Restoring A Family

RAF.gif

A/N- Hey, i'm new here and most of my fan fictions are posted over at ff.net but my friend wanted me to come post here so umm here I am. :eek:ldhi:

Summary: Sydney had become Julia Thorne, five years later she returns to the family she had long thought dead. (AU)

Background: Sydney wasn't taken after her fight with Francie, she and Vaughn got engaged in Santa Barbara that weekend and married soon after. She found Nadia in a similar way to Season three and Nadia and Weiss hit it off immediately. The rest of the basic plotline will be explained in the first chapter, so read and enjoy.

Disclaimer:
Alias is not mine. If it was that whole two years thing probably wouldn’t have happened. (I say probably because I have no clue what I would do)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Base camp this is Boy Scout, the target is in sight. Do we move in?”
“No hold it, we’ve been trying to identify their assassin for almost three years. We have to see if she shows up for this meet.”

“Yes sir.” Vaughn looked over to Weiss and they locked eyes for a moment before Vaughn brought binoculars back up to his eyes and looked into the parking lot across the street. Sure enough with in moments a black car pulled up and a blond woman got out. “I think we have the assassin in sight.”

“Get the picture, then move in on your call Boy Scout.”

“Yes sir.”

“Dude…” Weiss muttered looking through the telescope and clicking the button repeatedly as he took pictures.

“What is it?” Vaughn asked putting the binoculars up to his eyes and looking down to the small group in the parking lot. His throat constricted at what he saw. Other than the blond hair, the woman looked identical to his late wife. Seeing the woman hand a briefcase over to a tall man Vaughn lowered the binoculars, “Everyone move in.” He ordered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sydney stepped out of the car surveying the area before approaching the man in front of her.

“The job went well?” The tall man questioned.

“Do you have the money Kunis?”

“Show me the pictures.”

Sydney handed the man a folder and the man looked inside nodding approvingly.

“Is that the information?” He asked motioning to the case.

“The money first.” Sydney said holding out her hand. The man gave her an envelope and she checked inside briefly before handing the man the case.

“It was good working with you Julia.”

“You know how to contact me if you have another job.” She said as she put the envelope into her jacket. Just as she turned to walk back to her car the first shot was fired by one of Kunis’s bodyguards at an approaching CIA officer and immediately hell broke loose. Sydney quickly pulled out her gun and headed for her car but her driver had been hit by a tranquillizer.

“Damn it.” She muttered looking around her. “DAMN IT” She repeated seeing Weiss running down a fire escape followed by… no… no, he’s dead, it can’t be him. Sydney watched as Kunis was brought to the ground and then back at Weiss who was now running across the street toward her. “FREEZE” He yelled holding his gun out and Sydney quickly took cover behind her car pulling the driver out as she fired a few warning shots back, not wanting to hit Eric but keep him away. With in moments of the driver hitting the pavement Sydney was in the car and took off down the street. A few CIA cars followed but Sydney got away and with in the hour was up in her hotel room splashing water on her face. Normally this would be the time she would call Kendall and tell him everything she learned but she could bring her self the call him now. She wasn’t sure if she ever could. If the man she had seen was indeed Vaughn, then Kendall lied when she asked if what the covenant told her was true.

“Julia.” Someone called in, knocking on the door.

“One moment.” She called from the bathroom and quickly dried her face.

Sydney opened the door and Jared, her covenant contact walked inside.

“Wonderful job Julia, I just heard about the Kunis job. It went well for you at least.”

“Except the being spotted by the CIA part.”

“What makes you think it was CIA?”

“Just a guess. They all had American accents.” And one was my husband, who you told me was dead. She thought sitting down on the couch.

“Well you have another job Julia.”

“Where?”

“L.A”

Vaughn leaned back in his seat as Weiss dialed his cell phone to call Nadia.
“Hey.” He said as she picked up. “Yeah, we’re on the plane… in about 6 hours… Yeah that sounds great…nothing too out of the ordinary, we got the man we were there for and got pictures of that assassin we’ve been trying to get… No we didn’t get her, the b**** did leave her driver for dead though… I know, what else would I expect from an assassin… She looked just like Sydney.” Weiss said this looking over to see if Vaughn would react. As expected Vaughn didn’t do anything, he hadn’t said anything about the woman since they saw her. “No check out the pictures when you get into work, the resemblance is freaky… Yeah, Vaughn is fine… She’s with you right now?... Yeah I’ll give the phone to him, put her on the phone.” Weiss handed Vaughn the phone “It’s Anna.”

