to him as the light grows brighter until it engulfs me and I am gone.

TBC...

Wow! Very good! Why can't the other people reading "these" fan fictions see this?! I mean that was up there! (Good I mean), Is she going to die? Definantly write more soon! (By the way, maybe you could give me a few pointers on my fan fic Dead Drop, Another Twist). (y) :D :woot:

That was some very good writing!! Makes me hurt just thinking about it....very good descriptions!! Wow!!
~On a side note~ I remember having to watch a film called "Crispy Critters" in drivers ed!! :confused: :thinking: I am sad to say it gave me nightmares!! :angry: LOL. NEways, really great job. Post more soon please!! :D :D :P
-Karie-

You are going to post more of this story, right?????
I hope so!!
You are a very good writer & this is a very good story!!
So please, more soon!!!
:poke:
:P :D
-Karie-