• No, but I plan to.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, and I won't.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
does anyone know what time Pres. Bush talks tonight :thinking:
cuz i wanna see but i gotta sleep too ^_^

eta: holy felgercarb this george pataki (sp? gov on NY) is funny
he just said something like 'kerry has to google his own name to find out what he is supporting'
man it was great :lol: :sideroll:

"It has been a catastrophic success." Well like most Americans I have no clue as to what that means.

That Was Edwards on Bush's claim of Iraq being a "catstrophic success."

I'm totally loving the convention. It's good to have the adults in charge right now during serious times. Kerry makes me a little nervous because he's such a politician who can't seem to make his mind up as to what he wants to do. I think he's trying to be Clinton but he's not as charming!

Clinton's a one of a kind type of president. He's what Raegan was to Republicans. What made him great was that he wasn't afraid of going against the democrats and side with the republicans on so many issues. That bipartisan spirit he showed is completely lost now though. I agree Kerry doesn't have the same charm or charisma that Clinton has, but he's got a lot more qualifications to be president than Bush. Bush sends soldiers into combat without any thought for their safety. The greatest military achievement of Bush's life was protecting Texas from Oklahoma while walking through the first 40 years of his life in an alcoholic haze. Kerry's made an effort to serve his country from his 20s.

Spike said:
No I am very capable of looking across party lines and at bipartisanship, but blatant and malicious attacks are something I don't stand for. Both sides have done this and while I despise mudslinging its part of politics. My opinions on Republicans are based upon facts, not rousing speeches peppered with propaganda. I DO NOT deny the fact that the democrats have attacked Bush and at times in unfair manners, but it would be hypocricy for me to claim that Bush and his campaign are innocent. Last night at the convention was just another example. Cheney and Miller spent the whole night degrading Kerry's career as a politican and a soldier instead of speaking about issues that truly matter. I did not at one point during their speeches hear them address the issues of the failing economy, the constant violence and still mushrooming death toll in Iraq, or healthcare and how so many have been stripped of it. Mudslinging sucks and both parties do it, but the Republicans took it one too far last night.
[post="986540"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
republicans took it one too far? republicans??? have you heard anything that the mainstream dems have said about Bush? saying he betrayed the country...calling him a f***ing Nazi...i have no idea how many times he has been compared to hitler by the mainstream dems...gore...daschle...kennedy...ect.

You girlie men sure can dish it out but you cant take it.

By the way....you do know that Zel Miller is a democrat right?

Do you really want to try and explain anything that Karry has accoplished in the senate in 19 years...other than raising taxes, cutting defense, slashing intelligence, and not having his name on any major peice of legislation.
Kerry degraded his own carrer as a soldier when he came home and turned against his fellow troops. He gave away information that his troops were wothholding even through torture...by protesting vietnam, he gave aid and comfort to the enemy, he has since lied about where he has been and what he did in Vietnam

Yay. Rant. Wasn't really responding to your post though. :lol:

Spike said:
"It has been a catastrophic success." Well like most Americans I have no clue as to what that means.

That Was Edwards on Bush's claim of Iraq being a "catstrophic success."
[post="986707"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Its a military phrase that means something was extremly sucessful.

Just wanted to add my two cents on the Pres' speech. I thought it was very good! And uh... er... :thinking: I was bawling! lol I know, I know... :rolleyes: I just... got really into it. I think this was Bush's best speech yet. There was substance, and by God there was passion. He was getting teary-eyed at the end. He cares so much about what he is saying! :mellow: It just got me. The atmosphere at the convention was great tonight, too. If I was a little unsure before, now I'm completely sure. Bush is the only man for the job.

Also wanted to mention -- God bless Bush for his idea of allowing people to set aside some of their tax money for social security, as a nest egg kinda deal! :eek: I was floored by that. I have been worrying about it for a while (SS), and I think his idea is great!!! Not to mention it will mean I don't have to pay even more taxes for it -- it will come out of what I already pay! :smiley: I love the idea and I'm definitely supporting it and the President.

Oh the dems can take it AliasHombre and we sure as hell dished it after Commander n Chimp delivered his truly rousing speech that so magically resembled his speech from four years ago. What I love about Bush is that he really knows how to hit a plan on education home to the audience, he just has that pesky problem of ever failing to fund an education package. Like that "No Child Left Behind" thing he kept talking about. Bush seems to amaze me as well with his clear and precise plan about dealing with the War in Iraq. His constant phrases of "I plan to proect America" and "We shall win the war on terror" really create a clear visual. The only thing Bush's Campaign is good at this in this campaign appears to be mudsling. What with their shadow backing of all the 527 groups like the Swift Boat ads. As for Kerry protesting against the Vietnan War, who in their 20s wasn't back then. And how dare we try to judge what he did when he actually fought in the war. Vietnam was a quagmire and Kerry did what he believed was right. He exercised his right as an American and protested against the American government's actions concerning the war what he believed was misconduct by the US. I'm glad that Kerry came out swinging with a scathing attack on Bush right after Bush's speech. I usually would oppose such actions but politics is extremely dirty right now in America and Bush seems to be spearheading that movement.

