Return to Reality

awwww...I absolutely loved the update!!!

thank godness, that Vaughn and Syd didn't marry too...Jack would have :blowup: :D

can't wait for more!!!

thx for the PM!

Just caught up with this. Jack is so funny. Upset because Jenny eloped. I guess Weiss should start to worry shouldn't he? Now Jack has two CIA agents to terrorize. I like the baby's name.
Thanks for the PM

Okay, It's been a week and a half since I've updated :hide: I'm a very bad author. I can't update today. I have like 50 updates to read. Hopefully I can update this weekend, but I can't make any promises. :smiley:

Chapter 33

Sydney woke up completely refreshed. Sydney rolled over to see Vaughn still asleep. Sydney didn’t want to wake him up, but they had to get ready to go home.

They spent their long weekend in Las Vegas relaxing. The couple also spent time with the newlyweds; Sydney no longer needed to nag them about getting married.

Sydney noticed Vaughn was beginning it stir and lightly kissed his lips.

”Good morning beautiful,” Vaughn smiled, opening his eyes.

Sydney blushed, Vaughn smiled knowing after everything they’ve done he could still make Sydney blush with a simple compliment. ”I don’t want to go home.”

“I don’t either.”

”Jenny and Eric should have decided to get married a couple weeks ago, then I would have been able to fly and we could stay longer.”

”I wouldn’t have let you fly though.” Vaughn smiled kissing Sydney good morning.

Sydney rolled her eyes playfully and kissed Vaughn’s cheek before getting out of bed.

“I’m going to take a shower,” Sydney raised her eyebrows as she got clothes out her suitcase.

”Okay,” Vaughn winked.

After a long shower, Sydney and Vaughn quickly got dressed and ate breakfast. Then they were on their way.

Around three, Vaughn pulled into their driveway. Sydney was sleeping; the pregnancy was really wearing her out.

”Syd, honey, we’re home.” Vaughn said, trying to wake her up after he carried all their bags inside.

”Mmmm, Michael,”

”Come on, let’s go inside.”

Vaughn led a half-asleep Sydney inside and got her comfortable on the couch. He covered her with a blanket and kissed her forehead.

Vaughn called Jack; they promised they would call him when they were home. He offered to bring over some take out for dinner.

After talking to Jack, Vaughn took all their dirty laundry from Las Vegas and separated it so he could wash it.

Vaughn started washing the clothes and was going to go upstairs and finish unpacking when he heard Sydney call for him.

”What’s wrong?” Vaughn asked, concerned.

”When did we get home and how did I get on the couch?”

”We got home about an hour ago, you were asleep. I woke you up enough to get you to walk inside. You went right back to sleep.”

”Oh okay.”

”I talked to your dad; he’s bringing dinner around 6.”

”Okay.”

“I’m going to go finish unpacking.”

Vaughn began to walk upstairs, when Sydney stopped him.

”Yeah?”

Sydney smiled,”I love you.”

”I love you, too.”

Sydney lay back down, deciding that she would rest for a couple more minutes, before her dad got here.

An hour later, Sydney woke up when somebody rang the doorbell. Sydney rubbed the sleep out of her eyes, and saw Vaughn greet her dad at the door.

Sydney threw the blanket off of her and walked over to her dad.

”Hey, daddy.”

”Hi, Sweetheart,” Jack smiled, hugging his daughter. “Are you okay?”

”Yeah, I just woke up.”

Jack bent down so he was eyelevel with Sydney’s stomach. ”Jonathan, have you been keeping mommy up late? You need to let her sleep. You better listen to your grandpa.”

’That’s sweet, but Jonathan wasn’t the one who kept me up late.’ Sydney mused.

“I bought Chinese, I hope that’s okay?”

”That’s more than okay, that’s wonderful. Thanks, daddy.” Sydney smiled, walking towards the kitchen, her dad right behind her.

Vaughn had already set the table and gotten everybody a glass of sweet tea.

“Daddy, we have something we need to tell you.”

”Oh God, you eloped, too.”

”No,” Vaughn quickly replied.

”Michael and I decided we wanted to get married before the baby is born.”

”So do you have a date in mind?”

”Yeah, next Friday” Sydney smiled.

”Really? That gives you less than a week to plan the wedding.”

”Well, my mom knows this priest that can do the ceremony. If it’s okay with you, we’d like to have the wedding in your backyard. Then we can have the reception at Francie’s restaurant.” Vaughn explained.

”What about a dress?” Jack asked.

”We decided it would be very casual. Michael can wear a suit and I have a cream colored dress that will be perfect.”

”Congratulations. It’s about time you two got married.” Jack exclaimed.

”Thank you, daddy.”

”Thanks Jack.”

“There is something I need to tell you, that’s why I wanted to have dinner tonight.” Jack started.

”What is it daddy?”

”The CIA finally agreed to let Irina get out of her cell. She has to live under 24 hour surveillance, but they’re allowing her to move into a real house.”

