Remember When

Glad that Michael is going to be there for her during this. Now he just needs to get rid of Alice.
Great update
Thanks for the PM

awww. that sucks. she's dying... at least vaughn is there for her... syd can't die... that would be cruel... cruel... cruel...lol. love it! can't wait for more!!

That was great ... love Lara soo cute ... poor Syd soo scared ... glad Michael is going to be there for her first cemo ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so cute
poor syd
vaughns all sweet n is going to taking care of her
thanks for the pm
can't wait for more

luv Chicketepee ^_^

I'm updating as a bribe for another update from sydandvaughnforever's Finding Out True Love Is Blind at SD-1.

I WILL NOT BE SENDING OUT PMs ANYMORE!!! They're pissing me off. I don't have the time to deal with the system anymore. I will have a link in the first chapter to all of the updates. One that will be named "latest update". So check back.

You've all waited patiently for the reason for the break up, and it's here now. :D

PLEASE READ AND REVIEW!!! :smiley:

Chapter 6

“Do you mind if I ask you something somewhat personal?” he asked.

“More personal than seeing me throw up because of my medication, and me breaking down in front of you?” she asked.

He laughed and shook his head, “Not really, but feel free not to answer.”

“What do you want to know?” she asked.

“How are you going to afford the treatment?” he asked, “I mean, as a part time English teacher and taking care of a toddler, you can’t be making nearly enough to afford the proper medication.”

“I guess that’s the only thing that’s come from Danny’s death that was good. I bet you didn’t know that he was very wealthy. I didn’t know until after a long time of dating. But in his will, he left us everything. I wouldn’t have to work if I didn’t feel like it.”

“Really? I had no idea.”

“I don’t think many people did. His parents were very rich, and when they died they left him everything.”

“So, I guess that’s a positive thing.”

Sydney nodded and sighed, “I miss him. I wish he was here right now; to joke around, make me laugh, just make me forget about everything that’s wrong in the world.”

“I’m sure he’d want you to be happy right now. He’d want you to take care of yourself, and Lara.”

“I know,” she sighed, “But it’s just so hard. There are some days where I have to force myself to get up out of bed and function. Sometimes I just want to lay there forever and die.”

“You can’t do that, Syd. He’d want you to move on. He’d want you to be strong and fight, he’d want you to live.”

“I’m sorry,” she cried, “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t be dumping this on you.”

“Syd, I know I haven’t been there for you in the past, but I’m here for you now. I’m not going to leave you to deal with this on your own.”

**Flashback**

Michael entered his dorm room to hear someone crying in the bathroom, “Hello?” he called out.

The crying just got louder, and that’s when he recognized them. Sydney was sobbing in his bathroom. “Syd? What’s wrong baby?” he asked soothingly.

“I swear it wasn’t supposed to happen. I took the pills and everything,” she cried. “I’m so sorry, Vaughn.”

“What happened, what pills?” he asked.

“My birth control,” she whimpered. Vaughn’s heart stopped. Could Sydney be pregnant? He wondered. If she was, then it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. He loved her more than anything, and he’d stand beside her through everything. He wanted a child with her, he could see them together forever. Although, the timing wouldn’t be perfect.

“… And I’m late,” she whimpered. “Vaughn, what are we going to do? My father will kill us if he finds out.”

“Syd, we’ll be okay. Tomorrow, or right now even, I can go get a pregnancy test for you. How about it?” he offered.

Sydney nodded, “Could we do it now?” she asked.

“Sure, baby. I’ll be back in ten minutes. Just wait here.”

He ran out to the store and came back quickly. He dropped 5 boxes in front of her, “I didn’t know what one to get,” he said sheepishly.

“So you bought the store’s entire stock?” she laughed through her tears.

“One of each,” he sighed. “Do you want some privacy?” he asked.

“Just for the peeing on a stick part. When we wait, you can come back in,” she sighed.

“Call me in when you’re finished,” he said before he stood up. “Syd, it’s going to be okay if you are… pregnant. We’ll work things out. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

After a few minutes, Sydney and Vaughn sat on the edge of the bathtub with the pregnancy test in their hands.

“It’s positive,” Sydney whispered when they looked at the results.

