Votes: 5 26.3%
  • We should petition against

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Other - Comment

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Tom

An Old Friend
Looking for those great, unforgettable classic commercials you grew up with? Here are the best DVD collections out there!

Amazon.com: History of Advertising Early TV Commercials Volume 1: Artist Not Provided: Movies & TV

This 2-DVD set with 17 clips, is an invaluable resource for researchers, librarians, students and historians on the evolution of TV Commercials. A collector’s item, this 2-DVD set is a must have for all those interested in the birth of Television advertising in the 20th Century Advertising on the radio was well established when television made its debut in the 1940s.

adsdvd1.jpg
advdvd2.jpg
addvd3.jpg
addvd4.jpg
addvd5.jpg
addvd6.jpg
kidcomms08.jpg
comsongs.jpg

comm-dvd08.jpg
comm-dvd08-2.jpg
kidcomms08.jpg
51HAVT72CDL._AA240_.jpg

MORE GREAT CLASSIC TV COMMERCIALS ON DVD:
Amazon.com: Classic TV Commercials: Ones We Never Forgot: Artist Not Provided: Movies & TV

Amazon.com: Classic TV Commercials: What We Lusted For: Artist Not Provided: Movies & TV

Amazon.com: Classic Kids TV Commercials: Classic TV Commercials, Variuous: Movies & TV

i answered ones like too stupid and too many, etc.

i know that to get decent programming now we have to have commercials to pay for them (not like we dont pay enough with taxes) and soon we will be singing jingles like in demolition man.

even the PBS stations are following suit and subtly doing commercials to help pay their way.

i loved the 70's and 80's where the commercials were not the show that you were watching and they were alot more memorable than the ones that we have now.

... i loved the 70's and 80's where the commercials were not the show that you were watching and they were alot more memorable than the ones that we have now.
In the days before the phrase "product placement" was well known.

Anybody watch the last Eureka episode? Not only was "Degree" an obvious shill but... it will actually be the basis of an entire episode this season.

:banghead:

Ever seen The Star Wars Holiday Special with commercials :D

I can't wait to laugh at the stupidity of commercials today when I am 34. That will be one hell of a sight!

Stupid, but sometimes they are good if they are for a good product (I wouldn't have found out about ShamWows without TV commercials).

Demolition Man - the horror, the horror of jingles!
I made a mistake yesterday and, after a several year absence, picked up a snack from Taco Bell. I quickly remembered why I am not a fan of fast food place.

Ever seen The Star Wars Holiday Special with commercials :D

I can't wait to laugh at the stupidity of commercials today when I am 34. That will be one hell of a sight!
You don't have to wait, just check out commercials like...
(I wouldn't have found out about ShamWows without TV commercials).
:D

I mean, seriously, who the heck bought a ShamWow because Vince has told them to?

Too many commercials

More than thirty seconds is too long for me until the program that I'm watching comes on again. I know my mere words can't stop these advertisers, but I wish they'd stop making some commercials that are so creepy and crude humor abundant. It's a shame that some of these companies resort to using cheap tricks rather than using delightful images of fantasy (since we have to watch them anyways).

My votes in this poll were probably the most contradictory out of anyone's.

IMO they should only play the commercials in between programmes, therefore allowing episodes to be longer and letting us take the food out of the oven, go to the bathroom or whatever before our favourite show starts without coming back to find out that we're too late and missed the most important part of the show, like when the killer's name is revealed.

I liked the Timex commercials..."it takes a Lick'n and keeps on Tick'n"...you never knew what they were going to strap the watch to next.

Back