”Really?” Sydney asked.

”Yeah, but that’s not all.” Jack paused. “Your mother and my marriage is still legal, we decided that she would just move in with me.”

”What!?” Sydney and Vaughn both exclaimed.

Jack Bristow blush, he actually blushed, that shocked Sydney and Vaughn more than the actual announcement.

”Wow,” Sydney muttered.

”Are you mad, upset, happy?” Jack asked.

“I think I’m happy about it. I can’t tell with these messed up hormones.”

Jack and Vaughn chuckled.

”Well, congratulations Jack.”

The small group finished eating their Chinese food as they talked about Irina, the baby, and the wedding.

Jack stayed until 8; they drank coffee, tea for Sydney, and talked. Sydney and Vaughn were exhausted by the time Jack left. Sydney had at least napped, Vaughn had driven all five hours home, done the laundry, cleaned up, and unpacked while Sydney was sleeping. Vaughn was hoping the last six weeks of Sydney’s pregnancy wouldn’t make her so tired.

Sydney and Vaughn didn’t care if it was still early. They went upstairs, slipped into their pajamas, and fell asleep.

~*~

The next week was spent frantically planning Sydney and Vaughn’s wedding. Friday came; it was the day before the wedding.

Seven and a half months pregnant Sydney said her teary goodbye in the middle of the Ops Center.

”Michael, I’ll miss you so much.”

”Honey, it’s just one night. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

”I know, but I’m still going to miss you.”

Vaughn gave Sydney a chaste kiss on the lips, “I’ll miss you, too.”

”I know Eric, Will, Marshall, and Brian are coming over later. You better not get drunk. I don’t want a hung-over husband.”

”Okay, I won’t drink.”

”You can’t let Will or Eric drink. I don’t want drunk groomsmen at our wedding.”

”No one will drink. I promise.”

”Okay, good.”

”You’re not allowed to drink either.”

Sydney gave him a ‘well duh’ look, “There will be no alcohol at the woman’s pre-wedding party.”

”Okay.”

Sydney saw Jenny, Carrie, and Lisa impatiently waiting for her. ”Honey, I’ve got to go. I’ll see you at our wedding. I love you.”

”I love you.” Vaughn smiled, kissing Sydney tenderly.

”Bye” Sydney wiped her eyes and walked away with the rest of the girls. All the woman in the wedding were staying at Francie’s house, the men staying at Eric’s.

~*~

The guys sat around watching the hockey game.

”Are you sure we’re not allowed to drink?” Eric asked.

”I’m sure. I promised Sydney. She said she didn’t want people drunk and hung-over at her wedding.”

”She’s got you so whipped.” Brian laughed.

”I know,” Vaughn smiled.

”How’d you talk us into this? I’d rather be spending the night with my wife, instead of you.” Eric sighed.

”Sydney threatened you with Jack.”

”Oh yeah, that’s right.” Eric chuckled.

”I wonder what the girls are doing right now.” Brian thought aloud.

”They’re watching a chick flick, eating popcorn, and crying their eyes out.” Vaughn said.

”How do you know that?” Weiss asked, amazed.

”Sydney told me that they were going to watch chick flicks, eat popcorn and cry their eyes out.”

The men just shook their heads.

~*~

The women had just finished watching Sleepless in Seattle.

”I love that movie.” Sydney sighed.

”Me too,” The girls agreed.

”I think we need ice cream.” Sydney stated.

”I have coffee ice cream for you.” Francie smiled.

”You’re the best, Fran.” Sydney said, getting up and waddling into the kitchen. Sydney came back a minute later with a pint of Ben and Jerry’s coffee ice cream.

”Lisa, I don’t want to be nosy, but you have to tell me what’s going on between you and Brian.” Sydney said.

”Syd, there is nothing going on between the two of them, how many times do we have to tell you?” Jenny sighed.

No one, but Sydney, noticed Lisa blush. Sydney raised an eyebrow.

”But they’re so adorable together. No one cares about protocol. I heard Kendall even had a crush on a secretary on the fifth floor.” Sydney laughed.

”No way, Kendall has feelings.” Carrie gasped.

Sydney nodded.

”Come on Lisa, tell us.” Sydney nagged.

”Here comes the nagging.” Jenny sighed.

”Shut up Jenny, Lisa is trying to talk.”

”Well, I... I like him. We’re going out for lunch sometime next week.”

“Together?” Jenny said, shocked that her sister was right.

”Duh, Jenny. Who was right?” Sydney rolled her eyes. “I should have bet on it like some people did with my baby.” Sydney said, pointedly looking at Jenny.

”I lost too. I had to clean Eric’s dirty bathroom.”

”You deserved it.”

“You’re such a great sister.” Jenny rolled her eyes.

“I know I am.” Sydney smiled, lying down on the couch. This was going to be an interesting night.

:lol:

Back