Reports: Jennifer Garner Is Pregnant

Status
Not open for further replies.
A woman's body continues to make eggs over and over until she hits menopause.

Sydney can have children.

I wish Jen and Ben the best of luck. They seem to be a wonderful fit and, oh my, the kids will be so adorable.

A woman's body does NOT keep producing eggs until menopause. However, eggs from only one of Sydney's ovaries were harvested; the other was untouched, which means that it is completely possible for Sydney to get pregnant like anybody else.

I don't think having a baby is a bad career move for JG, and frankly, I think it's beyond crass to describe having a child in that way. And unless you know Ben Affleck -- JG does, we don't -- you're in no position to judge his capacity to be a father and husband. (Maybe he's wonderful. Maybe he's awful. We don't know, and our opinions don't matter.)

I think they pretty much have to write it in. I think it is a gamble, but OTOH, some shows have done it brilliantly. "The X-Files" did its best story arc ever to accommodate GA's pregnancy, after all. And Sydney has to be central to "Alias" -- she is the lead character, and her being the focus of the drama is more important than her wearing tight clothes, being an action star, etc. As Sydney will not be able to be the focus in the same way as she has in the past (others will have to pick up the action parts), the only way to keep Sydney at the focus of the story is to write a major, non-action-oriented plotline for her. A pregnancy storyline would do this, and would have effects on the rest of the characters (Vaughn, Jack, Nadia, Sloane, various Rambaldi cultists, etc.), plus explain why she's not in the field all the time. So I think it's probably the best option.

ETA: I think the only other plotline that would keep Sydney at the center of the story AND explain her absences/not being in the field would be an abduction storyline -- Sark or Elena or someone takes her captive, and she's missing for several episodes. This might be feasible, but IMHO, it's even riskier than than the pregnancy in terms of holding viewer interest, and would probably result in us seeing a lot less of Sydney overall than a pregnancy storyline would.

Who cares? It's her private life. If she's pregnant, congrats! If she's not, we fed off the rumor mill.

Alias writers will figure it out. Season 4 is still in play. Season 5 is yet to be.

:cool:

If this is true, JG obviously wanted it happen like this and I think we should support her. I'm sure the writers could work around it (I'm not into the idea of Syd getting pregnant) and her stunt double could do the action bits.

Well it could be that she didn't plan on it -- unplanned pregnancies happen all the time. But regarldless, I wish her the very best. :smiley:

Jennifer was running out of time to have a good chance of having a kid with her own eggs. Sixty minutes report confirmed that despite much confusion from reports of women having babys older the ages for women to have good pregnancy chances have not changed.* The chance of pregnancy with own eggs dropping very fast after 35 and it’s better to have before 30. The idea physical age was not reported but I would guess 14-20 depending on how fast the female reaches full physical development.** We do have a problem in the design of our society with the ideal ages mentally being over thirty when physically teenagers and young twenties are better.

As this is a unnamed sources report I don’t know if it is true but good wishes for Jennifer if true or not.

*pregnancy treatments are taking a low chance of pregnancy and making it slightly lower but not able to make drastic improvements. Most older pregnancies reported in media are with donor eggs.

**most of time humans have been on planet women needed to have as many children as possible thus average age of marriage for women was twelve. Thus women’s bodies are designed to start having kids as soon as puberty starts and with life expectances in the thirtys there was little reason biologically to develop an older pregnancy ability. This only changed in the last few centuries as heath care developed. (Pregnancy right at puberty does have some problems with size of the mother but that is ended as soon as the female reaches physical maturity{stops growing physically which can be 14 or younger nowadays.

Yay, I am so happy for Jennifer Garner. Even though I'm sure that this might pose a small problem for J.J. Abrams, I am sure he can pull it off. So just show a little faith that they can make this work next season. It could make for an interesting twist in the storyline if they do it right. To tell you the truth, all I can think right now is how sorry I feel for Micheal Vartan. He did Love Garner, and was probably heartbroken after the breakup. He might have to play the unborn child's father or something. Talk about in an awkward position. :thinking:
Let's just hope this good news doesn't tear apart a GREAT show!

all i can say is if this is true then congratulations to jen and ben. she deserves to have a baby and be happy with a man she loves. :love:

sure it may affect alias or her career but I am sure she would much rather have a happy family life than any of that and lets face it she could retire now and be perfectly set up for life. ;) i don't really think people should be making comments about having children outside of wedlock and such - it is really none of our business what Jen does so please try and be respectful.

