Season 4 Resurrection of Lauren

I've been hearing hints that Melissa George is being asked to reprise her role from season 3.
Sounds good since I don't think Vaughn truly got past his rage at her-the whole shooting her dead thing!-would be good if he got closure.

Of course, on Alias, just because she was shot several times dosn't mean she's dead.
But how could they do it?

DarthSloane said:
I've been hearing hints that Melissa George is being asked to reprise her role from season 3.
Sounds good since I don't think Vaughn truly got past his rage at her-the whole shooting her dead thing!-would be good if he got closure.

Of course, on Alias, just because she was shot several times dosn't mean she's dead.
But how could they do it?
[post="1029527"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It'll probably be some rambladi thing, surprise surprise.

But MG's so busy with movies, maybe she won't come back, ha ha, I can only hope. It would be Alias's luck that MG comes back but not Lena.

No we don't need her back. Frankly its her acting (or should I saw "lack thereof") that drove me up the wall.

Seriously...I think we should leave Lauren dead....for sanity purposes.

One season is enough torture...

But like Babs said, with our luck we'll get MG back and not Lena.

Natalia said:
I think it's been made pretty clear by everybody that Lena is never coming back.
[post="1029961"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yes, but her fans are still hoping she will, even though we all know she isn't.

For God's sake why would they even consider bringing Lauren back, it obviously didn't work out.

If they need me to I will go to Alias land and kill her myself and make sure that she stays dead.

If they need me to I will go to Alias land and kill her myself and make sure that she stays dead.

Do you need a helper? ´Cause I am all for it... :P What´s bad remains dead... that´s the golden rule... you do not bring back what hasn´t worked on your show. Period! ;)

Unless you want to piss the hell out of your fandom, again, I might add, and it would probably result in another bad season as last one because Boren as character? Does not work. And I am not even talking about the person (that we don´t speak of) who portrays this character so beautifully! :rolleyes:

ETA: I didn´t know we couldn´t use the W.h.o.r.e.n nickname for Moronen! Hee! Find another though. Heh.

I don't think they'll bring her back. I loved her in s3. Lark is the best couple ever!!!

But, she did get shot, I guess it's time for a change.

Well, melissa wants to come back. I think an interview with melissa is in the news section if I am not mistaken. I think she should come back.
P.S. I think too much :D

I wouldn't have a problem with her returning, only if it was believeable and for a purpose. To have her back just because she was cool in Season 3 is not enough. She has to have a point in the plot somewhere. Season 3 was to get in between Syd and Vaughn, which worked for the season. It was great.
I think there is some good in seeing her return in some way again, her chracter was great. But we'll see what happens. I won't object to seeing her again though that's for sure.

Gosh, If they resurrect Lauren with the Rambaldi juice thing it better be more believable than Alisson Doren!

Suddenly she just walks in, and while it's great to see Merrin Dungey back!-Allison's rebirth was just not believable.

If we got to see Lauren's body come to life again-that would be some cliffhanger!
Still, I believe the show should move on from season 3.
Hopefully that includes less rambaldi-by the end of season 3 it was getting ridiculous!
and less Lauren!

I hated Lauren's character in the beginning and I blame that on the writers, because she was so deadly boring with no spine, mind you she did get better when she was bad and her and Sark being bad together, added a little dimension to the show.

I have to say that I can't personally stand the woman (Melissa George), due to some of her interviews. She is so full of herself, brags about how wonderful she is and how everyone wants her, puke.

Here is a example of what I'm talking about, this is from Scifi Wire.

12-October-04

Alias Door Open For George

Melissa George, who played the duplicitous Lauren Reed in the third season of ABC's Alias, told SCI FI Wire that she tried to leave the door open for her character to return to the show, despite her apparent death in the season finale. "I think she should come back," George said in an interview on the set of her upcoming film, The Amityville Horror. "She got shot a lot. Like, a lot of times. Like, more than any regular person can take. But it was nothing in the heart. [It was in] the arms. And I played it like it didn't hurt her so I could come back. Like, maybe she had a vest on or something. They're like, 'Can you just look like you're in pain?' I'm like, 'Nope. I refuse.'"

The fourth season of Alias is currently in production without George and another former regular, David Anders, who played British henchman Sark in the second and third seasons. George said that she thinks the audience will miss the characters and their interactions with the lead couple, Vaughn (Michael Vartan) and Sydney (Jennifer Garner). "Where's the blond assassin ruining their love life?" George said. "It's like, don't you want the Aryan-looking blondies in the leather?"

Although George won't be returning to the show as a regular character, she has spoken with Alias creator and executive producer J.J. Abrams and several former co-stars about making a guest appearance this season if her schedule permits. "Yeah, they want me to so bad," she said. "So I'm trying to work it out, if I have time. They're all calling me. All of them. Like, 'Please come back!'" Alias returns for a fourth season in January 2005.

If the only problem is that Lauren wasn't shot in the heart just in other places, I can help by going to Alias Land and shooting her in the heart a few times, but of course she won't show that she is in pain again, because this time she will just be dead.

If Lauren comes back, I say Syd should get to kill her this time. Maybe they can have her come back a few eps every season and every time someone new could be the one to off her. I'd like to see what Jack or Dixon would do to the evil Lauren.

jewel said:
If the only problem is that Lauren wasn't shot in the heart just in other places, I can help by going to Alias Land and shooting her in the heart a few times, but of course she won't show that she is in pain again, because this time she will just be dead.
[post="1033181"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
It did look as though she was shot in the head though, but I suppose I should go to the DVD and look at it frame by frame . . . if she absolutely had to come back, personally I'd prefer to see it as a torment-Vaughn vision/dream/flashback/whatever. ;)

Well with Melissa George heading into the filming of Derailed and with reshoots for The Amytiville Horror I reall y don't know when she'd even find the time to come back to Alias, So I also vote for leave her dead..she was a mistake, don't repeat it.

SpyDude said:
Is the rumour true about no Sark in S4?
[post="1034434"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

At least not until the middle of the season. He's a recurring character like he was in S2 or something like that.

Back