Sci-Fi Repo Men (2010)

Tim

Creative Writer
Nothing to do with the older film of the same name, this action thriller has all the elements it seems in the trailer to make a dark utopian future.

Aside from one small item, the main actor! Since when was he a major action star? He's more the Shakespearean type actor surely? Good for posing and talking. So this could be novel.

Nothing to do with the older film of the same name...
I prefer the original Repo Men... a dark sci-fi classic.

...this action thriller has all the elements it seems in the trailer to make a dark utopian future.
I am confused about one part though... I have not seen "Repo: The Genetic Opera" but I know enough about it to to ask... is this new "Repo Men" supposed to be based on the "Repo" opera film? :confused: It seems like there are more than just a few similarities between the two films.

Ah, not seen that opera film actually. I remember seeing something about it concerning organ harvesting, but no more. This particular story only discusses the fact it is not the same story as the original film of the same name.

Sometimes older films can be superseded, but not often enough! Infernal Affairs was great, but The Departed has the edge on it (except the music!) The Dune mini series was better than the original film (imo) The 80's BBC Pride and Prejudice series was better than the previous BBC series :smiley: The vote is still out on Persuasion though.

The trailer didn't exactly make it look for the big screen did it? Looked like it would do just as good in the home on a reasonably big tv with a sound system.

The trailer didn't exactly make it look for the big screen did it? Looked like it would do just as good in the home on a reasonably big tv with a sound system.

Agreed. Not a movie that needs to be seen on the big screen to reach its full potential. Still want to check it out though. Nice to see Jude Law doing other types of movies.

At least here in the States they have been airing a second commercial that.... basically gives the entire plot of the movie. :banghead:

Even if I was interested in the movie it has now become a 'Netflix' movie to catch on DVD. Thanks, movie marketing department!

Back