Horror Resident Evil (20??)

Tom

An Old Friend

No official plot yet, but it's said to be a reboot of the live-action movies.

CURRENT STATUS:
In Development

CATEGORY:
STUDIO:
WRITER:
DIRECTOR:

PROJECT DETAILS:
Filming is aimed to begin sometime in 2019. (12/6/18)
It was initially announced that James Wan (The Conjuring 2) would produce the film via his Atomic Monster banner, but that proved to be false.
Written/directed by Johannes Roberts (The Other Side of the Door, 47 Meters Down, The Strangers: Prey at Night).
Head at Constantin Film, Martin Moszkowicz, gave a brief update on the project recently at Cannes, saying that they're “still working on it creatively." He reportedly mentioned that one option could be a TV series instead of another movie, but either way it seems like the studio doesn't know what they want right now, adding: "For us, the main thing is to get it right creatively so people don’t think it’s more of the same. That’s what it’s all about these days, a fresh, different approach." (5/11/18)
This is in the very early stages of development, as not much is known about the project aside from the studio looking to reboot it. (5/21/17)
Producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi had a recent interview where he spoke briefly about what he'd like to see in the reboot, saying: "I personally like Paul W.S. Anderson’s [direction] on the live-action [films]. Stuff like that, I would like to see more action." He then goes on to confirm that it's a complete reboot, saying: "We will be getting a new director and also the cast members are going to change, too, but I’m looking forward to doing it." (6/16/17)
It's said that the film will feature an entirely new cast.
Don't expect to see the return of director Paul W.S. Anderson or actress Milla Jovovich as Alice, especially since the Alice character was created specifically for the movies.
Apparently this will be the first of six planned movies.
Based on the Capcom video game, the live-action series launched in 2002 with Paul W.S. Anderson directing and the franchise would go on to earn $1.2 billion worldwide to date, making it Europe’s most successful independent horror-genre movie franchise in history and the highest-grossing film series based on a video game.
This is said to be a "reboot" to the Resident Evil live-action movie franchise.

Top Bottom