Return to Reality

Thank you gals so much for reading. I'm sorry I didn't post this sooner I got back Saturday, but with the Forth and a ton of updates on other stories I haven't had time to post!!

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>HAPPY FIFTH OF JULY!!!!</span>

I missed the forth :P Happy Late Independence Day!!

A warm welcome to Sweet-yet-sour :welcome:

Now on with the show :lol:

Chapter 9

After occupying their time with lots of make-up sex, Sydney and Vaughn wondered into the main cabin of the plane just in time for the pilot to announce they would be landing in 10 minutes. Sydney and Vaughn took their seats right next to Jenny and Weiss. Weiss and Jenny immediately noticed the difference in their attitudes.

Weiss leaned over to Jenny and whispered, “Maybe we should have a fight so we have hot make up sex like they just did. Look at the smiles on their faces.” Jenny just snickered and playfully smacked Weiss on the arm.

Sydney leaned over in Weiss’s direction. ”Weiss, you do know I’m a spy and just heard what you said, right?” Weiss just blushed as Sydney laid her head on Vaughn’s shoulder and grabbing his free hand to intertwine their fingers.

“I love you, Vaughn,” Sydney whispered. Vaughn placed a chaste kiss on Sydney’s forehead

”I love you, too.” Vaughn whispered back.

Soon the plane landed. Sydney, Vaughn, Weiss, Jenny and Jack headed to the hotel for the night. Jack got his own room and paid for two other rooms. One was supposed to be for Weiss and Vaughn, the other for Jenny and Sydney, but Jack knew those sleeping arrangements weren’t going to work. Jack was right. Five minutes after he had closed the door to his hotel room Sydney, Vaughn, Jenny, and Weiss were in the hall to figure out new arrangements.

Sydney and Vaughn took the bedroom farthest away from Jack. Weiss and Jenny took
the other one, claiming that they’d just be sleeping anyways.

Weiss and Jenny went to their room, leaving Sydney and Vaughn alone in an empty hotel hall. Before Weiss and Jenny’s door shut Sydney was already on Vaughn, nipping at the soft spot right below his ear. Vaughn somehow managed to get Sydney into the room. On the way to the bed, Sydney and Vaughn tripped over a bag and fell to the floor, but that didn’t stop Sydney. She kept on going. Soon Vaughn was too lost in Sydney’s touch to stop her and they made love on the hotel room floor. In the early hours of the
morning, Vaughn had woken up and carried Sydney to bed. He crawled in after her
and soon they were both peacefully asleep.

The next morning was one of those rare mornings where Sydney woke up first. She looked around her surroundings to see they were actually in bed, not on the floor. She quickly realized Vaughn had carried her to bed. Sydney rolled over to lay on top of Vaughn. She gave him a light kiss to wake him up. Vaughn was awake instantly and deepened the kiss, but Sydney stopped him before they got to carried away.

”Michael, we have to go to work soon.”

“Do we have to?”

“Yes, now get your ass out of bed.”

“Aw. Syd, five more minutes.”

“Sorry honey, but you know if we weren’t such bunnies we wouldn’t be this tired.”

“You weren’t complaining about that last night.”

”I never said being bunnies was a bad thing. I just said were tired because we are bunnies. Now stop talking and get up.”

Vaughn reluctantly got of the safe haven that was their bed shortly followed by Sydney. Vaughn began to head to the bathroom, Sydney at his heels.

”I’m going to take a shower,” Vaughn told Sydney.

”I know. Why do you think I’m following you?”

Vaughn just gave Sydney that seductive, dimpled grin and led her to the shower.

”And you’re the one complaining about being bunnies.” Vaughn joked.

After a long shower Sydney and Vaughn walked around the hotel room making sure everything was packed and then went to Jack’s room to let him know they were ready to check out.

When they got to Jack’s room they saw something they would never forgot. Sydney and Vaughn did all they could to not laugh. Lying, passed out on the bed was a drunken Jack. He was wearing his famous monkey pajamas, but this time he had matching slippers. On top of Jack’s head was a matching sleeping cap. Vaughn heard a loud racket and turned around to see that the TV was on. Jack had been watching the soap opera channel. Vaughn pointed that out to Sydney and she could no longer hold in her giggles. At the sound of laughter Jack jumped out of bed and tripped over his overnight bag, falling flat on his face.

Jack quickly got up and sprinted to the bathroom. Sydney and Vaughn snickered at the sight they just saw. That is something they both wouldn’t be forgetting anytime soon. Jack finally managed to sober up enough to take a shower and get dressed, but was still a little out of it when the group left the hotel.

Weiss, Jenny, Vaughn, Sydney, and Jack got into their van and headed for Vladimir Romanov’s house.

The mission was completed without any trouble. The group watched Romanov for a day then early the next morning when he was going to his office they kidnapped him and brought him into CIA custody. They flew back that day as soon as they were sure Romanov was secure. The plane ride home wasn’t eventful. Jack slept off his hangover. Sydney and Vaughn spent their time in the other bedroom. Weiss and Jenny stayed in the main cabin and slept. The group arrived home early Sunday morning. As soon as Sydney and Vaughn got home, they went to sleep, not bothering to unpack their bags or even change into pajamas.

