Restoring A Family

I love the updates. They are so awesome. It was really sweet when Anna called Syd mommy. I thought that was SO sweet. Please pm me when you have more updates.

A/N- wow it's been a while but school got busy, alias ended and *sigh* i love my muse. shes recently reutrned since i was sucked into Bones so i was like "hey lets finish RAF" then it took me another 2 weeks to actually do that. So here's the final chapter (VERY condensed since i have to go somewhere) hope you enjoy it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<O>ALIASALIASALIASALIASALIASALIASALIASALIASALIASALIASALIASALIAS<O>

Sydney looked at the diamond ring on her finger, after the first time she married Vaughn she didn’t think she would ever be so excited again.

“How’s this?” Sydney asked twirling in a cream gown with light beading along the train.

“I don’t like it.” Anna said plainly as she sat in a chair swinging her feet. “Why aren’t we looking at the white ones?”

“Because white is supposed to symbolize purity, and your mother is far from pure.” Nadia said with a smirk.

“What?” Anna asked looking up at her aunt.

“Aunt Nadia’s just being silly, what she meant is I wore it at the last wedding, I’d like a different color now.” Sydney said glaring at her sister. Sydney walked back into the dressing room and called out to the woman assisting them. “I’d like to look at the campaign colored dresses I saw earlier.”

“No problem” The woman replied through a thick Italian accent.

“You are BEAUTIFUL Sydney.”

“You think this is the one?” Sydney asked with a girlish giggle. She had on a snow white dress with a plunging necking both in the front and back. The fabric seemed to shimmer even in the bright lights of the bridal dress store.

“I think if you walk down the isle in that dress no one will be able to take their eyes off you, especially Vaughn.” Nadia said with a smile.

Anna's laugh rang through the store as Nadia tickled her.

"How's this?" Sydney asked, suddenly appearing from the dressing room.

"Hot mama" Nadia said seeing the strapless Champaign colored gown.

"That's the one." Anna said definitively, "I want one just like it!"

Sydney smiled, turning to the woman assisting her "This is the one, and maybe a spaghetti strap in purple for the flower girl?"

The woman went into the back, reappearing with three dresses.

"Those two are icky" Anna decided immediately, pointing to two of the dresses, "I like the middle one" She specified, touching the one that looked closest to her mothers dress.

"Mommy's little girl." The saleswoman commented, causing Sydney to burst into a proud smile.
<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>

"They dropped the cake…" Sydney asked, her voice full of disbelief. "How could they drop the cake?!"

"It's called gravity Syd." Jack said, his voice still calm.

"What do I do now? The ceremony is in two hours!" Sydney groaned her jaw dropping. "Someone is against this wedding happening!"

Jack touched Sydney's shoulder. "Go get ready; I'll take care of it."

Sydney smiled, somehow the confidence in her fathers voice made her problems melt away. "Thank you dad."

"I've done this before, I shouldn't be anxious, why am I anxious?" Sydney rattled off, smoothing out the front of her dress for the 14th time since she put it on an hour earlier.

"Because, despite all your setbacks you're trying again… you're one stubborn woman Sydney." Nadia said, walking over and wrapping her arms around her sister. "I'm so proud of you, and so happy for you."

Left. Right. Left. Right. It was finally the day, and the walk down the isle seemed longer than anything in Sydney's career. Jack kept her at a steady pace, his hands on her arm strong yet comforting. Stealing a peek Sydney could see the tears wanting to form in the corners of his eyes, earlier in the day he had been completely calm, but now the reality was setting in for both of them.

Sydney was marrying Vaughn, after such a struggle they were finally going to be happy. Though her father hated to admit it, he couldn't have picked a better man to protect his little girl (Not that Jack ever planned to stop).

Sydney watched Vaughn at the end of the isle, he was shifting, a dead giveaway he was anxious. She smiled to him from halfway down the idle, causing him to catch his subconscious shifting. He smiled back and everything in her world stopped.

After her first wedding, Sydney thought nothing to compare to the joy she felt. When she learned they would have family, she was proven wrong, then again at her second wedding. Sydney learned as long as she was with the people she truly loved nothing bad could destroy her, everything could always be restored with love.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N- sorry for editing errors - epi is coming.

A/N- heres final chap i just found/eip :smiley:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Chap 30:
Sydney, Vaughn and Anna walked though the park on a warm spring day. Anna was holding Nellie’s leash and Sydney was holding on to Anna. Just as Nellie saw a squirrel she bolted, taking Sydney and Anna with her before Vaughn grabbed Sydney by the waist effectively stopping the train.

“Thanks.” Sydney said with a laugh, as she made sure Anna was okay before putting her down and taking the leash from her.

“You sure you’re okay?” Vaughn asked taking one of Sydney’s hands and looking at the red marks from the leash.

“I promise, I’m fine.” She insisted kissing his cheek.

“Mommy Mommy!!!” Anna yelled suddenly pulling back Sydney and Vaughn’s attention.

Sydney was about to ask what it was when she saw Anna running over with purple tulips she had pulled out of the park trail, leaving a bare spot in the line of flowers.

“That’s for you.” She said with a proud smile handing them to Sydney.