Spike said:
The only thing Bush's Campaign is good at this in this campaign appears to be mudsling. What with their shadow backing of all the 527 groups like the Swift Boat ads.

I can't believe you brought up 527's associated to Bush. :lol: As soon as Bush found out that some of his volunteers had been associated with Swift Boat, they were immediately seperated from the campaign. Why hasn't Kerry done it? -- because the majority of 527's are associated with Kerry.... Here's a few examples (and I can list a bunch more if you'd like)... Enjoy.... ;)

MoveOn.org's Zack Exley Joined Kerry Campaign As Director Of Online Communications And Organizing.

Bob Bauer Of Perkins Coie Is Legal Counsel To Both Kerry Campaign And America Coming Together (ACT).

Kerry Campaign Paid Bauer's Law Firm, Perkins Coie, $360,244.28 For Legal Services And Other Expenses.

America Coming Together (ACT) Paid Bauer's Law Firm, Perkins Coie, $176,732 For Legal Services And Other Expenses.

Joe Sandler Is General Counsel To DNC While Serving As Legal Counsel To 527s MoveOn.org And Moving America Forward.

Erik Smith Is The Media Fund's Executive Director And Worked With Steve Elmendorf, Kerry's Deputy Campaign Manager, On Dick Gephardt's Presidential Campaign.

Minyon Moore, A Kerry Campaign Consultant, Serves On Executive Committee Of America Coming Together.

Media Fund Ad Consultant Bill Knapp Hired By Kerry Campaign.

Former ACT Employee Rodney Shelton Hired As Kerry's Arkansas State Director.

Kerry's New Mexico Caucus Director, Geri Prado, Is Leading ACT's GOTV Effort In That State.

Don't Forget The Dewey Square Group Provides Political Consulting Services For Both Kerry Campaign And America Coming Together (ACT).

Kerry Campaign Has Paid Dewey Square Group $194,936.48 For Political Consulting And Other Expenses.

America Coming Together (ACT) Has Paid Dewey Square Group $51,808 For Political Consulting And Other Expenses.

At Least Four Kerry Advisors Are Associated With Dewey Square Group: Michael Whouley, Jill Alper, Minyon Moore And Joe Ricca.

And Michael Meehan, Now A Communications Advisor To Kerry, Was Hired By NARAL In 2003 To "Oversee Its Vastly Expanded Soft-Money Operation." His Hiring Was "Billed As A Two-Month Leave From His Job As Political Director Of NARAL."

As soon as Bush found out that some of his volunteers had been associated with Swift Boat, they were immediately seperated from the campaign. Why hasn't Kerry done it?

Neither Bush or Kerry can publicly condemn the ads. It would be seen as coordination, and they would be in serious trouble with the FCC. Which the Kedwards folks are accidently forgetting.

And if the Kerry ads tick people off, my mother was infuriated by ads funded by pro-Kerry supporters which labeled Bush as Hitler - which meant my mother, a Bush voter, was a Nazi by association. Insulting the candidates is one thing, but the citizens?

What I love about Bush is that he really knows how to hit a plan on education home to the audience, he just has that pesky problem of ever failing to fund an education package.

The United States already spends more per capita per child than any other nation in the world. We're a nation at war, but education continues to receive more funding than our defense.

The problem isn't money, though that's the Dem's solution to everything. The problem lies, in my opinion, with the teacher's union.

His constant phrases of "I plan to proect America" and "We shall win the war on terror" really create a clear visual.

Kedwards has gone on the record - more than once - with sayings like 'we know how to win, and we have allies that will help us win, but we won't say specifics until you elect us!' Even critics noted Bush's plan-talking last night.

As for Kerry protesting against the Vietnan War, who in their 20s wasn't back then.
And did you notice Kerry didn't dare approach his record at the DNC, leaving it wide open for Cheney to do so?

Kerry didn't just protest the war. He referred to his fellow soldiers as war criminals and released sensitive info in the process. He's the one that brought up Vietnam in the first place. What you're seeing now is his smoke and mirrors being removed by the Republicans to show who and what he really is.

