Restoring A Family

Wonderful update. I loved Syd and Anna making pancakes. That kitchen must have been a mess. Glad they are getting along so much better.
Thanks for the PM, sorry I was late getting here to read it.

pm please?

just caught on at the tail end, cant wait for the next update!
anna's cute! and i dont like little kids, so thats something!
hehe, love the fluffy flashbacks!

wow i havent replied in FOREVER.. oops.. :blush:

ill just comment on all the things i missed...

jacks death:: so sad... i miss jack... :(
the wedding pictures:: so sweet.. jack does have a soft side after all.. :D
the second proposal:: so sweet... im glad anna liked the idea.. ^_^
chocolate chips:: this was my favorite part out of the chapters i missed.. :lol:
anna staying with syd alone:: so cute... they can finally have some mother daughter bonding time.. :angelic:

i think that about covers it.. :D...

rock on, peace out..

im going to Update asap. i just have a lot going on now - drivers test, final projects, finals, charity stuff - so once i have time to write and edit stuff i promise an update, and once summer comes there will be lots.

This story is amazing...
It was so sad when Jack died...
Glad that Syd and Anna are getting along.
Can I get a pm when you update please.

A/N- I’m sooooo incredibly sorry I have updated at all, school was hell this year. But ive written everything but two chapters, which I plan to do tonight. I’m doing a double update today, and another in two days, then two days later will be the last chap and the epilogue (which have been done since the first chapter). I really hope you guys can forgive me and try to review. If you’ve forgotten what the fic is about feel free to reread, most of you enjoyed it the first time, or PM me and ill tell you basically what has happened. Please enjoy and review!
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

“Did daddy already go?” Anna walked downstairs, still in her blue nightgown and he hair going in all directions.

“Yes, he went in and said goodbye but you were asleep. He’ll be back in a few days.”

“Can we have chocolate chips for breakfast?” Anna asked hopefully.

“No, but we can go to the diner for breakfast before we head out for a surprise.”

“Surprise?” Anna’s eyes lit up.

Sydney winked, “Surprise.”

“PUPPIES!!” Anna yelled as she and Sydney pulled up to a pound, which was having an “adoption day” and most of the dogs were outside.

“I want a puppy!”

Sydney smiled, “So do I.”

“Really?!”

“Well we need someone to blame eating the chocolate chips on don’t we?”

Anna bolted out of the car Sydney having to jog after her to keep up. “I want this one!” Anna yelled within minutes of arriving at the pound.

“Are you sure?” Sydney asked looking around at all the dogs they had yet to look at.

“POSITIVE! I want it!”

Sydney knelt down looking at the golden dog with a curly tail. “Hey girl.” Sydney said holding her hand out to be licked by a spotted tongue.

“We find someone?” An older woman walked over smiling at Sydney and Anna.

“Yup!” Anna said proudly.

“Yes, we did.” Sydney said standing up.

“Well this is Tinkerbell, at least that’s what we call her. Feel free to change the name. She’s six months, and a chow-chow/German Shepard mix. Someone brought her in about two weeks ago claiming they found her on the street, but we believe they were her former owners. It will be fifty dollars for vaccinations and you’ll just have to sign a few papers if you want to take her home today.”

Anna looked up at Sydney, amazed that they were doing this.

“Okay.” Sydney said pulling cash out of her purse showing she was prepared for this and signing the forms the woman handed her.

“Enjoy your new family member.”

“Does daddy know we’re doing this?” Anna asked suddenly as Sydney lifted the dog in her arms and placed her in the back seat of the car.

“No, but it’s a surprise so no telling him until he gets home.”

“Will he be mad?”

Sydney smiled, “No, he won’t.”

“We need a dog.” Vaughn said randomly laying in bed with Sydney one night.

“Vaughn, in a few months we are going to have a new baby, you expect us to take care of a dog too?”

“Yeah! It can’t be that hard.”

Sydney laughed, “What world are you living in? We can barely handle what we have.”

“Come on! I’ll take care of it!”

“And who will watch it when we’re away?”

“Your dad?” Vaughn asked in a hopeful tone.

“We’ll have enough trouble getting him to baby-sit. He isn’t the most nurturing man, he isn’t about to watch our dog.”

“I know… I just always wanted a dog, and with our family I just figured a dog would fit in perfectly.”

Sydney smiled, she hated having to think rationally about this, she wish she could have been more spontaneous and not rational. “Maybe after the baby is born.” She promised.

“You ruin all the fun.” Vaughn said pouting like a child and crossing his arms.

“I am the SOURCE of all the fun. How do you think this happened?” Sydney said with a smirk as she rubbed her rounded belly.

Vaughn smirked, “Oh yeah, I like that fun.”

Sydney laughed, placing her hands on his crossed arms and standing on her toes to kiss him.

“So what do you want to name her? I’m not very fond of the name they gave her.” Sydney said wrinkling her nose.

“I get to name her?!” Anna asked excitedly.

“Of course.”

“Ummm Nellie!” Anna decided quickly, showing she had been considering this long before actually getting a dog.