“Hello...I miss you too… I’ll come right home once I get back… I can’t wait to hear about it… I love you.” After talking to Nadia for a moment Vaughn hung up and turned to Weiss.

“So you really ready to get married?”

“I’ve been ready since I met her, what I didn’t know was she was too.”

Vaughn smiled, “Sydney would have been so happy to see you two together.”

“That woman…”

“Let’s not talk about it.” Vaughn said quickly, turning to look out the window.

“Well, at least you’re not imagining women who look like Sydney anymore. I mean, you use to see her everywhere.” Weiss said putting his hand on Vaughn’s shoulder for a second.

Weiss was right; after Sydney died Vaughn could still hear her voice, see her in the line when he was at the supermarket. Once he went back to work and started missions he would see her in clubs sitting at the bar, or hear her voice in his comm. After a while though these visions had become less and less and though everyone thought this was good for him, it meant he was moving on, he missed it. He missed hearing her voice watching her sit at a bar drinking a martini. He missed everything about her, and it still stung as if she had been kidnapped and killed just yesterday.

Six and a half hours later Vaughn and Weiss walked up the steps to Weiss and Nadia’s house. Nadia opened the door immediately and Weiss dumped his bag by he door. “Remember to clean that up; I’m not doing it for you.” She warned, though still smiling that her fiancé was home safe.

“You sure you two aren’t already married?” Vaughn asked raising an eyebrow.

Nadia laughed before walking to the stairs and calling up, “Anna! They’re back.”

Vaughn positioned himself at the bottom of the steps and Anna came racing down jumping into his outstretched arms. “DADDY!”

“Hey sweet heart” He said with a laugh and a kiss on her head before putting her down.

“Mr., Mrs. Vaughn, I’m happy to say you’re pregnant.”

Sydney turned to Vaughn who was sitting next to her and kissed him.

“Congratulations.” The doctor said standing up and walking out of the office with the happy couple.

“Thank you doctor.” Sydney said once again.

“Go set your next appointment at the front desk and have a nice day.

After setting their next appointment Sydney and Vaughn walked slowly out to their car, as if in their own little world.

“I think we should name the baby Barbara.” Vaughn said looping his arm around Sydney’s waist.

“What makes you think it’s a girl?”

“I don’t know.”

Sydney smiled, “I don’t like Barbara.”

“But Syd, I asked you to marry me in Santa Barbara, we got married in Santa Barbara and I’m guessing this baby has a little connection to our trip last month to Santa Barbara.” Vaughn said smirking causing Sydney to smile.

“I still don’t like the name, sorry.” Sydney wrapping her arm around Vaughn’s waist.

“Okay, then… Anne.”

“Anne, as in my middle name?”

“Yes, after you.”

“Why not Michelle? Or Michael if it’s a boy.”

“Fine, not after us then.” Vaughn said with a laugh. “How about… Erica? After Weiss.”

“You know this poor child if it’s a boy. You’re so set on a girl.”

“If it’s a boy the names a given. William.”

“After your dad?”

“And it’s uncle Will.”

“He’s going to be so excited when he hears about the baby.”

Vaughn smiled, “Everyone will be. They got excited just to find out we were trying to have one.”

“No hug for uncle Weiss?” Weiss asked kneeling so Anna could wrap her arms around him and squeeze as hard as she could. “I missed you too.”
“Her grandfather called, he wanted to take her to the park since he has the afternoon off. You want to take her down to meet him?” Nadia asked taking a sip of a glass of tea.

“Sure.” Vaughn looked down at his daughter “You want to see grandpa at the park?”

“YEAH!” She said a wide smile spreading across her face.

“Okay, go grab your sandals and we’ll go.” Anna immediately raced upstairs to grab her shoes and Vaughn sighed, “I’ll see you guys later.”