“Thank you sweet heart.” Sydney said holding back a laugh before Anna sprinted ahead to walk next to the dog.

“Hold these.” Sydney said handing Vaughn the flowers.

“Why me?!” Vaughn asked looking around for the gardener he was sure would come after them any moment.

“’Cause you’re not pregnant.” Sydney stated simply placing a hand on her still flat stomach.

Vaughn smiled kissing the side of Sydney’s head before a gardener suddenly came running after them down the path. “What I’ll do for my family.” Vaughn mumbled before stopping to deal with the fuming old man chasing them down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Epilogue: Everyday

This time she was gone. She was really gone and she wasn’t coming back. He had held her hand as she took her last breath only twenty years after he had married her once again. He had kissed her forehead before they closed the casket. He had to watch his three daughters cry as they lowered the coffin into the cold ground.

Everyday he drove past where Sydney was buried on his way to work.

Everyday he saw pictures of her around the house.

Everyday he saw her in the children.

Everyday he woke up missing her, wishing she were still asleep next to him.

Everyday he cursed the mission that finally got Sydney Bristow.

Vaughn stood alone Christmas Eve in the cemetery looking down at his wife’s simple gravestone.

Daughter, wife, mother
She lived and died for others.
Sydney Anne Bristow
April 14th 1975- September 13th, 2025

“Dad?”

Vaughn finally broke his focus to see his oldest daughter walking toward him though the dark.

“Are you okay?”

“It’s freezing out, why don’t you have a coat on?” Vaughn asked putting his arm around Anna as she stood next to him.

“Dad, don’t change the subject.”

“You’re pregnant Anna, you need a coat.” Vaughn said pulling his own jacket off and wrapping it around his daughter’s shoulders.

“Dad…” Anna warned once again.

“I… I couldn’t not come Anna. I’m sorry I left before the party. Especially since you gave us your news.”

“No dad, I really don’t mind.”

Vaughn smiled, “Your mother would be ecstatic about this…” He said motioning to his daughter’s still flat stomach. “Just like I am.”

“If it’s a girl, we’re naming her Sydney…”

“You don’t have to do that sweetie.”

“I want to. I mean mom had to go though so much with me yet she was still so… so amazing. I’m lucky if I end up being half the mother she was to the three of us.”

Vaughn couldn’t help but smile thinking of the wonderful twenty years he had spent with his wife and growing family. Even with all the pain he wouldn’t trade them for anything.

“We should head back.” Vaughn said touching his daughter’s shoulder. “I don’t want everyone else to get worried.”

“You don’t have to leave dad.”

“No, your mother would want us all together.”

Anna smiled, “I love you daddy.”

“I love you too princess.”

Vaughn couldn’t help but smile as he watched his three beautiful girls, each strongly resembling their mother, posing together for a picture in front of the tree.

“Amazing.” He mumbled looking at the picture he had just taken on the screen of the camera.

“Okay, the whole family!” He said handing the camera off to his middle daughter Catherine’s boyfriend.

Vaughn moved into the picture along with the girls, Nadia, Weiss and their son Andrew.

“Josh comes on!” Vaughn said making a space for his son-in-law of two months.

“Wow, what is this? First new person in 17 years to join the family picture?” Weiss put his hand on Vaughn’s youngest daughters shoulder, “No one since Caitlin right?”

“Nope, we’re pretty picky on who gets in on these.” Vaughn said with a smile.

“Are you sure Michael?” Josh asked hesitantly walking over next to his wife.

“I’m positive.” Vaughn responded just before the picture was taken.

“Food!” Caitlin yelled as the Christmas music was turned back on and Nadia started bringing things to the dining room.

“You know, Sydney liked you.” Vaughn said walking with Josh into the dining room.

“She did? I was never sure...”

Vaughn nodded. “She hated most of Anna’s old boyfriends. Not that she would tell anyone other than me that. Normally she was nice when they were around but the second they were out of the house she was ready to get out the sniper riffle.”

“And she always made fun of you for being over protective.” Catherine said with a smirk as she helped herself to some mashed potatoes.

“Oh but mom told me dad would be mad about Anna playing with boys when she was like five.” Caitlin said as she filled her glass with water.

“Dad?” Anna asked holding back a laugh.

“Oh I was ready to beat up those little punks.” Vaughn said seriously, causing everyone at the table to start laughing.

“Dad we were five! It was kindergarten!”

“Oh but I know what was on their minds!”

“What dad? Holding hands?” Anna said sarcastically.

“Humph.” He said concealing a smirk.

Vaughn watched as his family sat laughing as they discussed Sydney. Even in death she made the world brighter for those she touched during her life. Just her memory caused everyone who knew her to smile. Even if Vaughn wished she were still with him, wished they had had more time; especially as he stared at the empty seat next to him. He still thanked God she had come back to him for a short time. In those twenty years they had restored their small family and quickly expanded on it. They treasured everyday living the life they had always dreamt of; complete with the white picket fence. They had three beautiful daughters and a grandchild on the way. Vaughn knew he hadn’t lost a wife, but had gained a guardian angel who would always be with him.

####################################################
A/N- and it's over - thanks so much for all the support you guys have given me!

Back