Heh. I'm not a Republican, but every holes-filled Democrat attack leans me more toward voting for Bush. Every time.

JINNIE- who you vote for I can't control, if you truly feel that Bush is the best leader to vote for than all I can continue to do is speak my mind. But the question is do you really feel that way about Bush? Putting all the 527s and propaganda aside do you believe that Bush is a better leader than Kerry has the potential of being. I never doubted that Kerry had disadvantages, but I do feel that whatever downside he has outweighs any upside with Bush. You've made it clear that you don't agree with what Kerry did after his stint in Vietnman, but how can you claim to know what he experienced or I? What if true war crimes were being committed there, would it be ethical to just sit down and shut up about it? You say that the US spends more money on education than anyother country, which is true. But is that enough? I mean this is the most competetive country in the world and to lose any ground in today's society to no fault of your own, but because the government has failed to provide money for a plan they proposed seems unfair. As for the plan in Iraq, no Kerry has not laid down enough specifics. He has said that he would seek more international support from the UN and NATO, but the truth is I don't see any plan from Bush. I watched his speech and the analysis of his speech on CNN and not one critic said he laid out a concrete plan for the US to leave Iraq. He said that he believed what he was doing was right and would keep America safe, but he didn't tell the audience how we would get out. When someone you know loses one of their fingers due to a lan mine in Iraq you begin to see the necessity to leave Iraq. Now after all this if you still believe that Bush is the better candidate than Kerry, then that's that. You've explained your POV and I've done the same.

As far as 527s I never denied the fact that Kerry supported them, but the fact that Bush does the exact same is obvious. Conservatives also fail to recognize the numerous Republican groups (eg. "Green Party For Peace" in Oregon) that campaign for Nader in an effort to steal liberal votes. I believe that 527s are unethical, but to deny that both sides engage in these acts to an equal extent seems like hypocricy.

The Convention rocked! Bush's speech was outstanding, and I loved his new proposals for the next four years. (y)

But Zell Miller's speech was the best speech I've ever heard at a convention to date! "Spitballs!" I was ROFL! That was great. ESPECIALLY COMING FROM A LIFELONG DEMOCRAT - WHO WAS CLINTON'S KEY-NOTE SPEAKER at his last Democratic Convention...This man cannot be called biased whatsoever - Thank God that he had the moral conviction to stand up and tell America like it is!

I didn't see the interview, but I heard about Zell's comments to Chris Matthews after the convention - Chris, of course - tried to talk over Zell and bash him for his views on Kerry - Zell completely told him off! He handed him the pages from the Senate record book and told him to look at them himself - votes don't lie. I loved his line about 20 years of voting as opposed to 20 weeks of campaign rhetoric. Zell rocks! :woot:

Call me spoiled, but i grew up under that blanket of protection that was Clinton's presidency. When everything was smooth and easy. I've never seen this country more polarized, it's like all bipartisanhsip has been lost. Liberals can no longer agree with anything from conservatives and conservatives can no longer agree with any ideas from liberals. Very disturbing, vote and support for whoever you want to, but to disagree would just be incorrect.

Spike said:
Call me spoiled, but i grew up under that blanket of protection that was Clinton's presidency. When everything was smooth and easy. I've never seen this country more polarized, it's like all bipartisanhsip has been lost. Liberals can no longer agree with anything from conservatives and conservatives can no longer agree with any ideas from liberals. Very disturbing, vote and support for whoever you want to, but to disagree would just be incorrect.
[post="988199"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
And all the facts back you up buddy.

SecretAgentMan said:
there's always something wrong when a Democrat shows up at the Republican convention and slams Democrats.
[post="988855"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

LOL Yeah something wrong with the Dems! :hmm:

I only watched some of the RNC. I really wanted to watch it to hear both sides (since I watched the DNC), but I honestly found it kinda boring. Too heavy on the Kerry/Democrat-bashing. And the Bush twins should never be allowed to make a speech again :lol: They were horrible, just horrible. Though I was amused by the delegates and their flip flops. Very creative. I have to admit I imitated them :P

The democrat dude scares me. And he doesn't know how to handle interviews.

As far as 527s I never denied the fact that Kerry supported them, but the fact that Bush does the exact same is obvious. Conservatives also fail to recognize the numerous Republican groups (eg. "Green Party For Peace" in Oregon) that campaign for Nader in an effort to steal liberal votes. I believe that 527s are unethical, but to deny that both sides engage in these acts to an equal extent seems like hypocricy.
[post="987487"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
To equate the amount of 527's against bush with the amount against kerry would be hypocrtitcal.

Back