“We’re going to be parents,” Michael whispered in disbelief.

“Oh my god.”

~Three months later~

Michael and Sydney had worked out a plan for their lives and the baby. Sydney was going to take a year off school after she had the baby. She wasn’t going to go to school for her third year because she’d only be there for a month before the baby was born.

After they found out about her being pregnant, they went to the doctor’s office and found out she had been one month along. Now she was four months pregnant, and they were both excited and nervous about the baby.

Michael and Sydney moved in together so he could be around all the time, for whatever reasons involving Sydney’s nervous breakdowns from her hormones.

Today was no different from other day, he thought. He entered their dorm room and he called out, “Syd? You back yet?” to which he got no answer.

He went into the bathroom to wash his face with some cool water to cool himself down from the summer heat. He opened the door and screamed when he saw Sydney inside on the floor with blood pooling on the floor beneath her. “Syd!” he screamed, “Baby, wake up!”

He shook her, trying to get her to move to no avail. He ran out of the room and into the hall to get someone else to help, he couldn’t think straight. “Help! Please, someone help me, Syd… she’s not… oh god…”

“What’s wrong?” someone asked when he saw Vaughn in his panicked state.

“Syd…” he said, his eyes wide in fear, “Blood… bathroom…” he gasped and ran back into the room.

The person followed him in and gasped when he saw her lying there, lifeless. He reached down and checked for a pulse, “She’s got a pulse. I’m going to call 9-1-1. You stay here; make sure she’s breathing properly.”

“Baby, please wake up,” Vaughn cried when he left the room.

“They’ll be here in a few minutes,” the guy said. “Do you know what happened?” he asked.

Vaughn shook his head and cried, “I just got home. Oh god… the baby.”

“The baby? You have a baby?” the guy asked.

“Pregnant,” he said.

“felgercarb,” the guy cursed.

~Two days later~

“Syd,” Vaughn whispered, “We lost the baby.”

~Two months later~

“This isn’t working, Vaughn. I can’t be with you anymore… not now. I need some time away right now.”

“I know. I still love you, you know that, right?”

“I know. And I still love you, too. I always will.”

**End Flashback**

“I wasn’t there for you when you lost our baby, and I wasn’t there for you when you lost Danny because of it. I’m sorry, Syd.”

“You lost something too, that day Vaughn, it wasn’t your fault.”

Sydney stood and looked back at him, “We have a guest room if you’d like to stay the night.”

please don't kill me.

So, Sydney left Michael because she lost the baby. Perhaps, she felt she was to blame for the miscarriage. And he felt he was to blame because he wasn't there for her when she needed him.

Also, Sydney was fortunate that Danny was wealthy. She at least doesn't need to worry about paying for her treatments.

Chris

Aww poor Syd!!!!
-So that's why they broke up...that's soo sad!!!!!
And at least Syd can pay for her treatments!!!!
-Great update!! Loved it!!!

PLEASE READ:
After this update, I am NOT SENDING PMs OUT ANYMORE! I'm going to my cottage for two weeks and we have dial up so it's slow and frustrating.
There will be a link in the first post to the latest chapter. :D

And from now on I will be updating once a week. Every Tuesday. I'm busy with university prep and I'll be out of town, and I don't have a day within the next while that I won't have some family members visiting from out of town.

Chapter 7

He didn’t spend the night there. He had to go into work for an emergency of some kind. But he came back early in the morning before her first chemotherapy appointment on Wednesday morning. “Hey, Syd?” he called out when she was getting Lara dressed to go to the babysitters place, “What hospital are you going to?”

“Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, why?”

“That’s where I work. I know the head of oncology there, Dr. Markham, right?”

“Yeah. His son is actually my doctor. He’s supposed to be one of the best out there.”

“He’s really good.”

“I forgot to ask you, but what part are you involved in?” she asked.

“Paediatrics,” he said. “I decided on it a few months after we broke up.”

“Oh,” Sydney sighed.

“Mommy cwofs!” Lara squealed happily pointing at her dress.

Vaughn laughed, “So, was that a clothes, or coughs?” he asked curiously.

“Clothes,” Sydney said with a smile, “I can’t get over the way she talks. It’s so adorable.”

