Remakes

Nad

Cadet
There are a lot of remakes out there. Do you like them or hate them? What are some of your favorite movies that have been remade, or were orignals that turned out better, or even remakes that went bad?

Some remakes are good, some are bad. Personally, since I just watched it - Ocean's Eleven comes to mind.

George Cloony, Scott Cann, Matt Damon, Andy Garcia AND Brad Pitt - in one movie! That is a good remake right there. :blush: (y)

Some remakes I liked were The Stepford Wives, Ocean's Eleven, looking foward to the Manchurian Candidate remake...
I hated the remake to Sabrina (original with Audrey Hepburn, remake had Harrison Ford) I'm a big Harrison Ford fan so I thought I would like it but I didn't. The Original is one of my favs.
I like the remake of Father of the Bride. The original isn't really funny, but the newer Steve Martin one is hilarious....
Can't think of any more at the moment!!

Padme912 said:
I hated the remake to Sabrina (original with Audrey Hepburn, remake had Harrison Ford) I'm a big Harrison Ford fan so I thought I would like it but I didn't.
ITA - Harrison Ford was just creepy in that movie! If I were Julia Ormand/Sabrina - I would have ran off with the other one!

Nad said:
What was Cheaper by the Dozen a remake of?  Is it good?
Cheaper By the Dozen. I never saw the first one so I can't compare. But I did like the remake. :D The little kids were too cute.

Oh, one remake that I didn't like: Love Don't Cost a Thing. Which is a remake of Can't Buy Me Love. Christina Milian needs to stick to singing. And Nick Cannon can't really act either. Pretty much no one in that movie could act. The tall blond girl formerly a member of Dream played one of the best friends. She should have stuck to singing. :mellow:

Isn't it funny how when it comes to good remakes...Ocean's 11 and the Italian Job are always coming up? :rolleyes: They are extremely cool shows. :cool:

Back