LOTR: Return of the King Quotes

Nad

Cadet
I have a million but post your favorite quotes from ROTK here!!!

"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fail... when we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. This day, we fight!"-Aragorn

"I would have you smile again... not grieve for those whose time has come."-Theoden

"I cannot carry it for you, Mr. Frodo, but I can carry you! "-Sam

"For Frodo."-Aragorn

"I am no man."-Eowyn

"That's for Frodo! And that's for the Shire! And that's for my old Gaffer!"-Sam

"Lord Denethor is Boromir's father. It would be very unwise to bring him news of his beloved sons death. Best not to speak of it. And be careful not to mention Frodo or the ring. Or Aragorn, say nothing of him. In fact, its best if you don't speak at all, Peregrin Took."-Gandalf

"The board is set, the pieces are moving."-Gandalf

"That still only counts as one!"-Gimli

Certain death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?-Gimli

Don't go where I can't follow.-Sam

This is something unheard of! An Elf will pass under a mountain, but a Dwarf dare not! Oh, I'll never hear the end of it! -Gimli

The way is shut. It was made by the dead, and the dead keep it. The way is shut.-Legolas

"I do not fear death!"-Aragorn

There are millions more so post them!

"There's plenty for the both of us. May the best dwarf win" - Gimli

(This is just a rough quote)
"I never thought I'd die side by side with and elf"
"How about with a friend?"
"Aye, I could do that." - Gimli and Legolas

"You should not encourage him."
"And you should not doubt him."
"It is not his heart I doubt, only the reach of his arm." - Eomer and Eowyn

I just have to post it again:

"I am no man!" - Eowyn

:cool: :kicking: :groupwave:

that speach that gandalf says about death i don't know it by heart the ones that were posted are great and the one where gandalf tells um is it merry or perrigin not to say anything LOL

OMG there's so many of them. Most of the dialogues in ROTK are just beautiful...i love them~!

"Put aside the Ranger, become who you were born to be." -Elrond

"My friends, you bow to no one."-Aragorn

"If I should return, think better of me, Father"-Faramir

"Home is behind the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread, through shadow, to the edge of night, till the stars are all alight. Mist and shadow, cloud and shade. All shall fade, all shall... fade. " - Pippin singing to Denethor

"You have the gift of forsight. You saw. "- Arwen
"What did you see? "- Arwen
"I saw death in your future. "-Elrond
"But there was also life. You saw the child, you saw my son. "-Arwen
"Nothing is for certain."-Elrond
"I know that if I leave him, I will regret it for the rest of my life. "-Arwen

"The dead suffer no one."-King of the Dead
"You will suffer me! "-Aragorn

lol, when Sam accuses Gollum of trying to kill them and Gollum says, "NO! Smeagol would never hurt a fly!!! ::smashes fly on his head, kills it and looks at his hand:: AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

"That still only counts as one"- Gimli
"Crumbs on his jacket HE took it" Gollum
" I am no man!"-Eowyn
" Poor Smeagol would'nt hurt a fly[Smacks his head looks down see's a dead fly] AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!- Gollum

Lin said:
"My friends, you bow to no one."-Aragorn

"The dead suffer no one."-King of the Dead
"You will suffer me! "-Aragorn
I loved that first one. The looks on the hobbits faces... priceless :lol:

And the dead scene was so cool :cool:

I loved Pippin's song :(

ILoveVartan said:
that speach that gandalf says about death i don't know it by heart the ones that were posted are great and the one where gandalf tells um is it merry or perrigin not to say anything LOL
Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. There's another path; one that we all must take. The gray rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and it will change to silver glass, and then you see it.
Pippin: See what?
Gandalf: White shores; and beyond them, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Gandalf: Death is not the end, just another path. One which we must take. (pauses and looks at Pippin) The grey veil of this world rolls back and all turns to silver glass... and then you see it.
Gandalf: A green land amongst the sea.
Pippin: That doesn't seem too bad.

Pippin: It's so quiet.
Gandalf: It's the deep breath before the plunge.
Pippin: I don't want to be in a battle. But waiting on the edge of what I can't escape is even worse.

