Religion

I know this is kind've a crazy question, but does anyone know what religion the Gilmores (specifically, Rauri and Laureli) are? I know their lil' town is mostly Christian (Protestant denominations, I think) and Jewish. Does anyone know what they are? I thought Christian but after this week, (the Jesus and Mel Gibson comment :P) I'm thinking they're either Jewish or just having fun??? I'm not sure. Sorry about my crazy q, but does anyone know?

I'm thinking they're pretty much secular, but fully integrated into the "community" which includes all the religions of the town. I've wondered that before too, because sometimes they mention religion (like tonight), but never really seriously. And I remember that they have a some kind of tacky rabbi ornament in the living room (that Emily wanted to hide when her mother-in-law came to visit.) :lol:

Richard and Emily seem very "WASP-y", so if they were religious they'd probably be either Methodists, Presbyterians, or Episcopalians.

i think there christian coz of the funeral episode in the church <season 2>but not jewish coz luke made lorilie the jewish wedding thing we she was gona marry max so although it doesnt asnwer ur question i hope it hepls!!!!!

In episode in season 5 episode 20 Emyly makes a comment about the Pope and lorelai replys "You’re Protestant, Mom." And when Emily and Richard found out that Rory was having sex with Logan the Priest was Reverend that refers to the protestant church. And Sookie and Jackson babtise their kids and Lorelai and Sookie uses the word "Christening" so most likely some sort of Christians, most likely protestants.

I am wondering that too now. I always thought they were Jewish. That is a very interesting question I think. You have me thinking about it now.

I want to describe one point that we should not debate on the topic of religion because
we can hurt some one by our statements.. we should avoid such topics..