Sydney woke up around noon on Sunday; she rolled over to see Vaughn wasn’t there. Then she remembered Amelia was still in town, that Vaughn was downstairs with her. Sydney decided to take a shower and change out of her dirty clothes before joining Vaughn and Amelia.

After a quick shower, Sydney walked downstairs to see that Amelia and Vaughn
were no where to be found. She wondered into the kitchen to see a note on the counter in Vaughn’s handwriting.

Syd,
It’s about time you got out of bed. It’s 11:30 now. My mom wanted to go visit an old friend of hers and of course her friend wanted to see “adorable little Mikey-poo.” Her words not mine. We’re just going out to lunch. We’ll probably be home by 2, 3 at the latest. I wish I was there in bed with you, even though you won’t be in bed when you’re reading this. I made you a sandwich, it’s on the counter. I’ll miss you. I love you.

Always yours,
Michael

Sydney looked on the counter, there was a sandwich. Just the way she likes it, too. What did I ever do to deserve him? Michael is so sweet and thoughtful. Sydney thought. Sydney ate her sandwich and then watched a little TV when a car pulled into the driveway. She jumped up and ran to the door. She swung it open for Vaughn and pulled him into a smoldering kiss.

Vaughn was about to slam the door and take Sydney upstairs when he remembered his mom was right behind him, watching their display of affection. Vaughn quickly pulled away from Sydney. Sydney gave him a questioning look, before she looked behind her and saw an amused Amelia. Sydney jumped back farther away from Vaughn instantly. Amelia just laughed.

”It’s okay. I remember what it’s like to be young and in love.” Amelia reasoned.

Sydney and Vaughn just blushed. They moved out of the doorway and Amelia walked inside.

Vaughn leaned over and whispered to Sydney, “If I had known I was going to
get a greeting like that I would have left my mom somewhere else.”

Sydney just giggled and grabbed Vaughn’s hand before following Amelia into
the living room. Sydney and Vaughn sat on the couch, and Amelia decided to sit on the loveseat.

”How was your friend, Amelia?” Sydney asked politely.

”She was good; she was disappointed you weren’t there, because all I talked about all weekend was how cute you and Michael were.” Sydney blushed.

”Mom…” Vaughn complained.

”Well I can’t help it I’m my son is marrying the most amazing woman.” Sydney and Vaughn looked at eachother, and gave eachother’s hands a reassuring squeeze.

”About our engagement-” Vaughn started.

”Michael and I decided to wait a few months before we start to thinking about a wedding. We felt we were just rushing it and wanted to slow down.” Sydney finished for him.

“I completely understand, but you better call and tell me as soon as you do set a date.” Amelia said.

”We will,” Sydney smiled at how her future mother-in-law’s understanding.

”Good. Now I want to know when I’ll be getting grandchildren.” Amelia asked.

Vaughn blushed, “Mom…”

“What? All my friends have grandchildren and show me pictures and tell me how cute their grandkids are. I’m ready to rub my grandchildren’s pictures in their faces.”

Sydney recovered from Amelia’s question a lot sooner than Vaughn and answered her, “We think we’re going to start trying soon.”

A huge grin burst on to Amelia’s face. ”That is the best news I’ve ever heard.”

Sydney and Vaughn just smiled at each other, happy they made Amelia so happy.

The rest of the afternoon was spent leisurely, talking about plans for the future.

After a lazy afternoon and a quick dinner, Sydney, Vaughn, and Amelia decided to do something fun before Sydney and Vaughn had to go back to work tomorrow. Vaughn suggested going to a hockey game, but Sydney and Amelia turned him down and decided to go to the new mall a few minutes away and do some shopping. Vaughn didn’t like that idea, but agreed to go with them anyway.

Amelia, Vaughn, and Sydney piled into Vaughn’s car and drove the short way
to Pemberly Mall. Amelia and Sydney were like two kids in a candy store. They went from store to store spending more and more money. When Amelia and Vaughn went to an antiques store, Sydney claimed she had to go to the bathroom. Instead of going to the bathroom she went to Victoria’s Secret to get a present for Vaughn.

He needs a present after taking two women shopping, Sydney smirked. She quickly went in; knowing she only had a minute. She found something she knew Vaughn would like, hid the bag, and went to meet him and Amelia. She quickly found them in the small
antiques store, right where they said they would be. Sydney snuck up on Vaughn
and put her arms around him. Vaughn turned her around and was about to place a
kiss upon her lips when someone interrupted them.

”No PDA you two.” Sydney turned around to see Weiss and Jenny standing there smirking at them.

“Syd, look who my mom and I ran into before we came in here” Vaughn said dryly.
Sydney just laughed.

“Don’t be such a grump.” Weiss said.

”You don’t want to scar anymore little kids” Jenny joked; Weiss had obviously told her about Home Depot. Sydney and Vaughn blushed. A second later, Amelia came around the corner.