Sydney sat down at the bench in the park she had run through so many times in the past. Sydney watched as people ran past her and she inhaled sharply when she noticed a man waiting by the swing set across the field. He turned around and she knew who it was. If she didn’t know the covenant was watching her to make sure the familiar park didn’t spark her memory, Sydney would have jumped up at that moment and run over to her father. But if she did that now she would be shot.
And now Sydney knew she had seen correctly back in Spain. Vaughn approached Jack with a little girl racing behind him the light brown ringlets of her hair bouncing as she ran. Sydney could feel herself begin to get woozy but she had to act like what she was watching didn’t affect her. Vaughn talked with her father for a moment before leaving the girl with Jack and walking out of sight. Sydney scanned her surroundings and almost immediately picked out three covenant agents watching her.

"Anna" Sydney almost jumped hear her father call sternly after the little girl.

"Get back here"

Sydney watched as the girl slowly made her way back to her Jack, emphasizing each step and letting out a, "grandpa..."

Many men had tried to get information out of Jack Bristow using every kind of torture imaginable, but Sydney’s daughter broke Jack Bristow with a simple "grandpa"

Sydney watched from her spot on the bench as her father smiled scooping Anna back into his arms. "How about we go get ice cream?" He asked wanting to make up for talking sternly to her.

"Okay!" She said a smile spreading across her angelic face.

Sydney’s attention was called away as a man sat next to her and said the phrase agreed upon "Do they still sell the Star?"

"The Star went out of business two years ago."

"What paper do you propose I buy?"

"The Current." Sydney said the name of the made up paper.

"Julia Thorne?" The man asked looking away now.

"Yes" Sydney replied as she looked back to the spot where her daughter and father had been. Realizing they had left Sydney turned back to the man beside her, he had slipped a picture of a man, and the mans information to Sydney on the bench. Sydney picked the papers up. "What are you paying?" She asked.

"It’s on the paper" Sydney scanned the paper and found the amount, which most would be pleased to work for.

"I don't think I’ve ever worked for so little." She said placing the picture back down and the man sighed before adding another zero on the end of the number. “That’s more like it. You only want him dead correct?”

“Yes.”

“Accidental death or do you not care?”

“Something that will seem accidental to the police, but send a message out to my enemies. Can you do it?”

“Of course I can. You’ve heard about me.” Sydney said c***ily. “I’ll contact you when the job’s done.”

“Thank you.” The man stood up and with in moments had disappeared. Sydney stuck the picture and information in her jacket before standing up.

Vaughn started to walk away after waving one last time to Anna before something caught his eye. That hair, then it was the same jacket. The assassin was sitting there talking to some man. Vaughn looked around seeing two men who were watching him and her closely, he would need back up for this. Vaughn called Jack on his cell phone and told him to take Anna out for ice cream because there was a problem. Vaughn then proceeded to get back up from the agents stationed in the park. Before running back to where the woman was. The man she was meeting with was gone and Vaughn was able to watch her for a moment before turning off the safety on his gun and yelling freeze.

The men who had been watching her immediately stood up and the three officers Vaughn had with him went to cover them. The woman stood up and took off into the woods, Vaughn hot on her trail. He kept yelling at her to freeze but she would shoot. What struck Vaughn as odd was she didn’t hit him, he knew there were plenty of times she had a perfect shot but she would shoot just short of him, as if trying to scare him away with out hurting him.

Sydney fired another shot, the adrenaline had taken over. She ran quickly but Vaughn remained on her tail. She couldn’t stop; if she stopped they could get her daughter. If they saw that she had betrayed them they wouldn’t hesitate the go kill Jack and Anna who probably hadn’t gotten out of the park area yet. Suddenly she landed face first in the leaves having tripped over a root and Vaughn was standing right behind her.
“Drop the gun, hands on your head.” He ordered, obviously short of breath but not wanting her to know that.

He watched her for a moment before picking up her gun and stepping back now both guns trained on her trained on her. “Stand up!” He ordered and Sydney slowly obliged still facing the other way, she didn’t know why but something kept her form turning around, even though all she could think of was jumping into his arms and kissing him.

“Turn around.” The dreaded order came and Sydney slowly started to turn.

