Remembering You

My exam's all done, and I'm bored. So here's the next chapter! Enjoy.

Chapter 8

Sydney blinked sleepily as she woke up. There was a ray of sun shining through the drawn curtains right into he eyes. She pulled on the comforter and rolled over.
“Ow!” yelped Vaughn as her weight all shifted onto his hand. Sydney moved over, smiling at him through half-shut eyes and giggled.
“Sorry, morning Vaughn…” she started to say but was cut off by a yawn.
“Morning Syd” he said, kissing her forehead. She tilted her head up to kiss him on the lips, smiling peacefully.
The loud ringing of a phone jolted them out of their little world. Sydney and Vaughn looked around, trying to find the phone.
“There it is!” Sydney said, pointing. “Hello?” she answered, giggling.
“Belle?” she heard a small voice ask timidly.
“Zara? Is that you?” she asked incredulously. She hated to admit it, but she hadn’t thought of Vanessa in her days in L.A.
“Belle, Mamma wants to talk to you now” Zara said.
“Belle?!?” she heard Vanessa’s worried voice say.
“Hi, Vanessa!” she replied.
“Oh, Belle. Thank god you’re okay! I’ve been worried sick!”
“I’m okay, realy. I had the regression therapy yesterday.”
“And…” asked Vanessa.
“And…” Sydney started. She didn’t want to tell Vanessa the news. “And Michael was telling the truth. I remembered everything…I found my old life.”
Vanessa sniffled. “Oh. That’s…great” she said, trying to sound happy for Sydney. “Now what?”
“Now I think I’m going to stay here…Vanessa?” Sydney asked. Silence. “Vanessa, are you okay?”
“Yes, I’m fine. I have to go.”
Sydney frowned. “Vanessa, we’ll still be friends. I’ll come visit you when I can.”
“Bye…I don’t even know your name!” Vanessa said, unable to control her tears.
“Sydney. It’s Sydney” she said, her eyes welling up.
“Bye” Vanessa said and quickly hung up.

Sydney turned to Vaughn, tears in her eyes. “I can’t leave her!” she cried. “But I can’t go back now!”
Vaughn wrapped his arms around her, rocking her slowly as one would a child.
“You can go back, Syd” he whispered after a while.
Sydney looked up at him, searching his face. “I can’t leave you” she said.
He looked back at her tearstained face and questioning eyes and smiled. “We could go together.”
Sydney’s eyes widened. She looked into his green eyes, which reassured her. “What are you saying, Vaughn?”
Vaughn laughed at the serious look on her face. “I’m just saying…you have a house there, you have friends there. You have a job and I’m sure I could do something within the CIA there…I’m not saying we should get married right now or anything, but I think we should go.”
Sydney’s jaw had dropped while she listened to him. She looked at him blankly for a moment, then what he was saying sunk in and she threw her arms around him. “I love you so much!” she said.

Vaughn grinned happily. He had been lying when he said they shouldn’t get married right away. In his opinion, they should get married that second. He even had a ring, tucked away in his bedside table drawer. He had bought it shortly before she disappeared and had wanted to propose while they were away together. But he knew that it was better this way, she would be happy in Charleston. And all he wanted was for her to be happy.

^_^

That is sooo cute :rolleyes: I just can't stop smiling. omg, I'm almost crying I'm so happy for them :D Please write more soon. (and please don't think any less of me because of this post :P )

Don't die, here's the next chapter. I think there'll be one more after this ( I know, I keep saying that!). Please read and review. Thanks for all your posts: Vaughn'sGirl, Marshall, aliasgurl, Karie, DBristow, Alias lover, ames723, aliaschick4mv, mer_vaughn, iL0v3vAuGhN, jo, AIC, btvaughn, bluheart13, sbmv12, krisAll4Alias, Xtremelimits08, Alias_luver33, Crawstinium, Avrilfan89, Marlene, Sophie, kylo4, aliasgirl89, aliaschick820, aliasgirl000. Wow, that was a lot of people!

