Horror Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City (2021)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City (2021)

Tagline: Witness the beginning of evil.

Genre: Horror, Action, Science Fiction

Director: Johannes Roberts

Cast: Neal McDonough, Kalie Hunter, Marina Mazepa, Kaya Scodelario, Robbie Amell, Tom Hopper, Hannah John-Kamen, Donal Logue, Avan Jogia, Lily Gao, Chad Rook, Janet Porter, Holly de Barros, Sammy Azero, Nathan Dales, Josh Cruddas, Pat Thornton, Dylan Taylor, Lauren Bill, Jenny Young, Matthew MacCallum, Carson Manning, Pamela MacDonald, Stephannie Hawkins, Nathaniel McParland, Aleks Alifirenko Jr., Kelly Reich, Darren W. Marynuk, Jason Lee Bell, Amy Szoke

Release: 2021-11-24

Runtime: 107

Plot: Once the booming home of pharmaceutical giant Umbrella Corporation, Raccoon City is now a dying Midwestern town. The company’s exodus left the city a wasteland…with great evil brewing below the surface. When that evil is unleashed, the townspeople are forever…changed…and a small group of survivors must work together to uncover the truth behind Umbrella and make it through the night.
Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City (2021)

I never really played the game but I've read reviews which say its the closest of the movies to the actual game.

While I enjoyed the franchise so far it did go lame after the 2nd film.

This reboot has a better horror 'feel' to it and stands alone on its own but the cgi and the boss monster is lame.
Frankly, I don't care if they make another or not.

I'll get it because I collect sets but the first film will always be my favorite.

I missed this one. I knew Netflix was coming out with a live action series but didn't realize a new movie was recently released also.