A/N- Hope everyone liked that. I’m worried this is confusing so any feedback is appreciated (but please constructive criticism, not just that’s really bad) If you’re confused feel free to leave questions in your review or e-mail them to me. But there are things you aren’t suppose to know yet. Don’t worry most of your questions will be answered next chapter, which I plan to have a few flashbacks in it. (not sure how many yet).

ohh ya kit i want a PM too and can i be addicted #1 please?? cus i :love: all your fics (so if you post more here i call addicted #1 on all of them lol)

Sydney A Vaughn
SuperDuck123
buckeyealum2000
Jen-Jen
alias/gglover
spydancer
Syd_ Vaughn
texasalias2004
Monstica
sparklingrainbow
alias=mylife26
fire*N*ice
gtwallichs
SydneyAnneVaughn
oooRevesDouxooo
vaughnsgurl4lf
hawkeye
vaughnroxmysox
secret_agent_angel
SYD96
Nicky_Bristow
gregstar
aliasdancer007
sydney_alias_vaughn
freaky
JuliaSark05
syd_kicks_serious_ass
vaughnshoney
Nancy O
MontrealRocks
Sage Vale
luckylass
leelow13
SarahBear
UndercoverPhoenix47

(35)

LaurenRachael
cleverchic
jadeygirl
broe4ever929
cookiemonster
Bubbles
SpygirlAmy
iheartvaughn
aprilsfool6
LaQuetha
AliasFreak90210
freckles3706
littlemissliketofight
IwantRome
maddy28
aliasisthebest
aliasfan212
Syd4Vaughn
wiseman
AlexBristow03
blknight
undercover_spy
Angel
ALIAS_chick
Mountaineer
scullymulder1234
grassyass
Lost soul
Catpin
SydneyVaughn47
ashdash
derevkointraining
6helterskelter6

(33)

sydneymicheal
redwolf88
Sydnee
AliasSydney502
farliieansds225

Are added to my list for PM's thanks SOOOO much for reading and even more for the nice thing's you've said.

('im just going to edit this list and add names here so i dont have to look around.)

Addicts:
#1- Superduck123
#2-alias=mylife26
#3-vaughnsgurl4lf
#4-oooRevesDouxooo
#5-SydneyAnneVaughn
#6- SYD96
#7- LaurenRachael
#8- Bubbles

Thankyou SO much for reading and thankyou even more to those who reviewed!

Chapter two: Meeting again

Sydney couldn’t yet open her eyes, but she could hear and make some sense of things around her. There were at least two, maybe three people talking in the room with her, but their voices not audible, as if they were aware she might wake up any second. The bad lights in the room gently buzzed, once and a while going off like a bug zapper. There was a machine making a humming noise beside her, and Sydney didn’t have a good feeling about what it would be used for. This feeling was because her hands and legs were tied to the chair, and that is never a good thing. She suspected it might be the same chair she had spent so long in when she was first being brainwashed to become Julia.
Sydney finally opened her eyes, the lids feeling like lead, and she realized it was indeed the same room. As she blinked persistently in the light (even if there wasn’t much of it), the three men who were standing huddled in the corner of the dim room approached her.

“Please state your name.” An older man asked sticking his face in hers.

“Julia Thorne, now why the hell am I in these restraints?” Sydney said, the hostility she radiated immediately causing the man to take a step back.

“We just need to be sure of some things Ms. Thorne.” Another man, who vaguely resembled a monkey, said to Sydney.

“Now please tell us what happened in L.A.” The first man asked placing his wire rim glasses on.

Now Sydney knew what she was doing here, they were worried she remembered. They suspected she lied when she said she had been knocked out by the man who was chasing her and he just left her there… not that they didn’t have a reason to be suspicious.

“Turn around!” Vaughn ordered again.

Hands up she slowly started to turn, her head drifting down as she did.

“Look up!” Vaughn ordered, more to satisfy his curiosity about how much she resembled Sydney, than for any other reason.

Sydney looked up, suddenly unable to say anything.

Vaughn slowly lowered the guns as their eyes locked and Sydney correspondingly lowered her hands.

“Sydney?” Vaughn asked tentatively, and just the look on her face made him positive it was her. “They said… they said you were dead…”

“They told me you were…” Sydney said quietly and feeling on the verge of tears.
Sydney scanned the woods to be sure no one was watching, then sighed deciding it was safe, for now.

“I have to go, before they realize I’m with you.” She said shaking her head.