Chapter 9
“Agent Bristow, what are you thinking? You can’t quit!”
“It’s nice to see you too, Kendall” Sydney replied. She and Vaughn were at the CIA trying to get Vaughn a job in Charleston. They had just told Kendall that Sydney was not planning to return to the CIA, and he was glowering at them. “Actually” she continued, “I’m not quitting. I’m listed as MIA, so I don’t work here anymore.”
Vaughn chose this opportunity to jump in. “Actually, we’re moving to Charleston. I’d like a transfer there.”
Jack chose this opportunity to join the conversation. “You’re what?!?” he exploded. “Sydney, what about your life at the CIA?”
Sydney gave him a look. “Dad, I hate working here. And I have a good life back in Charleston. Plus Vaughn is coming with me…” she said, smiling up at Vaughn.
Jack frowned unhappily. He had just gotten his daughter back after two years without her, and she was leaving again! However, he and Vaughn had come to an understanding in their search for Sydney. They weren’t friends, but Jack respected Vaughn and understood his love for Sydney. He sighed. “Kendall, I suggest you help Agent Vaughn. You know that he’s a valuable agent and if you don’t transfer him, he’ll leave anyway” Jack said.
Kendall narrowed his eyes to look at the three of them, then spun on his heel and stormed away.
“Thanks” Sydney said, turning to smile at her father.
“I’ll miss you, Sydney” he said quietly.
“I’ll miss you too, but I’ll come back and visit” Sydney hugged her father again. He stiffly put his arms around her, not quite used to the public displays of affection.

Sydney and Vaughn walked off of their airplane, hand in hand. Looking around, she spotted Vanessa and Zara in the gift shop. Pulling Vaughn behind her, Sydney ran over and hugged her friend fiercely. Zara wrapped herself around Sydney’s legs, almost knocking the three of them over. When they finally pulled apart, both had tears in their eyes.
“Belle…I mean, Sydney…right?”
Sydney nodded. “It’s so good to see you Vanessa! Oh, this is Michael. Michael, this is Vanessa and Zara. You guys met in the park.”
Vanessa eyed him warily as if she were a mother inspecting a daughter’s date. Then finally she stuck her hand out and shook his.
At this, Vaughn relaxed. He had been worried about meeting Vanessa, since he felt like he was taking away her best friend.
Zara, however, was still looking at him curiously. “Why are you here? Are you Belle’s boyfriend?” she asked.
“Yeah, I am her boyfriend.” Vaughn replied, laughing.
“Are you going to marry her?”
Vaughn raised his eyebrows. “Uhh…” he started. “Maybe.”
“Maybe means YES!” shouted Zara, who giggled happily and skipped away towards the car.
Sydney and Vanessa tried not to laugh at Vaughn’s face. It was a mixture of confusion, amusement and fright.

When they got in the car, Zara immediately began to interrogate Vaughn. “Michael, when you and Belle get married will you have kids?”
Vaughn looked at the little girl sitting next to him. She looked so serious!
“Yes, Zara. I think so.”
“Will I get to play with them?”
“Yes.”
“When are you going to get married?”
“Zara, we’re not engaged yet” Michael told her.
“Why not?”
“Because I haven’t asked Sydney if she wants to marry me.”
Zara though about this for a moment, then leaned her head forward to talk to Sydney, who was sitting in the passenger seat.
“Belle?”
“Zara, call me Sydney” she told her, already knowing what was coming.
“Sydney. Do you want to marry Michael?”
Sydney paused a moment, the turned around to look at Vaughn in the backseat. He looked as if he was holding his breath.
“Zara, I love him very much” she said. Vaughn smiled, but Zara wasn’t happy.
“But do you want to marry him?” she asked again.
“…Of course I do, Zara” Sydney said to Vaughn. They were both grinning like idiots at this point.
“Well, then you can get married” Zara said. She looked at Sydney, then back at Vaughn. They were both grinning at eachother, completely ignoring her. “Grownups!” Zara said, settling back into her seat.

:smiley: :D ^_^ :P They're getting married, then?? I hope so!! Please let them get married soon!! I love Vaughn and Sydney. I love Zara too! She's soo cute!!! :lol:

~Shammi~

Back