Horror Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004)

I still haven't seen it yet! Arggg! No one's there to take me. I'm only 16 dammit. Can't go in without someone 17 and older. Now doesn't that bite? It's only a year off!

Well, maybe you should start practicing getting fake ids now. You are gonna need that skill in college..

That's one of the benefits of being Asian. apparently we all look the same to the white dudes at the door :smiley: hehe..

MeganGarnerBristow said:
OMG! I wanna see this! But you have to be 17 to go to see it in my town so I cant! Ill just wait until it comes out on dvd and rent it!
[post="995102"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
O that sucks. You have to be 17 in my town too and there is no way to sneak into new movies or anything because they always ask to check your ticket.

MeganGarnerBristow said:
OMG! I wanna see this! But you have to be 17 to go to see it in my town so I cant! Ill just wait until it comes out on dvd and rent it!
[post="995102"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
No, don't do that! Sneak in with someone or something! I'm gonna finally go see it today! Yay!!!! :woot:

One word: Awesome!

Great, mindless fun and a helluva good way to waste 2 hours doing nothing on a Sunday afternoon!

Acting: 7.5/10
Direction: 6/10
Plot: 6/10
Visual: 8/10

Overall: 7.5/10

I'm seeing it again!

G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
One word: Awesome!

Great, mindless fun and a helluva good way to waste 2 hours doing nothing on a Sunday afternoon!

Acting: 7.5/10
Direction: 6/10
Plot: 6/10
Visual: 8/10

Overall: 7.5/10

I'm seeing it again!
[post="996934"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

There was a plot involved in this?

xinli11 said:
[post="996965"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
hahahaha Did you see the movie at the end, what happened. Maybe it's not the best plot but every story has a plot. Even mindless comedies have plots. It's good enough to see it again and I agree it was a 7.5 rating ;)

xinli11 said:
[post="996965"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yes...somewhere in the convoluted mess of action sequences that gave me a spinning headache. Hell: "I went to the circus and saw the elephants" is a plot in itself.

Did you see the movie at the end, what happened.
I think that Alice is the movie version of Alexia (if you're familiar with Code Veronica). If you're not, simply put: Alice is the female version of Nemesis and will probably turn evil and kill them all.

Strangely enough, I WANT her to turn evil and try to kill them. It beats sending in another bad guy so she could easily whup his ***. I don't think they should have made Alice that strong. Jill was totally overshadowed by her, though the dog scene in the school was kind of funny and cool.

Fave line from the movie definitely has to be: "GTA, mother******! 10 points!"

Just watched this movie! GREAT MOVIE!!! I loved it! Tomorrow Im going to be saying "My name is Alice....and I remember everything...." lol I noticed that there was a Canadian Shot.... Well Only for the fact that in the beginning there was a shot of "Racoon City" but there was a sign on a building that said "CIBC" which is a Canadian BANK! YAYAYAY...lol I love it when I find things that filmed in Canada!

I've just seen Resident Evil: Apocalypse. I liked it and so did the audience. It was superior to the first Resident Evil movie.

The Internet Movie Database forum has people complaining that the movie wasn't scary enough or close enough to the storyline of the Resident Evil videogames, but I think that the movie was good for what it achieved. Better than Alien Versus Predator.

The action scenes were pretty good. Like in most horror or monster movies, the victims have to do something stupid that leads to their demise. Milla Jovovich's character, Alice, is even tougher than the previous movie. I like how she kicked butt. She is aided by tough cop Jill Valentine (from the videogame Resident Evil) played by Sienna Guillory. Jill is secondary to Alice in the butt kicking. The fight scenes cutaway too quickly and are shot too closeup like in Daredevil, but other movies do that too. Good comic relief from LJ played by Mike Epps.

Filmed in Toronto, I noticed a number of recognizable landmarks: the TD Center (the tall buildings with the CIBC and Bank of Montreal symbols), the Gardiner Expressway, the Don Valley Parkway, and Yonge Street's Sam The Record Man store. The Raccoon City Hall that got shot up was Toronto City Hall. I assume that was done with special effects! :lol:

The Internet Movie Database forum has people complaining that the movie wasn't scary enough or close enough to the storyline of the Resident Evil videogames, but I think that the movie was good for what it achieved. Better than Alien Versus Predator. "
Tell me about it <_< They are so insatiable trying to bring up every point possible to nitpick this movie. It wasn't a Mulholland Drive. There wasn't anything too complex in the plot for them to do this, yet they continue. It sickens me.