Remember When

It's Tuesday, so that means it's UPDATE TIME!!! :confetti:

Chapter 9

“Who’s Alice?” they both asked at the same time.

“Um, Alice is my… girlfriend,” he sighed.

“Oh,” Francie said.

“Well,” he continued, “It doesn’t look like it’ll last too long between us.”

“Why not?” Sydney asked curiously.

“She thinks I’m cheating on her, which is totally absurd; I would never cheat on anyone.”

“Why does she think you’re cheating on her?” Francie asked.

“Because she met Sydney at the wedding the other day, and she could sense the history between us,” he said looking directly at Sydney.

“Did you explain that nothing’s going on?”

“Oh yeah, she’s just paranoid. But honestly, I don’t mind it ending now. It wasn’t a think that I could see ending in marriage.”

“She doesn’t sound like she deserves you,” Sydney sighed, “You’re too good for her.”

“I’m glad you still have that confidence in me.”

“If you don’t have it in yourself, someone has to.”

By the end of the week, Sydney had gone through a couple more rounds of chemo, and had been told that she was currently on the donor list for a bone marrow transplant, just in case the rapid and extreme chemotherapy treatments failed. If she didn’t have Michael and Lara by her side whenever they were, she didn’t think she would make it through this time.

Whenever Michael had a free moment in the hospital, he would be by her side, giving her the comfort she needed most.

She’d been here a week so far, and there hadn’t been many bad moments considering the situation.

But today was a good day (at least, they hoped it would be). Her first test results would be coming back in, and today was the day that Nadia and Eric were scheduled to return from their honeymoon.

Right now, Sydney was sitting up in the bed with Lara draped across her stomach as she frequently was, and Michael was in his scrubs and coat, about to begin a new shift. He was gazing affectionately at Lara’s small head on Sydney’s side.

“Alice and I finally broke up last night,” Michael sighed.

“What happened?” Sydney asked.

“I couldn’t stand that she was accusing me of cheating on her. She didn’t trust me, so I knew things wouldn’t work out in the end.”

“I kind of feel that I’m partly responsible for what happened, Michael; I feel it’s my fault that you guys have split up.”

“Don’t think that, Syd. It wasn’t your fault. Alice and I weren’t a permanent thing; I wouldn’t have married her, she and I both knew that.”

“I’m sorry, I-“

Dr. Markham came through the door at that moement, “Miss Brostow, I’d like your to know that your first round of test results have come back in.” He looked over at Michael, “Dr. Vaughn, what are you doing here; out of paediatrics?”

“Sydney’s an old… friend.”

He turned back to Sydney, “Well, I can go over your test results with him here if you’d like,” Dr. Markham offered.

Sydney grasped Michael’s hand and gestured to Lara, who was still sleeping across her stomach. Michael carefully lifted Lara into his arms, making sure she was still sleeping quietly, and walked into the hall.

Ten minutes later the doctor left the room and told Michael that he could go back inside. Michael quickly asked the nurse at the desk if she could watch Lara for a minute before going into Sydney’s room.

When he got inside her room, he saw Sydney with a dazed look upon her face and silent tears running down her cheeks.

“Oh my god,” he sighed sadly, “Syd, what happened? Was it bad?”

She shook her head, “No,” she sighed, “It was good news. The test results have improved. They think I’ll be okay.”

“Syd, that’s fantastic!” Michael bent over and cautiously hugged her.

“Thank you, for everything,” Sydney sighed. “I don’t know what I would have done this week without you.”

“I’m just happy that I could help; that I could do something. I just feel like I should have done more.”

“You did so much more than you think.”

Sydney looked into his eyes and saw that love that she had seen so many years ago, now still just as strong as ever, “I’ve missed you, so much,” she whispered.

“I’ve missed you too, more than anything.”

Sydney started pulling him closer, their heads tilted towards each other, then their lips touched for the first time in 6 and a half years.

It was as if they had never been apart. The tastes, the smells, the feelings, nothing had changed a bit in their time apart.

Michael was the first to pull away, “Syd, we shouldn’t have done that,” he sighed.

“Why not?” Sydney asked huskily, her eyes still closed.

“Because you’re still grieving Danny,” he said. Her eyes snapped open.

“Michael, it’s been 2 years since he died, I think it’s okay if I’m ready to move on.” Sydney said defiantly.

“Yes, it’s an ok time for you to move on from him, but what about what you’re going through right now? Do you really think that this is that right time?” he asked.

“I feel ready Michael, I know that I’m ready, but you obviously aren’t.” She said with much hurt evident in her voice, “Can you just bring Lara in here, please? I’d like to spend some time with her right now,” Sydney said without looking at him.

Michael sighed and hung his head, “Sure,” he said, “I’ll see you after my shift.”

He left and a few minutes later he entered silently and placed a groggy, but waking up, Lara in her arms. They didn’t make eye contact as he did it.

Next update: Tuesday again!

That was great ... yeh he finally broke up with Alice ... noo Michael is so stupid for puting Syd off like that ... he better fix it soon ... yeah Syds geting better ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

aww i am so glad that Syd is going to be ok!!
THEY KISSED!! i cant believe it :D Syd is over reacting though, i mean Michael is just making sure she is ok and ready to start a relationship with him!
thanks for the PM
:smiley: Cant wait for more

OO YA they kissed!!!! :woot:
-But why the heck didn't Vaughn just agree with her!!!!
Oh well I'm sure he'll come around!!! :angelic:
-LOVED IT!! Thanks for the pm!!

It was as if they had never been apart. The tastes, the smells, the feelings, nothing had changed a bit in their time apart.

Michael was the first to pull away, “Syd, we shouldn’t have done that,” he sighed.

“Why not?” Sydney asked huskily, her eyes still closed.

“Because you’re still grieving Danny,” he said. Her eyes snapped open.

“Michael, it’s been 2 years since he died, I think it’s okay if I’m ready to move on.” Sydney said defiantly.

“Yes, it’s an ok time for you to move on from him, but what about what you’re going through right now? Do you really think that this is that right time?” he asked.

“I feel ready Michael, I know that I’m ready, but you obviously aren’t.” She said with much hurt evident in her voice,

stupid stupid stupid michael.

great update though! thanks for the PM and can't wait for more!

Mike's such a dork. He wouldn't know love if it came up and bit him in the behind! :rolleyes:
At least things are over between him and Alice, which is a step in the right direction...

“I feel ready Michael, I know that I’m ready, but you obviously aren’t.”

Boy, that's evident. I fully expected Michael to go running out of the room just at the hint of getting back together. I think Michael is afraid.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

he needs to figure things out with himself. danny's been gone 2 years, and he's the one that's most recently broken up. seriously... great update!
Aliaschick347

Yeah for the kiss!!!!!! I also think that Vaughn is afraid, I think he has fear of the relationship going bad again or for Syd to stay sick and not make it. He just needs to realize that it is worth the risk to be with her.
Great update
Thanks for the PM

Unbelievable.Noooo,their were suppose to kiss then get married then give Lara lots of little baby sisters and brothers.Not kiss then go back to being "just friends". Thanks for the PM. Update soon.
angel :angelfly:

Back