Reports: Jennifer Garner Is Pregnant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno... I've been puzzling over this for about 24 hours now and it just doesn't make any sense to me. If it's true and it is what she wants and she's happy then (y) (y) but I'm just kind of like... ???? I don't know, maybe because tabloids were trying to spin this as a story earlier this year and I think it is weird that it would really happen right after that. I mean, it seems like it was more than 3 months ago to me, but I'm not really sure. Anyway, also the timing seems strange. I mean by the time Alias starts back she will be close to her third trimester which would be just really bad timing, am I right? I don't know... I'm a performing artist and my schedule is such that I work July through May and I would definitely time a pregnancy differently. I'm not trying to be judgemental or anything, it's just that it doesn't really mesh with her usual way of doing things. But who knows, maybe she talked about the whole thing with JJ etc before and they already have a storyline all figured out... Maybe they were like "Jen you work so hard, if you want a baby... go to it, and let us figure out the rest!" !!! So cute a little mini Jennifer out there in the world! :smiley:

i think it's safe to say we're all kinda... blaaah right now about this lol if it's true, it's a BIG shocker, Jen said it herself, she wanted to wait until after alias to have kids so i'm definately sure if she is pregnant, it was accidently :thinking: either way, i think we should wait and see before we get all rowdy and worried, i should say the same thing to people on other messageboards, everyone's already hating Jen right now :rolleyes:

Milferd said:
Jennifer was running out of time to have a good chance of having a kid with her own eggs. Sixty minutes report confirmed that despite much confusion from reports of women having babys older the ages for women to have good pregnancy chances have not changed.* The chance of pregnancy with own eggs dropping very fast after 35 and it’s better to have before 30. The idea physical age was not reported but I would guess 14-20 depending on how fast the female reaches full physical development.** We do have a problem in the design of our society with the ideal ages mentally being over thirty when physically teenagers and young twenties are better.

As this is a unnamed sources report I don’t know if it is true but good wishes for Jennifer if true or not.
*pregnancy treatments are taking a low chance of pregnancy and making it slightly lower but not able to make drastic improvements. Most older pregnancies reported in media are with donor eggs.

**most of time humans have been on planet women needed to have as many children as possible thus average age of marriage for women was twelve. Thus women’s bodies are designed to start having kids as soon as puberty starts and with life expectances in the thirtys there was little reason biologically to develop an older pregnancy ability. This only changed in the last few centuries as heath care developed. (Pregnancy right at puberty does have some problems with size of the mother but that is ended as soon as the female reaches physical maturity{stops growing physically  which can be 14 or younger nowadays.
[post="1333307"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I can't believe this was posted. :blink: :wtf: What are we on, 20/20?

Besides, who are we to know whether Jen decided she wanted a child now or if it just happened?

I say stop talking about it and if it ends Alias, whatever. Not like it's doing the best it could be right now. :rolleyes:

xdancer said:
why is it that this was posted here, but certain mods absolutely had a conniption when people talked about it on other threads?

anyway, if this is true, then i wish her the very best.  children can truly be a gift.
[post="1333719"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

For the record, the Jen/Ben thread was closed due to disrespect by members of a moderator, I currently didn't have the time or inclination to determine rumors or not.

If you have questions for the staff, sniping in a thread won't solve anything. Feel free to PM any of us with questions (although if you PM me, I won't be able to reply until tomorrow.)

The chance of pregnancy with own eggs dropping very fast after 35 and it’s better to have before 30. The idea physical age was not reported but I would guess 14-20 depending on how fast the female reaches full physical development.** We do have a problem in the design of our society with the ideal ages mentally being over thirty when physically teenagers and young twenties are better.
Okay, this isn't in relation to Jen, but....

The 'ideal' physical age to have children is 20 - the time a woman reaches her physical peak (so it's all downhill for most of us from here!!).

It is extremely dangerous for a female under 16 to have a child, as it is damaging to her health and development, and she is very likely to die young. See the abortion thread if you want a better explanation. This is from medical journals used at the university I attended.

:eek:fftopic: I know, but I hate when people say things without really knowing the facts.

If this is true, and at this point with the Garner/Affleck camp not denying it, there is no reason to believe it isn't, this situation has to make things somewhat hairy for the Alias creative team. If they were to begin filming in July, unless they incorporate this pregnancy into the series, it will cause problems. First is with stunts. Jennifer would not be able to do the majority of the stunt work she has done in the past in her condition. That leaves either minimal stunt work or using body doubles. Another problem would be her expanding belly. Other shows have used camera angles and set blockers to exclude the pregnant actresses stomaches, but it tends to become a distraction. It's going to be interesting to see how the team deals with this.

I haven't read all the posts so if this basically has already been said, sorry.

She's an ACTION STAR!

She's an actor first and foremost. She never wanted to be only known as an action star, thus she did 13 Going on 30 and now Catch and Release. She's just like every person that works in Hollywood, action or not.

You guys please it's Jen's life and you know if it was an oopsie I'm sure the first think she thought of was ALIAS. She loves the show, the crew and the cast so this wasn't selfish on her part.

I agree with RJ, Jen's an actor first, action is a part of her role. JJ and team is brilliant they'll work around it if they don't work it into the storyline.

I think that this is something that she deserves, after her divorce with foley i think that this is something incredibly great to have in her life...with everything that she has given everyone else, us, other fans, cast and crew, she deserves to put herself first. If you think that she is selfish it is in the best way possible, and aren't we being selfish if we expect her to put every aspect of her life on hold for this job? Sure I hope that its not true for the sake of the show but then reality kicks in and I realize that I have no right to expect her to not have kids...remember how many times we thought that JAbrams had failed us? Like there was no way that this could ever work? Just have faith.
Lauren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back