Sydney smiled, ‘Nellie it is”.

Anna slept in her lavender bed, her small body rising and falling with each breath. Sydney smiled, she had been watching Anna sleep for at least half an hour, Nellie curled at the foot of the bed. They had attempted to get the dog to sleep in a crate downstairs, but that lasted no more than 15 minutes. Anna didn’t like the dog to be sad, Sydney didn’t like Anna to be sad, so the dog soon took its place upstairs with Anna.

Sydney laughed quietly thinking back to when Vaughn had called to say goodnight to his family, though Anna did not say exactly what had happened anyone would know something was up.

Sydney finally stood up softly, stroking her daughter’s moonlit face before heading back to her own bedroom.

Sydney was asleep maybe three hours before she felt something crawling into the bed. At first she assumed it was the dog but when she opened her eyes she saw Anna sitting at the bottom of the bed tears streaming down her cheeks.

“I want Daddy.” She croaked out, wiping her face with her nightgown.

“Sweetie what’s wrong?” Sydney asked sitting up and holding her arms out.

“I don’t feel good…”

“What feels bad?” Sydney worry consuming her body.

“My tummy… and my head... and my throat.” Anna listed, sniffing.

“Let me see.” Sydney turned on the lamp and Anna opened her mouth, her throat clearly red and glands swollen.

“We’ll go to the doctor in the morning.” Sydney promised, taking a deep breath.

CHAP 27

Sure, Sydney had babysat millions of times for sick children, but when it was her daughter she suddenly felt overwhelmed, like there was no way she could handle this.

“Syd, it’s fine. The doctor said it’s strep, just give her the medicine and she’ll be feeling fine soon.” Vaughn said in a calm voice. “I’ll be home as soon as I can. Don’t worry Syd, you’ll both be fine.”

“I love you…”

“I love you too, bye.”

Sydney sighed looking into Anna’s room where she lay asleep on her bed. Sydney walked in silently taking a seat on the edge of the bed.

“Mommy?” Anna’s quiet voice said her eyes fluttering open.

Sydney didn’t say anything, not sure if she had heard incorrectly.

“Mommy?” Anna repeated.

“Ye-yes sweetie?”

“My throat hurts.”

Sydney held up the covers of Vaughn’s side of the bed, “Do you want to sleep in here tonight?”

“What about Nellie?”

Sydney smiled, “You get to sleep, I’ll grab her and bring her in here.”

Sydney sat on the couch, a paper on her lap. She couldn’t get her mind off whether it was the fever making Anna call her mommy. Did this mean they were really going to become a normal family? Well as normal of a family as she could have.

Sydney heart sped up as she heard Anna’s footsteps softly tapping on the carpeted stairs.

“How are you feeling Anna?” Sydney asked putting the paper down and turning to see Anna, whose face was no longer flushed.

“A little better…” Anna paused as if trying to figure out what she wanted to call Sydney.

Anna climbed up on the couch folding her legs under her and looking up at her mother. “Would it be… could I… call you mom?”

Sydney smiled; this was the moment she had wanted since she first came back home. “Of course Anna, of course it’s okay.” Sydney leaned over kissing Anna’s forehead.

“You up for some breakfast?”

“Captain Crunch?”

“Is your stomach okay for that? I don’t want a repeat of last night.”

“Just a little? Please?”

Sydney smiled, how could anyone refuse that face, her little girl’s angelic face.
“Honey I’m hooome!” Vaughn called out to find a 40-pound dog running down the stairs barking loudly.

“Nellie stop! Wait up Nellie, you forgot your bow!!!” Anna followed closely some red ribbon clumped in her hand.

Vaughn swept Anna into one arm and pet the dog on the head with the other.

Sydney came down the stairs laughing. Vaughn met her at the bottom, kissing her quickly on the lips.

“Ewwwww.”

Vaughn laughed, where’d this thing come from.”

“It’s not a thing!!! It’s Nellie! Mommy got her for me! So you can’t blame us for eating chocolate chips!”

As Anna continued telling Vaughn the excited events of the last few days, his mind remained on the one work Anna said, mommy. Sydney smiled at him, knowing exactly what he was thinking. She nodded slowly, a content sigh escaping her lips.

“You’re home!!!” Sydney bounced into the front hall as Vaughn dropped his bags from his mission and wrapped his arms around Sydney as she jumped and wrapped her legs around his waist.

“I called you five minutes ago telling you I would be.”

“I know, but I missed you soooo much, never leave me again!”

Vaughn smiled kissing Sydney’s neck. That had been the first time since they were married that Sydney and Vaughn were separated and every moment had been torture.

“I’ll try not to.”

“Trying isn’t good enough!” Sydney whined.

“Well how about I try to make it up to you?”

“How?” Sydney asked putting on the puppy dog eyes.

Vaughn smirked, “how do you think?”

mydog.jpg

ok.. 1) i am BEYOND excited this story got updated

2) you are SO forgive for taking a long time b/c this was an amazing update

3) anna called sydney mommy and she actually likes her. that was fantastic.

great update all around. thanks for the pm!

Back