“Go? Sydney what are you talking about, you can’t go.”

“I have to…”

“No. No you don’t”

“Yes I do, they’ll kill both of us if they find out I betrayed them. They’ll kill my father, our-” Tears started to stream down Sydneys cheeks for the first time since she was told her husband and daughter were dead. Vaughn instinctively took Sydney into his arms but after a minute Sydney pulled back.

“I can’t just run, they won’t believe that I didn’t just kill you…”

“What?”

Sydney slowly started nodding, showing she was thinking some plan up. “You need to knock me out.”

“What? No!”

“Yes, you have to. I need to be able to find the best way to get back. And they wont believe I didn’t kill you, so you have to knock me out. They’ll come find me, I’ll be fine.”

“Sydney… I can’t”

“Yes. You can, you have to.”

“How will you…”

“Don’t worry, I’ll contact you once I’m able to.”

Vaughn nodded hugging her once again as if once again trying to convince himself she was really standing in front of him. Sydney pulled back touching his cheek, “I can’t believe you’re alive.” She said as if reading his mind.

Sydney took a deep breath, “Now do it, they’ll be here looking for me any second.”

Vaughn nodded, “I love you Syd.”

Sydney smiled at hearing the words she had heard in her dreams so many times over the last few years.

“I love you too.” She responded just before Vaughn used the handle of the gun to knock her out and all went black.

“I told them after they found me, he had two guns on me, what was I supposed to do?”

“You’ve gotten out of worse situations Julia, with out a scratch.”

“What are you asking these questions for? You suspect me of being a traitor?”

“That’s what we’re here to find out Ms. Thorne.”

Sydney looked to the machine next to her then back to the man. “I have nothing to hide.”

“Let’s hope so.” He said with a malevolent smile.

“She didn’t explain anything?” Nadia asked Vaughn for at least the third time.

“No, she was too worried they would find out she betrayed them.”

“But she said she would contact you?” Jack confirmed what Vaughn had earlier told him.

“Yeah, once she was safe she was going to contact me.”

“She didn’t say how?” Weiss said now sticking himself into the conversation.

“No, I’m guessing what ever way she can.”

Jack turned back, looking toward Marshall’s office. “Find anything yet?”

“No… Yes sir! Yes, I think I’ve found the airport they left from!”

Jack, Vaughn, Weiss and Nadia all rushed into Marshall’s office crowding around the computer screen where he restarted some security footage that showed about 5 men climbing on a plane, two of them holding up an unconscious blond woman.

“I doubt this is regular protocol…” Nadia said quietly what everyone in the room was thinking.

“We need to find out where they took her, then we’ll send a team in.”

“I’m sorry, director Bristow…” An agent appeared in the doorway of Marshall’s office and had been watching the video of Sydney being taken onto the plane.

“Yes agent Larsen?”

“Well sir… how do we know she hasn’t gone rouge?”

“You didn’t know Sydney.” Weiss said immediately, as if ready to beat up this new agent up for even suggesting Sydney would betray them.

“But… but sir, if she is infiltrating the organization or is some kind of prisoner as people have come to believe… Why hasn’t she made any contact?”

“We aren’t sure yet.” Jack said simply. “But we will know when she is back here.”

Agent Larsen nodded realizing this fight was impossible and he quickly turned and left the room.

Nadia once again said was everyone in the room was thinking. “It isn’t possible right?”

Weiss put his arm around her, “No Nads, I’m sure it isn’t.”

Sydney watched hiding her anxiety as they attached metal rings to her ankles. “Now, what is your name?”

“Julia Thorne.”

“Do you know who Sydney Bristow is?”

“I’ve over-heard the name mentioned, but I do not know who it is.”

“What did you hear about her?”

“Nothing, I just remember the name.” Sydney said calmly as possible so not to arouse any more suspicion.

“Are you sure just the name?”

“Yes.”

“It’s not like you not to remember something.”

“Well I don’t.”

The first man started charging the machine up and the man resembling a monkey stopped him. “We just want to know about L.A, not Sydney Bristow.”

“Yes Sir.” The man, Sydney had come to know as Durango answered before asking, “What really happened in the woods?”

“I told you, he caught up with me, I feel dropped my gun and he took it. Then he heard someone coming I think and he knocked me out and ran.”