”Are you kids ready to go somewhere else?” Amelia asked.

”We’ll follow you wherever you want to go.” Sydney answered.

Amelia began leading the way, followed by Sydney, Vaughn, Weiss, and Jenny. They went to a couple more stores before going home.

Weiss and Jenny met the others at Vaughn’s house. Amelia had made a chocolate pie and had invited Weiss and Jenny over for dessert. Of course, Weiss accepted that invitation.

They all arrived at Vaughn’s house within a few minutes. It wasn’t 10 minutes after they got home the pie was gone. After she finished receiving compliments about how great her pie was from the other 4 people, Amelia headed upstairs for a good night’s sleep. Weiss and Jenny headed towards the living room while Syd and Vaughn made everyone some coffee. Sydney put the kettle on the stove and sat down on the counter waiting for it to finish. Vaughn walked over to Sydney after cleaning all the dishes. Vaughn wrapped his arms around Sydney. Sydney jumped off the counter and into Vaughn’s welcoming embrace. She leaned forward and gave Vaughn an affectionate kiss. The kiss deepened. Vaughn and Sydney were about to head up stairs and forget Weiss and Jenny when the kettle began to whistle.

”Coffee’s done.” Sydney said separating herself from Vaughn.

Vaughn pulled Sydney back into his arms. “They can wait a few more
minutes.”

”Michael, they’re waiting.” Sydney mumbled between kisses.

“We can be quick I promise.”

Sydney gave Vaughn a long, passionate kiss. Sydney and Vaughn went into the
bathroom. They quickly and quietly made love, neither being able to wait a few more hours until they went to bed. Sydney and Vaughn got dressed swiftly and walked back into the kitchen. Sydney poured the coffee into 4 cups and took them to the living room, followed by Vaughn.

Sydney handed Weiss and Jenny a cup of coffee.

”What took y’all so long; the coffee was done 10 minutes ago.” Jenny asked with a smirk. Sydney and Vaughn blushed.

”We probably don’t want to know what they were doing.” Weiss answered. Sydney and Vaughn just smiled back, not offering a response.

”See what I mean, we don’t want to know.” Weiss responded. “Y’all couldn’t
wait 2 hours until we left. Two freakin hours, then you could go play bedroom twister all you want.” Score for Weiss, another name for sex.

“At least we were in our own house.” Vaughn said, referring to the time him and Sydney heard Weiss and Jenny in their bathroom last week. Try talking to your mom while your best friend and your fiancé’s sister are “going to get a drink from the basement.” Vaughn snickered to himself. Now it was Weiss and Jenny’s turn to blush.

Weiss and Jenny stayed for another hour drinking coffee and joking around. As soon as they left Sydney and Vaughn were on their way upstairs to their bedroom. Vaughn threw Sydney down on the bed and began to undress her.

”Honey, wait. I have a surprise for you.” Sydney walked into the bathroom and came out a minute later in her new “outfit” that she got for Vaughn. Vaughn was stunned, he couldn’t function. Sydney sauntered over and straddled Vaughn’s lap.

”Michael,” She purred. “You’ve been a good boy today, so I bought you this present. You like?”

Vaughn nodded”If this is what I get for being good, I’m never gonna be bad again.”

”Wait its okay for bad Vaughn to come out every once and a while.”

Vaughn flipped Sydney off his lap onto her back and crawled on fours on top of her.

”Bad Vaughn can definitely come out a lot.” Sydney moaned, getting lost in Vaughn’s touch.

Needless to say, Vaughn’s present didn’t stay on very long.

:lol: Yay! Great chapter!! So cute, and sweet, and wonderful as allways!^_^ I loved it!
Thanks for the PM! I cant wait for more!

MONKEY PJ's!?!?!?!?!?!? i could have died!!!!!! (or at the least burst out laughing!) :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce: :laughbounce:

:lol: that was a really funny chapter!!! loved it!!!

“Sorry honey, but you know if we weren’t such bunnies we wouldn’t be this tired.”
:lol:

When they got to Jack’s room they saw something they would never forgot. Sydney and Vaughn did all they could to not laugh. Lying, passed out on the bed was a drunken Jack. He was wearing his famous monkey pajamas, but this time he had matching slippers. On top of Jack’s head was a matching sleeping cap. Vaughn heard a loud racket and turned around to see that the TV was on. Jack had been watching the soap opera channel. Vaughn pointed that out to Sydney and she could no longer hold in her giggles. At the sound of laughter Jack jumped out of bed and tripped over his overnight bag, falling flat on his face.
:rotflmao: 👍 :groupwave:

great job!!!

can't wait for more!!!

thx for the PM!

Great chaps... I just caught up on the last three!!!! I love the monkey PJs-- again! And the slippers :rotflmao: SOOO glad they made up and that they delayed the wedding-- that was a good idea. I lovvve Vaughns mom too-- she's soo sweet! I hope you spend a little more time on Weiss and Jenny ((even though this is an s/v fic)) cause they're soo cute together! ANYWAYS... yay for the chaps!
Thanks for the PM!
~Heather

Back