Restoring A Family

Yeah i havent udated in two weeks... but yeah Jr year sucks. And since im now looking at some pretty nice colleges (aka REALLY hard to get into) i gotta work my butt off. But i have a snow day today and im going to try to write and update. Sorry it's taken a while.

i remember junior year and it is hard becuaese you have to keep a certain GPA to go to a nice college. keep studying because it will pay off when you finally graduate from college.
Don't stress about fic it will still be here.
laquetha

Sydney sat in the living room, a mug of tea warming the palms of her hands as she stared out the front window. Feeling someone behind her she turned to see Anna standing silently in her nightgown watching her from the stairs.

“I didn’t hear you come down.” Sydney said with a light laugh. “My spy senses must be on the fritz.”

“Huh?” Anna asked hearing Sydney mumble the last part of her sentence.

“Nothing Hun, is your dad up yet?”

“Nope. Can we have breakfast anyway?”

Sydney smiled standing up, “Sure, what would you like?”

“Chocolate chip pancakes!” Anna said with a smile so wide Sydney couldn’t help but laugh.

“My friend Francie used to make pancakes, the best you would ever eat. She was a chef you know.”

“Did she put chocolate chips in them?” Anna asked following Sydney into the kitchen.

“Nope, but me and my friend will used to put some in and she would go soooo mad. She said we were ruining them.”

Anna laughed grabbing Sydney’s hand and pulling her over to the cabinet that had most of the things to make the pancakes with, including a bag of chocolate chips.

Sydney opened the bag, tossing a few of the chocolate chip into the air and catching them in her mouth.

“I wanna try!”

Sydney smiled, “Okay, open wide.”

“Stop it! Now you’re just throwing the popcorn at me!” Sydney yelled as a piece of popcorn went down her shirt. “You’re not even trying to get it in my mouth!”

“Nope. But I’ll get it out of there if you’d like.”

“No, I’m okay.”

“But… but…”

“I know. They’re big. That’s what happens when you knock me up.”

“They’re so beautiful!”

“You’re such a man!”

“Would you prefer me something else?” Vaughn asked raising an eyebrow.

“No, I’m happy with you the way you are.” Sydney said laying her head on Vaughn’s shoulder and wrapping her arms around him.

“Have I told you how happy I am?” Vaughn asked rubbing Sydney’s stomach.

Sydney smiled, “Yes, repeatedly.”

“Well I’ll tell you again. I could not imagine being any happier right now, and it’s only going to get better.”

“And the giant boobs don’t make it any worse.” Sydney said with a smirk.

“God no.” Vaughn said kissing Sydney.

Anna obliged opening her mouth wide and Sydney tossed a few chocolate chips getting a few in Anna’s mouth.

“I wanna throw them at you!”

Anna tossed a few back toward Sydney. She had surprisingly good aim for a five year old, getting about half of the tossed chips into Sydney’s mouth.

The game continued until the bag of chips was empty (With a good portion lying on the floor of the kitchen.)

Vaughn came down looking at Sydney and Anna sitting at the counter laughing. “What are you two up to?” He asked raising an eyebrow.

“Nooothing.” Anna said looking over to see if Sydney was going to rat them out.

“We were going to make chocolate chip pancakes but we realized we were out of chocolate chips.”

“We got a whole new bag yesterday. How could we be out?”

Anna and Sydney shrugged in union, identical looks of innocence on their faces.

Vaughn laughed, “Just clean up this mess. Then we’ll have a REAL breakfast.”

“I’ll do it!” Anna said jumping from her stool and running to grab the broom.

Sydney followed Vaughn into the living room, taking a seat on his lap and giving him a quick kiss.

“Mmmm chocolaty.” Vaughn said kissing Sydney again.

Sydney laughed. “I hope you don’t mind.”

“Hey, she’s yours too. You get to deal with the hyper five-year-old.”

Sydney smiled, “I’m up for it.”

“It’s finally working out. Just as your dad said it would.” Vaughn said with a sigh rubbing Sydney’s back.

“Yeah” Sydney said. “I just wish my dad could see this… I wish it didn’t take losing him to get my family back…”

Vaughn pet Sydney’s hair, “Yeah…”

“Okay, I need to tell you two something.” Vaughn said as he placed three plates of pasta on the dinner table.

“We’re sticking to our story; the dog ate the chocolate chips.”

Vaughn laughed, “And I’m sure that story would stick, IF we had a dog.”

“Hey, I say it sticks well enough.” Sydney said winking at Anna.

“But seriously… I just found out I’m going to have to go away for a few days.”

Anna rolled her eyes dramatically letting out a loud sigh. “Well if you INSIST on abandoning me, I’ll just have to eat ice cream for EVERY meal with Uncle Eric.”

“Well… Actually I figured you might stay here… with your mom.”

“Not with Eric and Nadia?” Anna asked. Her voice wasn’t disappointed, but this was the first time in her life she wouldn’t be staying with her aunt or grandfather while Vaughn was away.

“No… Do you mind?”

“No, not really. We can eat more chocolate chips.”

“Oh so you admit it?”

Sydney grabbed Anna covering her mouth, “She admitted nothing. She was just SAYING we could have some chocolate chips as a small snack during our time with out you. Just to dull the pain of missing you so much.”

Vaughn laughed, “Nice cover-up.”

“I’ve always been good at them.”

They thought they were securely out of the building; the exit was only feet away. The stolen information safely sealed in a “lipstick” placed in Sydney’s purse.

“Halt!” A man with a thick Russian accent called out stopping Sydney and Vaughn in their tracks. “Who be you?”

Sydney turned slowly a mixed look of confusion and fear on her face. “Excuse me?” She asked in a weak voice with a hint of a southern accent.

“Who are you?” He asked slowly, his voice irritated.

“Oh, well I’m Jessica Anne Parker, and this is my bodyguard, William. Daddy’s just a BIT overprotective.” She said with a girl next door smile.

“Why are you here?” He asked as another guard appeared patting Vaughn down and taking his gun.

“I came to surprise Daddy; he had a meeting about purchasing 3 million dollars of server space for his company.”

The guard looked over to a man who checked the information on the computer and nodded.

The guard looked hard at Sydney, deciding whether or not to believe her.

“Could you call me a taxi please? I must have just missed Daddy, but this is the most beautiful building, really.”

The guard nodded, “Yes Ms. Parker, and tell your father we hope to see him again soon.”

“I’ll do so, bye handsome.”

Vaughn took that as his cue to give Sydney an annoyed look and led her by her back outside to where they were picked up by a taxi driven by a CIA agent.

“How’d you get away with that? We didn’t put anything about a Mr. Parker into the system.” Vaughn said as he ripped his fake mustache off.

Sydney shrugged. “You didn’t but when I saw how heavy security was I made a quick call to Marshall and let him work his magic.”

“You’re amazing.” Vaughn said kissing Sydney.

“Don’t you ever forget it.”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A/N- sorry for the delay - but i have the last five planned out (actaully i only have three to write, the last two are done and part of the next) so this fiction shouldn't have another long wait between updates.

Please review! :smiley:

Awesome update, I loved the flashbacks, and I am glad that Syd and Anna are finally bonding and getting to know each other!! :smiley:

Back