“We don’t believe that Julia.”

“I’ve lost people before, why am I being questioned now!”

“You’re not the person asking the questions here.” The third man who had yet to speak said approaching Sydney. His voice was raspy, as if he had smoked for way too long, and way too much.

“I shouldn’t be being questioned! I didn’t betray anyone damn it!”

“Do you really want to go with that story Julia?”

“Yes.” Sydney answered, and right as she did, Durango started warming up the machine again.

“It landed in Russia, just outside of Perm to be exact.” Marshall said bringing up the satellite footage on the screen.

“When are we sending a team in?” Vaughn asked turning to Jack.

“I’m in the middle of clearing the Op, once I do we’ll send the team in. Agent Santos and Weiss, draw up a plan.”

“Yes Sir.” Weiss said as he and Nadia left Marshall’s office to go start on the plan.

“What should I do?” Vaughn asked looking around.

“There’s nothing left to do but wait, go home. See your daughter before you leave.”

“No, I have to do something.”

“Yes, you go pick Anna up from her babysitters and spend some time with her until I call.”

Seeing Jacks stare Vaughn nodded, “Call me if you know anything more.” He said quickly before turning and walking away so he wouldn’t say something to Jack he would end up regretting.

Throwing his briefcase in the back of the car Vaughn got in slamming the door behind him. After calling Weiss’s sister to tell her he was coming to pick up Anna, Vaughn headed to pick her up.

“Where is she damn it!” Vaughn demanded to know after two days of searching for clues to where Sydney may have gone.

She had been there two days ago, the day their daughter was brought into the world premature. After Sydney had fallen asleep that night Vaughn snuck off to go watch the baby for a while. He walked into the room where the other babies in incubators were. Most had at least one parent close by and Vaughn made his way over to his little girl. The doctor had given him and Sydney the percentage of the baby surviving and Vaughn kept pushing that to the back of his mind. His daughter would beat the odds, she looked like her mother, and she would be just as strong as her mother. He looked down at her small pale face and he took a seat next to her. He traced the nametag on the side of the incubator with his finger.

Name: ___________Vaughn

Parents: Sydney Vaughn, Michael Vaughn

Sex: Female

Birth date: May 16th, 2000

He sighed looking at the name. He and Sydney hadn’t come up with a name yet; they knew they were pressed for time. But they never expected her to be born so early. Vaughn put his hand up against the side of the incubator, in the dark room the possibility of death seemed so real, unlike everywhere else where his friends and family kept telling him everything would be fine.

A nurse soon appeared in the doorway and with a nervous look on her face. She said someone needed to see him at room C14, his wife’s room. That is where they told him Sydney had disappeared. They said, when a nurse came to check on her, the room was a mess showing an obvious struggle but Sydney was no where to be seen.

Vaughn pulled up at Emma’s, and Anna was waiting on the front steps. Upon seeing her father’s car she raced over climbing into the back.

“Hey sweetie.” Vaughn greeted with a smile.

“I thought you were leaving on a trip.”

Vaughn smiled, “Not till later, I thought we could spend some time together.”

Anna smiled plopping down in the back seat.

“Seatbelt.” Vaughn warned and Anna immediately pulled it on.

Anna was probably the only thing now, and had always been the only thing, that took his mind off of Sydney. Though his thoughts drifted to Sydney once and a while, in the few hours waiting for Jacks call Anna made sure her fathers attention was on her.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please take time to review! Thank you!

that was a sweet chapter!
im glad that they saw each other and talked even though it was cut short.

Vaughn nodded, “I love you Syd.”

Sydney smiled at hearing the words she had heard in her dreams so many times over the last few years.

“I love you too.” She responded just before Vaughn used the handle of the gun to knock her out and all went black.
:love:

great chap!
thanks for the pm.
update soon!
<nicole>
:smiley:

Thanks for the PM I loved the the new chapter

“Well sir… how do we know she hasn’t gone rouge?”

There's no way she could ever do that

“Hey sweetie.” Vaughn greeted with a smile.

“I thought you were leaving on a trip.”

Vaughn smiled, “Not till later, I thought we could spend some time together.”

Cute :blush: Vaughn's a great dad

I hope the will get Syd back in the next chapter and update soon :smiley:

Back