Ah thought of some more

There'll be none left for the journey back.
I don't think there's going to be a journey back. - Frodo and Sam :(

OMI and Gollum's whole convo with himself :rotflmao:

And they doesn't taste very nice, does they, Precious? - Smeagol

What're you doing? Sneaking around you are!
Oh, that's nice! Smeagol leads them places no one else knows of, Smeagol helps Hobbitses and look how he's treated!
I'm sorry, you just startled me that's all. What were you doing?
Sneaking... - Sam and Gollum he's a tricksy little guy :lol:

This is something unheard of! An Elf will pass under a mountain, but a Dwarf dare not! Oh, I'll never hear the end of it! - Gimli :lol:

The last of the longbottom leaf?
I know you've run out. You smoke too much, Pip - Merry and Pippin

Eowyn, why have you come?
Do you not know?
It is but a shadow and a thought that you love. - :( that was the saddest scene

Nad said:
ILoveVartan said:
Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. There's another path; one that we all must take. The gray rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and it will change to silver glass, and then you see it.
Gandalf: White shores; and beyond them, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Gandalf: Death is not the end, just another path. One which we must take. (pauses and looks at Pippin) The grey veil of this world rolls back and all turns to silver glass... and then you see it.
Gandalf: A green land amongst the sea.
Pippin: That doesn't seem too bad.

Pippin: It's so quiet.
Gandalf: It's the deep breath before the plunge.
Pippin: I don't want to be in a battle. But waiting on the edge of what I can't escape is even worse.
THANX I LOVE THAT so poetic LOL

I liked one part where Frodo, Sam and Gollum were climbing up the stairs..frodo almost fell..Gollum wanted to help him but the ring tempted him. In the end, Gollum still helped Frodo up the stairs..but then Sam suspected something amiss and wanted to hit/stab Gollum. Gollum said : What has poor Smeagol ever done to fat hobbit? I can't remember the exact words. I liked How Gollum reacted so innocently. Everyone was so amused and laughed at that part. :lol:

Omg, I pretty much love anything that is said between Legolas and Gimli. They are so funny!

"This is something unheard of! An Elf will pass under a mountain, but a Dwarf dare not! Oh, I'll never hear the end of it!" - Gimli

"I never thought I'd die side by side with and elf"
"How about with a friend?"
"Aye, I could do that." - Gimli and Legolas

"That only counts as one!" Gimli (I think this is my favorite one. It's just so funny!)

all of these are the ones i was going to post!!!

i love pippins song! and you smoke to much pippin! :lol:

all of Gandalfs were great! and the gimli and Legalos lines!

i wish i knew what aragorn said to eowyn, but it is very sketchy in my mind! i would destroy it and i do not want to do that! but i loved that part(mostly because he knew arwen would be his and i felt like eowyn... always losing the guy of your dreams to someone else.....im glad i havent lost a guy to a girl with pointy ears though! ;))

Frodo: [Voiceover] How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart you begin to understand there *is* no going back? There are some things time cannot mend. Some hurts that go too deep... and take hold

Aragorn: I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fail... when we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. This day, we fight

Gimli: I never thought I'd die side by side with an Elf.
Legolas: What about side by side with a friend?
Gimli: Aye. I could do that

That last one is my favourite one though

Ok, this just needs posting again, and again:

Aragorn: 'I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails...when we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day! This day, we fight!'

Theodon: 'Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. It is a sword-day; a red day, ere the sun rises!'

Those are the best quotes of all but here are some other pretty cool ones:

Aragorn: 'Gondor calls for aid!'
Theodon: (pause) 'And Rohan will answer!'

Eomer: 'We can not achieve victory through strength of arms!'
Aragorn: 'Not for ourselves, but we can give Frodo a chance!'

Pippin: 'Is there any hope, Gandalf, for Frodo and Sam?'
Gandalf: 'There never was much hope, just a fools hope.'

Arwen: 'From the ash, a fire will be woken. A light from the darkness shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that is broken. The crownless again shall be king.'

Elrond: 'This is your test, every path you have trod through wilderness, through war, has lead to this road.'

Elrond: [in Elvish] 'I give hope to men.'
Aragorn: [in Elvish] 'I keep none for myself.'

Gandalf: 'Your father loves you Faramir, he will remember before the end!'

Gothmog: 'The age of men is over, the time of the orc has begun!'

Back