Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Republican

• Depends

• Neither/Other

• Total voters
Most people here are probably American, I'm not, but most people in the world are affected by the American government in one way or another.
So with the new election there, I'm just curious as to where you stand politically.

I'm a Democrat, or a Liberal as we call it in Canada.

~~Spongy!

i'm a democrat.
if you're unsure of what you are, i found this in a magazine, to tell whether you are a republican or democrat (or 3rd party)

A- when it comes to abortion, i am pro-choice
B-When it comes to abortion, i am pro-life

A-Same sex marriages should be legal
B-traditional family structure should remain intact

A-The government should impose stricter laws against guns
B-The governmetn should lighten up on gun control

A-I'd be willing to pay more tazes to support social causes like home-lessness and poverty
B-I would prefer to pay less taxes so that i can choose on my own where my money goes.

A-Colleges should consider race as a factor in admissions
B-Colleges should base admissions only on personal achievements

Mostly As- Democrat
You answered the questions liberally, like most democrats. Democrats tend to favor a more hands-on role for the government when it comes to social issues, and less government controll of personal issues.

Mostly Bs - Republican
Like most republicans, you tend to be more consercative in your political opinions. Republicans usually favor a smally role for government in business and social programs, but a larger role for federal intervention in personal issues.

Mix - Third Party
Your mix of ideas is more in line with one of the other political parties, like the Green Party, which is mostly focused on the environment, or the libertarian party, which believes in total individual liberty.

Edited poll to merge "Other" and "Neither" since they are the same thing 
Other can refer to another party although none are listed and neither can refer to nothing as in no choice. Thus I think they are two different choices. I'm more of a Democrat than anything else and more against being a Republican than everything else. I've worked with small business owners (mostly Republicans) for the last 8 years and have developed an undeniable, indescribable,unusurpable, distaste and disdain for the working practices of the Republican way. They seem to feel more deserved of the dollar and more concerned with making that dollar than they do with the general welfare of society as a whole.

SydneyFan said:
Edited poll to merge "Other" and "Neither" since they are the same thing 
Other can refer to another party although none are listed and neither can refer to nothing as in no choice. Thus I think they are two different choices. I'm more of a Democrat than anything else and more against being a Republican than everything else. I've worked with small business owners (mostly Republicans) for the last 8 years and have developed an undeniable, indescribable,unusurpable, distaste and disdain for the working practices of the Republican way. They seem to feel more deserved of the dollar and more concerned with making that dollar than they do with the general welfare of society as a whole.
Choosing "other" for another party is inherently choosing neither Republican nor Democrat.

Choosing "other" for another party is inherently choosing neither Republican nor Democrat.
True, But it(other) inherently implies "another" such as Green Party or Libertarian where " neither " does not. True?

SydneyFan said:
True, But it inherently implies "another" such as Green Party or Libertarian where " neither " does not. True?
All this arguing over the choices! :rotflmao:

I should have been more specific :blush:

What I should have put was "none" not "neither"

There is a difference between "neither" and "other"

Neither is basically that you don't support any political party.

Other is that you support a political party besides Republican or Democratic.

My bad :blush:

~~Spongy!!

SydneyFan said:
True, But it inherently implies "another" such as Green Party or Libertarian where " neither " does not. True?
Other implies another such as Green or Libertarian, but so does neither. However, "other" sometimes means "other option" which could also imply no affiliation.

Neither = neither Democrat nor Republican, which also implies means that you are either member of another or not politically active at all (in which case, you really shouldn't be taking the poll). Maybe you are confusing "neither" with "none"? I could see it if the poll had Democrat/Republican/Other/None.

But lets get back on topic ;)

Neither = neither Democrat nor Republican, which also implies means that you are either member of another or not politically active at all (in which case, you really shouldn't be taking the poll). Maybe you are confusing "neither" with "none"? I could see it if the poll had Democrat/Republican/Other/None.
Ok, back on topic. but real quick. Democrat or Republican? Neither? no mention of any other party. It ends there. Same as none (almost). ok sorry. Back on topic. :blush:

edit: other definately points to an object
neither is neutral leaving it open and unspoken. Does that make sense? I couldn't leave it alone.

SydneyFan said:
I should have been more specific 
That's ok Spongy, but it would of been a better poll if you knew more than 2 parties. :lol: (y)
:rolleyes:

That would have been absolutely pointless. There are tons of parties!
That's why there is a "other" option ;)

btw, for a Canadian I happen to know more about the politics there than half of Americans......a huge portion can't even name a candidate outside of Bush! :lol:

~~Spongy!

Republican! Democrats are idiots
YeeeeeeeHaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! :lol:

That would have been absolutely pointless. There are tons of parties!
There aren't so many really. Not major parties. less than 10. But you do excellent for a Canadian. Better than I would do in your country. I was just giving you a hard time.

SydneyFan said:
thought you just said you were a Democrat Jon?   
That's not funny Spongerooni!! :lol:

How come you go by Christine now? Are you trying to grow up? :lol:
:eek: Opps! My bad....I'm posting in other forums now (since members lounge is closed here) and I go by my real name there; so I accidently pasted it without thinking. ;)

Spongerooni? I'm not Italian. Atleast mock me using my real heritage:

German version--> Spongenheimer

French--> La Spongee

:lol:

~~Spongy!

Back