Remember When

Hate is a very strong word. I have faith that you will work things out in the end.. if you don't, then I will hate you for this fic.

Great update. Can't wait for more

Thanks for the PM

So glad to see a sequel
confused me at first with the time gap
I remembered them being together and then they weren't but I get it now
Please put me on your pm list

thanks and looking forward to more

awwwwwwwwwwwwww syd has a kid and it's vaughn's baby right....

ergh Alice...i dont know which one i hate more...Alice or Lauren? erghh :puke:

but she'll be gone soon right??????? as soon as Vaughn finds out that Syd has his child???

Awwww, that spoiler is so sad!!!!!!!
Glad they seem to be getting along ok.
Can't wait for the next update!
Thanks for the PM!

~lil~

I think going to the concert the other night in the rain made me sick. I have a slight fever, sore throat, cough, and stuffy nose. :( :ill:

But I'm still in a decent enough mood to post... again.

Chapter 3

“Mommy!”

Michael looked at her questioningly, “Syd?”

“Pwetty mommy!”

Sydney turned and smiled. She took the little girl from her grandfather’s arms, into her own. “Michael,” Sydney turned back to Michael and smiled, “this is Lara Danielle. She’s my daughter.”

“Daughter?” his eyes widened, then his face scrunched up in confusion, “I thought you said you weren’t married.”

Sydney looked at him and laughed, “Just because I’m not married doesn’t mean I don’t have a child.”

“I’m sorry, I don’t mean that…”

“Don’t worry about it,” she smiled, “I was engaged,” she said sadly, “He died, in a car accident when I was four months pregnant.”

His eyes snapped shut and then he took a deep breath, “God, Syd. I’m so sorry. I had no idea.”

“Well, that’s what happens when you don’t talk for over six years,” she said quickly. He winced at her words, “Oh felgercarb. I’m sorry, I really didn’t mean it like that… it’s just that it’s kind of true. We haven’t talked for so long, but I guess we’ve had our reasons, right?”

“I guess,” they stood in an uncomfortable silence for a few minutes. “So, your fiancé, what was his name?” he asked.

“Um, it was Danny.”

“Danny? Like, Danny Hecht? The guy we went to high school with?” Sydney nodded with a smile, “How did that happen?”

Sydney laughed, “He spilled coffee on me one night. I was visiting one of my friends in the maternity ward after she had her baby and we just bumped into each other –quite literally. We just… kind of reconnected and then one thing led to another.”

“How did I not find out about him being dead?” he wondered out loud, “I mean, we were such great friends in school.”

“It was me. I was being stupid and selfish, and I’m sorry. I just… I couldn’t handle seeing you again, for the first time in four years at my fiancé’s funeral… while I was four months pregnant with his baby.”

He placed his hand on her arm comfortingly, “Actually, when you put it that way, I completely understand. I can’t imagine what that would have been like for you.”

“How about we talk about something different? How is your mother, and your grandparents?” she asked.

“Well, my grandmother died almost three years ago, but we were all ok with that; it was kind of expected. And my mother’s still off living her perfect life in France,” he said with a smile. “I see your father is doing well.”

“Yeah, he’s the same person he was back in the day. He’ll kick anyone’s ass if they hurt me or Lara.”

“That’s good to know,” Michael said with a smile. They lapsed into silence again, but this time it was comfortable. There was no discomfort between them at all.

“He was really excited, and happy about Lara,” Sydney said softly. “His eyes would just light up every time he touched my stomach. He just…” she sighed, “I miss him.”

Lara, who was still in her mother’s arms, drifted off to sleep and began to snore, “I should get her home, she’s had a long day.”

“Yeah, you should do that,” Michael said with a smile, “She’s beautiful, Sydney. She’s perfect. And she really looks like Danny.”

Sydney smiled, “Yeah, I know.”

Michael smiled and tucked his hands into his pockets, “You kind of have your hands full with her, why don’t I help you out to your car?” he offered.

Sydney nodded, “That would be really nice. It’s hard to carry an 20-month-old sleeping girl and her bag, and your bag all by yourself.”

“I get that,” he said.

Sydney then kissed him on the cheek, “Thank you, Michael.”

Michael took Sydney’s bags and they walked out to her car, Alice in the background looking upon their interactions with fury. “We should get together some time. I’d really like for you to get to know Lara. And… well it’s hard right now, without Danny. I could just… use some old friends again.”

He stroked her arm gently, “Of course, Syd. I’ll just,” Sydney’s purse fell from his grip and most of the contents spilled across the pavement, “Sorry,” he immediately apologized.

“No worries,” Sydney said with a smile as she opened the car door, Michael bent down and picked up everything that was dropped, “So, I guess we’ll see you soon…” she stopped talking when she saw Michael holding a bottle of prescription pills.

I'm just full of surprises.

Next update: Friday

What are the pills for??? Are they what Dixon used after Diane died??? Hmm. You must update again. And soon!!!!!!!!!!

Great update. Can't wait for more.

~Karen

omg you are full of surprises.. i wonder if the pills are for depression :thinking:

I think going to the concert the other night in the rain made me sick. I have a slight fever, sore throat, cough, and stuffy nose.

i hope you feel better soon :smiley:

It's good to see that they are still comfortable around each other. My guess for the pills would be anti-depressants. And Alice...haha that girl never had a chance as soon as he saw Syd.
Great update
Thanks for the PM

And hope you feel better soon.

Back