Return to Me

When should I update?

• This weekend, with only one chapter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Next weekend with two chapters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ok this is only part one of the first chapter. Please R/R :whistle:

The wedding had been beautiful. Clearly, they were perfect for each other. Green eyes, and brown- they were sure to make a beautiful baby some day soon. She had gotten pregnant on accident, but they were still proud parents-to-be as anyone else would be. They had a healthy, strong baby; at least that’s what the doctor said. It was sure to be smart- they were both geniuses.

Marshall and Carrie danced their first dance as a married couple. Carrie was about eight months pregnant, at almost thirty-one weeks. They had invited all of their friends and family. The Vaughns, Lauren and Michael, were there. Sydney and her father, Jack Bristow was there also. The Bristow’s had an interesting relationship; gradually, they were getting closer. Jack still didn’t like Michael, but Sydney was still in love with him. She still cried herself to sleep. Lauren and Michael were slowly drifting apart. Michael remembered why he fell in love with Lauren- she was so much like Sydney; her spirit, and her passion for her job; she just wasn’t Sydney. To say that Michael loved Sydney was an understatement. There isn’t a word to describe how he felt about her.

Before their wedding, Marshall and Carrie formulated a plan to get Sydney and Michael to at least admit how they felt about each other. Marshall was to dance with Sydney, and Michael with Carrie. At the given signal, from Carrie, they would switch so that Michael was dancing with Sydney and Marshall with Carrie. They knew that Lauren wasn’t right for Michael, but at the time of their marriage, no one could say anything that would make sense to stop them. They had thought Sydney was dead.

“How are you, Michael?” Carrie asked.
“Good. Thank you. You look beautiful, even though you don’t feel it.”
“You’re right. I look like a whale, and I still have a month to go.”
“You’re pretty good at this dancing, even for someone who’s pregnant.” Carrie hit him in the arm. “Ow!” he said, “I guess I deserved that.”

Across the room, Sydney had been dancing with Marshall.
“Having fun, Sydney?” Marshall asked, with a big smile.
“Yes, Marshall, I am. Thank you.”
“Who are you here with?”
“Just my dad,” she said with a sigh. Marshall knew she was thinking about Michael once again. Carrie gave the signal, almost unnoticeable.
“Hey, Sydney, do you mind if we switch? Carrie wants to tell me something.”
“Oh, not at all.” Marshall turned Sydney so that she ended up in Michael’s arms. When Sydney realized she was dancing with Michael, she quickly thought of a way to get out of it, she had been avoiding him more and more lately. The pain hurt too badly.
“Excuse me,” she said, and turned around and walked out of the hall. She never turned her head to look back. She couldn’t let him see how much he affected her, still; she didn’t want him to see her cry, especially over him.
“Sydney! Wait!” he called after her. Lauren watched the whole thing from the side of the room. She had never liked Marshall or Carrie. She was nice to them, though. They were Michael’s friends.

Sydney went outside. She went across the way to where with a center pond with a fountain in it stood. There was a gate around it, not much shorter than her. She needed to let her mind drift. She knew Michael had followed her, but she didn’t know for how far.

He walked outside and down the steps of the hall. He walked up behind her, loud enough so that she would know he was there, but still quiet enough so that he wouldn’t look conspicuous.
“Want to talk about what just happened in there? I know you have been avoiding me, and I want that to stop.”
“You of all people, Vaughn, should know why I’m acting like this.” She had tears coming down her face, but she had kept her voice steady.
“Then I’m guessing this is about Lauren, something that I thought you had moved passed, both of you. I told you that I didn’t regret moving on. I still don’t. I do regret giving up on you, but I just couldn’t take it anymore. Weiss told you a while back that when I lost you, I disappeared. I went to France, to visit my family. I tried to forget about you, but everywhere I went, I thought about how much you would like being there with me. Then I met Lauren, it was right before I left the Agency. She saved me. I love her for that.”
“You love her just because she saved your life? I did that three years ago, in FRANCE!”
“But you died to me.”
“I’m here now!”
“You can’t expect me to just drop everything in my life just because you came back!” He regretted it as soon as the words left his mouth. He knew she would have done that for him.
“You’re right, Vaughn. I can’t. If you’ll excuse me now, I’m going to go find Marshall and Carrie and tell them goodbye.” She began to walk away, but he called her again.
“Sydney…” She turned around to see what he would say. There was nothing. He had nothing to say.
“Good night, Vaughn.” With that she turned and headed for the hall in search of the newlyweds. She found them happily dancing.

“Hi guys. I’m going to go. I’ll talk to you tomorrow. The wedding was beautiful. Carrie, you look incredible. Bye.” She turned around and left, but Carrie tried, as best she could, to chase after her.
“Sydney, wait.” Carrie had become her closest girlfriend, as much as that’s possible. “Sydney. What happened out there?”
“Some things that needed to be said finally got said. Not everything, but some things. I’m going to go now though, before I draw even more attention to myself.”

hey looks lilke im the first to reply....that was so great im really glad uposted this here, i think it is so beautifully writen, and this is just the beginining... anyway great chapter
and u probaly already know i want a pm lol but im asking anyway.. can i get a pm?

awww it's beautiful! though so sad :( *cries* why! why! *dies* :lol: anyways you have to post more of this! please!
--mandy :angelic:

stoopid vaughn....you stoopid man....poor syd why does vaughn have to be such a butt i mean i feel so bad for syd :P ;) i hope this turns out with a happy ending at least :P : )great writing please post more and please PM meeh appreciate it :P : )

Awww, I really need to stop reading this sad fics about Syd and Vaughn, problem is, they're too addicting!! AHHH Fanfics are addicting, haha they should put warning ads on them like cigarette cartons, WARNING: FANFICS CONTAIN ADDICTIVE MATERIAL, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK, or something like that ;)
Anywayz..PM me when you update! :smiley:

Whitney this is so good!!!!
Please please please comtinue!! And please PM me when you update. :D
Also, thanks to Katy for the PM about this awesome story!! :D

Karie

Waaw..This is good :D
I like it A LOT!!! :smiley:
I hope that you'll post some more soon and I really hope that you'll find a way to bring Sydney and Vaughn back together ;)
Oh...could you please add me to your pm list?Thank you! :smiley:

Back