Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Resident Evil

Discussion in 'Open Chat' started by Valentino, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Valentino

Valentino Rocket Ranger

Discuss the Resident Evil game series here! Your favourites, least favourites, etc!

2. Travis

Travis Rocket Ranger

My least favorites are the code veronica series for ps1 in my opinion they weren't scary at all very little action i do like Resident Evil 5 haven't played one newer then that though i like it because its co-op campaign.

3. Valentino

Valentino Rocket Ranger

I've loved most of the Resident Evils, and I think my least favourite is 5. It's a pretty cool action/zombie game but it's a lot different than what Resident Evil used to be which is what I liked the most about it. I haven't played 6 yet.

4. Travis

Travis Rocket Ranger

Six looks good i know a lot of people say Operation Raccoon city sucks and its only 20 bucks at gamestop now which is weird since it came out not to long ago.

5. Valentino

Valentino Rocket Ranger

I think that's why it's so cheap :P I heard a lot of awful things about it too.

I'm not sure about RE6 yet. I don't like the idea of co-op so that was a turn off for me already.

6. darkgoku

darkgoku Captain

i like resident evil afterlife its a pretty cool game

7. Valentino

Valentino Rocket Ranger

Afterlife is an RE movie, not a game :)

8. legendx66

legendx66 Rocket Ranger

haven't played 6. 4 was my favorite back in the day.

9. Valentino

Valentino Rocket Ranger

Has anyone played any RE games before RE4? XD

10. Roach

Roach Captain

I have always loved Resident Evil's main releases, well that is up until Resident Evil 4. Before that I loved them all but disliked 4 and 5.

11. Valentino

Valentino Rocket Ranger

Yay :D Someone else who likes the originals :r

What's your favourite game?

12. legokiba213

legokiba213 Rocket Ranger

I am also a huge RE fan and have played all of them except for 6 just because 5 wasn't that good and 6 looks way to action shooter for a RE game. My favorite would be 4 and 2. I have played 0,1,2,3,4, and 5.

13. Valentino

Valentino Rocket Ranger

I enjoyed 4 and played it quite a lot actually - but I loved the atmosphere the previous Resident Evils had, and has been missing in the last couple games imo.

Resident Evil 3 and 2 are my favourites. I looove the Nemesis and always will. I still have that 'holy felgercarb RUUUN' feeling when he's chasing after me. 2 was brilliant as well, a lot of memorable moments.

Resident Evil 1 was good too though, and I really enjoyed the remake.

14. legokiba213

Yes the remake is a lot better then the original. The atmosphere in the 3rd is so scary. Nemesis just jumps out of windows like a maniac. The choices in that game is also really cool. Have you ever played Code: Veronica or the Outbreak Files?

15. Valentino

Valentino Rocket Ranger

Yep I've played them.

I've sadly never made it all the way through Code Veronica. I made it close to the end, I think - but I got stuck on a boss because I saved at a bad time and just couldn't kill her. I reaally need to play and try again though, it's definitely been a long time.

I played file #1 more than #2, both were pretty fun.

16. legokiba213

Agreed, you know they re-made code veronica in HD so you should try it again.

17. Valentino

Valentino Rocket Ranger

Oh nice :) What is it available on?

18. legokiba213

I believe it's on the 360 and PS3. They have a bundle on the PSN for both the RE4 HD & Veronica HD on the PS Store.

19. Daryl

Daryl Captain

RE 6 isn't bad, but not that 10/10 game either, I loved Leon's story. Chris's story could be better.

20. Valentino

Valentino Rocket Ranger

@Lego: Sweet, might just have to get that :) I'll have a look tonight actually.
    @Daryl: I've heard in Leon's story the 'classic' zombies make a return? Is that right?