Remember When

I can just imagine the torture Sydney has put herself through for more than six years. She blames herself for the miscarriage and believes God blames her too- so He's continually punishing her. Michael has his work cut out to get Sydney to think differently.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

That was great ... poor Syd having to go through cemo ... aww they lost a baby ... thats soo sad ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

Aww poor Syd!!! She's been through soo much!!!
-I'm happy that Will and Francie are engaged though!!!!
Can't wait to see how things work out!!
-Great update!! Thanks for the pm!!

awwww. cute updates. syd has chronic leukemia? wow. and she lost the baby? baby vaughn? syd's had a rough life. can't wait for the next update thanks for those pm's.

-erin :smiley:

Ok, so now we're up to:
1 lost baby
1 dead husband
1 child with said dead husband
AND leukemia?? What are you, a sadist?!
some good things better start happening in Syd's life...
I'll give you a hint...it starts with an M and ends in...ichael...;)

Hey guys, I'm sort of having computer problems... as in my computer won't turn on... it's dead... not just resting.

Ah, poor Alonso. He lived a good, but short life. :(

So, I backed up the files with the next update, but it's at home, so if I can't figure out something here, then the next update will be in... 2 weeks? I hope. :( Sorry.

:love:
~Anja

So, in case you didn't hear, my computer is dead. Not just resting. It is deceased. But I got on to it long enough to back up.

Chapter 8

The next morning Sydney woke up and Vaughn wasn’t by her side, but there was a note on the table next to the bed.

Syd,
Good morning. I had to go to work, but I’ll be in around 10 am barring any emergencies. I hope you feel better.

I’m bringing you a surprise later, too. Just wait.

~Michael

She smiled when she read the note, then looked at the clock. ‘9:59’ it read.

“Speak of the devil,” she muttered as Michael walked in through the door.

“Hey,” he said with a smile, “How are you?”

“Tired, and kind of nauseous and weak, but alright. How’s work going?”

“Well, I traded off a shift with someone, so I have an hour off.”

“So, what’s my surprise?” she asked.

“That’s what I’m going to pick up right now.”

“Well, thanks for dropping in right now.”

“Yeah,” he bent over and kissed her forehead, “Feel better, and I’ll see you soon.”

“Sure,” she sighed and closed her eyes.

She sat there for the next 45 minutes wondering what his surprise could be. During that time, a nurse came into the room and asked her questions of how she was feeling before taking note of her vitals.

She heard a knock on her door, “Come in,” she said.

“I’ve got your surprise for you,” she heard Michael’s voice from outside the door.

He opened the door and in walked Francie and Will with a large bouquet of flowers. Following them was Michael, holding a smiling Lara on his hip. “Mommy!” she squealed.

Sydney smiled, “Hey guys,” she said happily.

Michael walked to Sydney’s side and sat Lara down on the bed next to her, “Miss you,” Lara whispered as she hugged her mother gently.

“I missed you too,” Sydney kissed her softly. She turned her head to see Francie and Will smiling at her, “Hey guys.”

“Hey, Syd. How are you doing?” Francie asked as they all watched Lara cuddle up to her mother’s side.

“Better now that you guys are here. I’ve missed this; us all being together. It’s nice.”

“It really is,” Will smiled.

“How’s the treatment going?” Vaughn asked.

“Not bad. There’s no pain, but I’m not sure if there would be anyways.”

“Has the doctor been in yet?”

She shook her head, “No, but a nurse came in to check everything a little while ago.”

“Great.”

They talked for the next little while about Francie and Will’s wedding plans. They hadn’t set a date yet, but were hoping to do it in a year or so; mainly for Sydney to be healthy enough to attend the ceremony. Wishful thinking on their part, Sydney thought bitterly, but would never voice it.

“Don’t think that way,” Vaughn said suddenly, reading her thoughts.

“Think what way?” Francie and Will wondered.

“Don’t think that you won’t be okay next year. You’re a healthy, strong woman and you’re going to make it, Syd. You have to make it. I won’t let you give up; no one will let you give up.”

Lara crawled over her mother’s stomach and sighed happily with her body sprawled across her abdomen. “So, you haven’t bought a dress yet, right Francie?” Sydney asked.

“Nope, but we’ll go shopping when Nadia gets back and you’re able to get out for a while.”

“Sounds like fun,” Sydney said with a smile.

“Syd, there’s something that we need to know from you,” Michael sighed. Sydney looked over at him, “Well, two things actually. The first is if you’ve told your father about being sick.”

She nodded, “Yeah, he knows. He was the person who took me to the doctor’s to get the test.”

“Good. And the other thing is… well… have you taken some steps to ensure Lara’s safety if, and I mean if, things go wrong?” he asked tentatively.

She nodded again, “Yeah. After Danny died I did. I realized how soon it can end, and I wanted her to be safe and taken care of if anything happened to me.”

They all sighed and looked down at Lara who had fallen asleep across Sydney’s lap. Her head was over the edge of one side of Sydney’s body, while the other half of her was sprawled out all over her.

“She’s too sweet.” Francie sighed.

“I know,” Sydney sighed, “She doesn’t deserve to lose me. I just… I can’t leave her. I’ve never loved someone more than I love her,” she started to cry. “I can’t leave her.”

“Syd,” Will sighed, “I’m sure we’ve told you this before, but you are strong. Seriously, I think you’re the strongest person I know; we all know. You survived Danny’s death when you were all crazy and hormonal from being so pregnant. You’re so brave. And you’ve raised a beautiful daughter. Who could ask for more?”

“I could.” Sydney stated bitterly, “The one thing I want is to live. I want to see her grow up. Maybe get married, have a real family… I want more.”

“And you’ll get that,” Michael said with a blush, “I never wanted more than to be here with you. I always wanted that.”

“Michael,” Sydney sighed, “I’m sure that Alice would love it if you were home tonight for dinner, I don’t want to be a burden to you and your relationship.”

Francie and Will looked at Michael suddenly, “Who’s Alice?” they both asked at the same time.

:hide:

CLIFFHANGER!!! *not really*

Next update: Tuesday!

Back