I just wish her lots of luck and happiness :D She deserves it!!!!

If it's true then the producers of ALIAS were probably among the first to know. They'll a) write it in b) not write it in. It's up to them to decide not us.

I'm sure all of the ALIAS cast members are thrilled for Jen included MV. I'm sure he's over his relationship with her by now. I think we all exaggerated the contents of their courtship.

Anyway, if it's true good for Jen if this is what she wants. And about her career...I think many actresses have had children and their careers have survived..why wouldn't Jen's? If she chooses.

I'm not worried about ALIAS. They are a smart group...they'll figure it out.

Inside Edition is talking about it now.... no one confirmed it yet though soooo.... i think it's gonna be on access hollywood and ET...basically every entertainment news show :P

ok The Insider said some people close to the alias set confirmed she is 3 months pregnant now sooo i dunno *shrugs* Extra also said it's still a rumour.... i'm just clueless about them now lol

ok im trying to be happy for Jen..i really am..its just hard..i know she deserves this, but not ben cmon!..she belongs w/ MV :( o well..im gonna really try to be positive about this if its true..i mean, if shes 3 months pregnant, then maybe the writers already knew about this and theyve already decided how to work it into the story..maybe they have it under control already..but it could kill alias, it could destroy it..but it could also make season 5 the best season ever! who knows! i mean with the big event happening w/ Syd and Vaughn..maybe its gonna be Syd and Vaughn's baby..u gotta admit it would be very adorable! it would be a change..and that might be just the change alias needs? i just feel sosoosoooo bad for Michael..hes gonna see what he couldve had w/ Jen and have that dangled in front of him every week if thats what happens? o man poor guy! ill give u a hug! lets just hope its the season is not put off..cuz i just think that wouldnt work! march to July?? no u cant...im away during the summer!!! :thinking: well heres to hoping everything will work out ok! :blush:

^^^^

i would think Michael would be happy for Jen.... come on they broke up a year ago and even he said it wasn't even a serious relationship, they're best friends..... i know if my best friend had a baby i would be happy for her!! it's just the right thing to do...... i dunno, thats just what i think :angelic:

ETA: Entertainment Tonight also showed Ben and Jen but it was under a RUMOUR still

Why worry about what Michael thinks? Because he's the ex? The ex who basically said they were still really good friends. I for one would think that anyone would be happy for her. Especially her Alias family. Michael included.

wow ... I can't believe how people can say that they love JG and are happy for her, but still in the same fresh air say that it is a bad career move and that this could mean the end of "Alias" ... thats very pathetic ... sorry for the world ...

If Jen is pregnant, be happy for her ... she deserves to be happy with WHO EVER she wants to be ... and have a baby with WHO EVER she wants ... its not a bad career move ... many stars have kids, but she has been waiting ... if she thought this was the right moment for her, than so be it ...

JJ will work wonders with her if its true and we see her with a belly on the show ... remember, she is the Propechy Girl ... so, there are so many possibilities that JJ can do ... and work around her pregnancy ... so, be happy for her and stop questioning her ...

She is not married to Ben, who cares ... she loves him and she is gonna have his baby ... there are so many women who get pregnant, without being married ... nobody says a word ... but because its Jen, everybody wants to say something ...

I vote we keep it cool ... it hasn't been confirmed as yet ... but if its true, be happy for our girl ... wish her the best ... and stop complaining about what this will do or will not do for our favorite show ... ;)

why is it that this was posted here, but certain mods absolutely had a conniption when people talked about it on other threads?

anyway, if this is true, then i wish her the very best. children can truly be a gift.

I know I'm not politically correct at all, and don't hate me when I express my opinion that I think it's a bad career move. She's an ACTION STAR! It'd be like a hand model removing a few of her fingers. But really, I will always love and wish the best of luck to Jennifer Garner. It's just that if I were her, I would've at least timed it better. (Get pregnant in November, hide the early months during filming, end filming early, have the baby in August) I'm sure the Alias cast and crew will get through it somehow. I really hope it isn't by revealing that Syd's pregnant, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back