Release Date Poll

When will Hero's Journey go Live?

• Total voters
I wouldn't really say WoW's slotting system is like Wyr slotting except in the "this block fits here" sort of way.. Besides, if you look at it that way, HJ stole that idea too. Dressing how you want was around before HJ as well, and so was face morphing.

It's not about the idea itself being original, it how well it's implemented.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm glad that's a GM's thought process, honestly. It drives me nuts when game devs have the attitude that you *have* to do something new, even if it sucks hardcore. I'd rather you guys did a revamp of a tried and true method that actually works, than trying something *completely* original that nobody else did before...for a *reason*.

Point of note, just for clarity, it's not so much the GMs feeling that way that matters, although I admit, it's nice that most of them do seem to. The real meat of it is that the folks above them see things in a similar way. Simply put, GMs by and large don't make any calls, but they do try their best to influence and suggest the fine folks who do.

*grins*

~Dune~

As was earlier mentioned, Christmas releases are always great with the company hoping to have Young'uns such as myself begging there parents for the game and Capitalizing it on their Christmas lists, etc...

Seriously though I agree with the thought that a great polished up game is better than a game that is released on Christmas but flops or diminishes because of unpolished/unfinished content. I especially hope they don't try take shortcuts in an attempt to get a Christmas release and leave Ranged Combat Short handed...

By the way...Q4 2009. I am afraid though that Q4 2009 will be some rocky road and rough seas for a release seeing as how Guildwars 2, sequel to the prodigy of MMOs (in my eyes) shall be entering Beta and possibly releasing in fall of 2010 people may not feel like becoming committed. That is my take on it atleast. Good luck HJ and hope for godspeed and full success!

Thanks in advance
~Ashvirenza Stormhood

Sorry to say, but I have little confidence in HJ being produced. More likely the engine will be used in other games.

For now, I am looking at Darkfall...

Sorry to say, but I have little confidence in HJ being produced. More likely the engine will be used in other games.

For now, I am looking at Darkfall...

That is a worry of mine. I keep checking and have the sites bookmarked and I hope it makes it. After all this time though I kind of wondered if the game was just going to end up a show piece to promote the game engine. :(2

I hope not though. All the so called new games are just doing the same thing that the producers are telling them is what you have to do for the so called target audience. They are all doing the same things with different skins basically.

I still have confidence that HJ will come out... eventually. Whether or not I'll still be interested in playing it when it does is a different question. As years go by I have less and less time for things like MMOs.

For now though, it does look like Darkfall will be getting my money.

Back