Action Red Tails (2012)

Starbeast from Planet X

Benevolent Galaxy Being
Title: Red Tails

Tagline: High-Octane Action and Daring Dogfights!

Genre: Drama, Action, Adventure, History, War

Director: Anthony Hemingway

Cast: Bryan Cranston, David Oyelowo, Cuba Gooding Jr., Daniela Ruah, Terrence Howard, Andre Royo, Robert Kazinsky, Lee Tergesen, Matthew Leitch, Michael B. Jordan, Method Man, Gerald McRaney, Matthew Marsh, Barnaby Kay, Chris Riedell, Leslie Odom Jr., Nate Parker, Marcus T. Paulk, Kevin Phillips, Paul Fox, Lars van Riesen, David Gyasi, Josh Dallas, Okezie Morro, Aml Ameen, Nathaniel Martello-White, Anthony Welsh, Rick Otto, Rupert Penry-Jones, Ryan Early, Brian Gross, Ciarán McMenamin, Matthew Alan, Michael Dixon, Paul Hampshire, Leon Ockenden, Dan Hirst, Mark Doerr, Richard Conti, Philip Bulcock, Dave Power, Sam Daly, Justin Irving, Tina D'Marco, Jaime King, Sam Kennard, Tristan Mack Wilds, Ne-Yo

Release: 2012-01-19

Runtime: 125

Plot: The story of the Tuskegee Airmen, the first African-American pilots to fly in a combat squadron during World War II.
Red Tails (2012)

I've been debating going to see it. It's a Lucas movie that should have a lot of airplane battles. Lots of potential there. But then, it's a Lucas movie, and recent ones (Indy 4) have been iffy.

I'll watch it likely on Netflix... haven't been to an actual theater in a few years.

Watching the trailer clip it's interesting to see the dog fight between the 'red tails' P-51 Mustang and the Messerschmitt Me 262 jets. Timeline wise that places it near the end of the war. OK, it is interesting to me at least because it makes me wonder how faithful the movie is in its details regarding actual events of WWII. Far too often period movies like to deviate from facts in the name of drama or just end up using the war as a background to an awful story (*cough* Pearl Harbor with Ben Affleck *cough*).

I have a friend who is a Historian and an Aircraft Expert (plus military vehicles & weapons), I usually rely on him for historic accurancy, I'm sure he'll point out any mistakes if there are any.

I stunned my friend when I told him that I had met one of the original Tuskegee pilots (that was over a decade ago).

Maarkean, I really enjoyed Indiana Jones fouth film, and not just because I'm a Ufologist.

Kevin, you know Hollywood loves to romanticize movies, and they turned a tragic event (Pearl Harbor) into a fun love story. I felt like I was watching Titanic 2.

Yeah so I was dissappointed in Red Tails. The effects were decent. But the plot was heavy handed and the direction was lacking. The whole thing just fell flat for me. The history was just wrong pretty much throughout the movie.

Yeah so I was dissappointed in Red Tails. The effects were decent. But the plot was heavy handed and the direction was lacking. The whole thing just fell flat for me. The history was just wrong pretty much throughout the movie.

I was very disappointed at all of the bad reviews I kept hearing about this film. I really thought George Lucas was going to make another hit film, but sadly it blew chunks.

This was pretty much how I ended up feeling. It tried to hard to be serious and just ended up being cheesy. The bad kind of cheesy.