Return to Reality

I finally stopped procrastinating and posted this.. I know I said a week and it's been almost two... :blush: Thank you for reading.

You can read The Real World right here!

Return to Reality

Author: Me *Katy*
Summary: This is set right after the Real World. Sydney and Vaughn are going to start their new life now that Sloane’s dead and Sark and Leslie are in Custody. They still have to work out some details on their wedding, and they
have to try for their baby. Basically it’s all fluff.
Rating: PG to PG-13, mild language, there is some suggestive things *raises
eyebrows*…
Spoilers: After Phase One
Ship: S/V, what else!
Disclaimer: I don’t own Alias, it belongs to J.J., ABC, Bad Robot, etc. If I did own Alias S/V would be together on the show and I wouldn’t be sitting here writing this fic. I do own Jenny, Aaron, Leslie, and whatever other character I decide to add.

Reality- \Re*al"i*ty\, n.; pl. Realities. The state or quality of being real; actual being or existence of anything, in distinction from mere appearance; fact

Everything you can imagine is real.
-Pablo Picasso

Reality is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs.
-Lily Tomlin

Reality is something you rise above.
-Liza Minnelli

I believe in looking reality straight in the eye and denying it. -Garrison Keillor

The real distinction is between those who adapt their purposes to reality and those who seek to mold reality in the light of their purposes.
-Henry Kissinger

Realism...has no more to do with reality than anything else.
-Hob Broun

Chapter 1

Vaughn lied there in the CIA airplane that is taking them back to Los Angeles. Sydney was curled up in his arms, her hair is matted down and her eyes are swollen from the crying she had been doing, but to Vaughn she neverlooked more beautiful.
After they left Sloane’s Tuscan villa, Sydney and Vaughn were told they were catching back a plane to LA right away. It hadn’t really hit Sydney that Sloane was dead and Sark was caught until they got on the plane. Then it was like the dam broke. All the years of resentment and hate were over. Sydney spent the first hour and a half of the plane ride crying in Vaughn’s arms.
After Vaughn finally got her to calm down, Jack encouraged them to go get some rest in the bedroom in the back of the plane, and that was where they were now. Sydney is sound asleep head resting on Vaughn’s chest. Vaughn knew he should sleep, but he knew he wouldn’t be able to with his mind racing the way it was. Not only were Sloane and Sark out his life, but he and Sydney had a wedding to plan in a week and a half, and his mom was coming to town.
Vaughn let out a sigh, but immediately regretted it, seeing that is caused Sydney to stir. Her eyes fluttered open. Syd leaned up and gave Vaughn a loving kiss.

“Michael, did you get any sleep?” Sydney asked groggily.

”No…” Vaughn said quietly.

”Vaughn,” Sydney protested.

”I was too busy thinking about life.”

Sydney rolled off Vaughn, so her head was on her pillow. She propped herself up on her elbow. “You should’ve gotten some sleep.” Sydney looked at Vaughn
with a worried expression.

”I’ll be fine.” Vaughn said, kissing her nose.

”Vaughn, do you still want to get married so soon? There is so much going on, and we’ll be so busy.”

Vaughn stopped Sydney by giving her a lingering kiss.

”What do you think?” Vaughn asked.

”I didn’t know if you were having second thought. Maybe you’d be better off with someone more normal than me, without so much baggage.”

”Sydney. I love you so much. I want to spend my life with you. I can’t imagine spending my life with someone else. Why are you so worried all of a sudden?”

”I don’t know. I just am.”

”You have nothing to be worried about.” Vaughn put his arms around Sydney and pulled her into his welcoming embrace. He kissed the top of her head.

”Vaughn?”

”Yeah?”

”I love you, too.”

Sydney fell back to sleep. Vaughn was finally able to get some rest knowing
everything would be alright as long as he and Sydney were together.

A few hours later, Sydney and Vaughn were woken up from their peaceful sleep. The captain came over the intercom and announced that they would be landing in LA soon. Sydney and Vaughn had to go to the main cabin and put on their seatbelts.
When Sydney and Vaughn walked out the bedroom they saw that Marshall and Weiss were asleep. Marshall’s head resting on Weiss’s shoulder, Weiss’s head was leaned back and he had drool hanging from his mouth. Jack was sitting near the front of the plane. He was doing the written report for the mission. Vaughn grabbed Sydney’s hand and led her to their seats so they could buckle up.

Fifteen minutes later the plane was pulling on to the runway at a private CIA airport. A black Government Issue car was already there waiting to bring everyone back to the Joint Task Facility. Jack, Weiss, Marshall, Sydney, and
Vaughn squeezed into the car and prepared themselves for an extremely long
debrief. When they arrived at JTF, Kendall was waiting by the door.

”Welcome back. It’s nice to have the CIA’s best assets back. I’m sure you
all want to go home, so let’s go get this debrief started.”

Everyone headed to the nearest conference room and started debriefing. Two hours later they were finally finished. Kendall stood up to leave, when Vaughn stopped him.

”Kendall, Agent Bristow and I have something to tell you.”