“You’ve done a great job with her Syd. She’s beautiful and intelligent, just like her mother.”

“Vaughn, I’m not beautiful. I’m plain and too thin now. I have love handles, I’ve got stretch marks, and I’m pale, and I’m stick thin.” She quickly listed the things she found wrong with her body.

“Syd, you’re on meds that cause you to be thin like that. And you’ve always been pale. And the love handles and stretch marks are there because you brought a new life into this world. I’m sure they’re not ugly, but beautiful.”

Sydney and Vaughn began to laugh, which caused Lara to look around at the two adults. She started giggling to join in with the grownups. This caused Vaughn and Sydney to laugh a little harder.

“We should get going,” she sighed, “Don’t want to be late today.”

Sydney signed into the hospital with Vaughn at her side, “I’ll be here when you get out,” he said to her when she went into the hospital room to change and have the drugs administered.

Sydney awoke in a hospital bed with Vaughn at her side. She sat up and suddenly gasped. She lurched to the side of the bed and threw up into a basin by the side of the bed.

Vaughn woke up as he heard her throw up into the basin. He stood up and walked to her side and held back her hair and called the nurse in. She told Sydney that it was completely normal to be doing that after the treatments.

“Let’s talk,” Sydney suggested when she laid down again.

“Alright. Have you been in touch with anyone else from high school?” he asked.

“Francie and Will,” she said.

“Francie and Danny were dating last time I saw them, so what happened?” he wondered.

“They broke up a few months before we did. Now Francie and Will are engaged.”

“Whoa!” he gasped, “When did that happen?”

“Last week. Francie called me the morning after; she was insane.”

“So it wasn’t like… a year ago and no one bothered to tell me about it?” he laughed. “It seems that I’ve been out of the loop.”

“Well, you should get back in,” Sydney sighed, “What about you and Alice, how long have you two been together?” she asked.

“Only three months. We’re not too serious; it’s more of a comfort thing.”

A comfort thing? Sydney wondered, “What does that mean?”

“I’m not in love with her. I don’t really see myself loving her. We’re just together so we don’t have to be alone. Or at least that’s how I feel about it. We’re comfortable with each other.”

“So, why not find someone who you can love?” she asked.

“I always have this sinking feeling that it’s going to be taken away. It always has been taken from me.”

“Do you ever think about what it might have been like, to not lose the baby?” she asked.

“Every day.”

“Do you think we’d still be together today?”

“Yeah, I do,” he sighed heavily. They sat together in silence, “We can’t dwell on it Syd. There wasn’t anything that we could have done differently.”

“We never actually talked about it though.”

“Because we couldn’t.”

“I know, but we should have. Maybe we would have worked out.”

“Syd, losing a baby, that’s one of the things that’s impossible to work out.”

“But maybe I have to!” she screamed.

“Syd,” Vaughn sighed.

“I can’t get over it Vaughn,” she cried, “Something I did killed our baby. Now I’m being punished for it.”

“Oh, Syd. It wasn’t your fault. You didn’t do anything wrong, the doctors told you that.”

“That’s what they say, though. I know I did something wrong. It was my body. It was inside of me, and it died. I killed our baby!”

“Syd, you have to forgive yourself. You can’t dwell on it. When we lost the baby, we lost a part of ourselves along with it. You having cancer has nothing to do with the baby. Neither does losing Danny. You’re not being punished. It would have happened later in the pregnancy if it hadn’t then; and they told you that it could have killed you if it did. Where would I be now if I had lost you too, that day? It would have killed me. And don’t you ever think that it was your fault we lost the baby.”

“You’ve been thinking about this a lot, haven’t you.”

“For six and a half years.”

Sydney sighed and grasped his hand, “When can I go home?” she asked.

“I’ll find out,” he said as he stood up. He walked into the hallway and came back a few minutes later, “We can check you out tomorrow afternoon.”

She nodded, “Thanks,” she said sincerely.

“It was nothing.”

“Just… thank you.”

aww
poor syd! this must be awful for her, i hope that vaughn is able to be her strength and get her through this!?
thanks for the PM
cant wait for more :D

oh that was so sad great update but sad....
I hope vaughn and sydney will work things out !!
good vacation in your cottage !!!!!

Back