Kendall sat back down, as Jack, Marshall, and Weiss headed out. Weiss leaned over and whispered a good luck to Sydney and Vaughn.

”This better be important you two. I have a meeting in five minutes.” Kendall said annoyed.

”I’m so sorry we’re taking up your precious time,” Sydney said sarcastically, “We are here to tell you, as a courtesy, that we will be getting married next week.” Then Sydney threw in, “Don’t be waiting for your invitation, because it’s not coming.”

Vaughn smirked, as Sydney grabbed his hand and led him out the room.

”That didn’t go too bad,” Sydney chuckled.

”Just wait till we get pregnant and have to tell him that.” Vaughn commented, rubbing Sydney’s flat stomach.

”I can’t believe in a few months that there will be a baby in there.” Sydney said, smiling at the thought.

”We’re going to have a beautiful baby and you’re going to be such a wonderful mother.”

”You’re going to be a great daddy. Our child is going to be so spoiled by their daddy.” Sydney laughed.

”Syd, lets go home.”

”That sounds wonderful.”

Sydney grabbed Vaughn’s hand and intertwined their fingers as they headed
for Vaughn’s car, so they could finally go home.

”Vaughn, can we go to your house? I’m so tired, I just want to sleep. If we go to my house we’ll have to stay up with Francie and Will.”

”Okay. Sounds like a plan to me,” Vaughn said switching lanes, so they could
go to his house.

They were almost at to Vaughn’s house when Sydney thought of something.

”Vaughn, when we get married, after we get back from our honeymoon, where
are we going to live? I love Francie to pieces, but I don’t want to live
there with her after we get married.”

”You could move into my house, or we could find a new house,” Vaughn
suggested.

”Maybe we could live in your house for a while, then decide. How does that
sound?”

”As long as we’re together, it sounds perfect to me.”

Vaughn pulled into the driveway of his two-story house. When Vaughn’s mom lived in LA years ago she bought this house, but then she moved back to France and left Vaughn the house. It was almost too big for him. It had 5 bedrooms, which were used as offices and storage rooms, two bathrooms, and a big back yard. With Vaughn’s job it was too much for him, but he kept it
anyway, because it is the perfect house to raise a family in. The more
Sydney thought about it, the better she thought this house was.

”Sydney.”

”hmm?”

”We’re here.”

”Okay” Sydney opened the door and hopped out Vaughn’s black government issue Sedan.

Much to her dismay, Vaughn carried both of their bags inside. Vaughn quickly
unlocked the door and set the bags inside. Sydney walked through the door
into the house. She looked around and finally decided that Vaughn’s house
was perfect.

Vaughn came over and wrapped his arms around Sydney’s waist. ”I love you,
Sydney Bristow.”

”I love you, too, Michael.”

”Syd, I know we’re getting married next week, but will you move in with me?”

Sydney let her dimples come out of hiding. ”I’d like that.”

Vaughn gave Sydney a passionate kiss. He began placing a trail of kisses all the way down her neck.

”Vaughn?”

“What?” He said huskily.

”If you don’t stop that, we won’t get any sleep tonight.”

”Do you have a problem with that?”

Sydney gave up and moved her lips to meet Vaughn’s, the kiss soon became
very heated, tongues exploring eachother’s mouths. Vaughn picked Sydney up and carried her upstairs to their bedroom.

:woot:

yaay! The sequel is finally started...and it promises to be just as good!

I love that Vaughn already has a house for a big family!!!

Yay! This is so exciting, I was thrilled to see a PM from you! I'm so glad that you decided to start the sequel... yay!!! :D Thanks for putting me on the PM list! Can't wait for more.

”I’m so sorry we’re taking up your precious time,” Sydney said sarcastically, “We are here to tell you, as a courtesy, that we will be getting married next week.” Then Sydney threw in, “Don’t be waiting for your invitation, because it’s not coming.”

Syd is so c0ol!!

aaaaawwwww...so cute!!!
They're moving in together!!!
and love how syd told kendall about him not getting an invitation!!!
and great job!!!
Loving this sequel!!!
update soon!!!

wow it really sucks being grounded for almost two months but i caught up on all the updates last night and this morning... and thanks for all the pms :D

yeah...you posted the sequel!!!

When Sydney and Vaughn walked out the bedroom they saw that Marshall and Weiss were asleep. Marshall’s head resting on Weiss’s shoulder, Weiss’s head was leaned back and he had drool hanging from his mouth.
:lol:

”Vaughn?”

“What?” He said huskily.

”If you don’t stop that, we won’t get any sleep tonight.”

”Do you have a problem with that?”
:D I wouldn't have a problem with that! :rotflmao:

great beginning!!!

can't wait for more!!!

thx for the PM!

OMG :P SEQUAL WHOA :D :D :lol: :rolleyes: :smiley: ;)
so happy i love this fic and it is getting better (y)
thanx for the pm :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:
as you can tell i'm a tad excited (or it could be all that caffine i just had)
either way it was really good

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

yay you started the sequel!!!!! so excited! *starts jumping up & down* i loved the part with kendall! hehe ok so thanks 4 the pm & update soon!!
~marisa

Back