Reunion

michy

Cadet
Sydney sat on the sofa and looked at the glowing embers of the fire in front of her. Today was the day. It was like an other ordinary day, except for one thing. This was the day that she met Vaughn, three years ago. Three years. It seemed like such a lifetime ago, yet when she thought back upon it, it seemed like yesterday. It seemed like yestersay that they were making love in her old apartment. Uneaten meals waiting in the kitchen. Staying up all night exploring each other's body with wild enthusiam and childlike curiosity. A forbidden fruit which tasted all the sweeter, because it had been so long in the waiting. She shook her head, trying ho rid herself of these thougths.
"No." she told herself. "Don't go there Syd. You'll only end up hurt again. Remember what that did to you."
But then another part of herself, her heart, would take over and all she would want to do is pick up the phone and call him. But, he didn't even mention it to her today at work. Not one word. She had waited all day with her heart in her chest for him to at least acknodege this day to her, but nothing. Maybe he had moved on. Ever since they returned from Italy they had agreed to take it slow. But, the way things were going, it seemed like it was crawling at a snail's pace. Both of them walking on eggshells; trying not to scare the other away. They were dancing around each other's feelings, both scared to open up to the other and admitt the truth. They were lost without each other. Dead.
That's exactly how Sydney felt inside. Dead. What was she doing? She couldn't live in limbo like this anymore, but the thought of diving into another raltionship with Michael Vaughn scared her more than she was willing to admitt.
"Knock Knock"
Sydney turned her head to the door, the knock had been so faint, she almost didn't hear it.
"Knock Knock" this time a little louder.
Sydney walked over to the door and opened it slowly and cautiously. It was late. Very late.
There he was. He was standing there, his eyes swollen and red. His hair was a little more discheveled than normal, as if he had been running his fingers through it. He looked so tired. Tired and so much older. Sydney almost didn't see the man she knew three years ago. He was there somewhere, but lies and deception had hidden him deep down inside. Would she ever see him again?
"Hi." Sydney said quietly.
"Hey." he said back, his voice cracking.
"It's late Vaughn." she said, almost wishing she could take back the words.
"I know. I've been driving around all night. I don't want to go home. I just didn't know where else to go." he sounded so lost, so broken.
"Do you want to come in?" she asked. "Oh please let him come in." she thought to herself.
"Yes." he answered honestly.
Sydney stood back to let him pass inside. He immeditaely felt warm once he was inside. He looked over to the fireplace, and the bottle of wine on the table next to the sofa. Sydney had been drinking, and by the look of the single wine glass, alone.
"Can I get you anything? You look cold. Do you want some coffee?" she asked nervously.
"No thanks" he smiled. He walked over to the sofa and sat down heavily. Sydney could tell he needed to talk. Perhaps now was as good as any other time. Perhaps now they would finally get things out in the open.
Sydney sat tentaively next to him, scared to get close. "Vaughn?"
"I'm sorry to come by so late Syd. You know what day it is don't you?"
"Yes." she said simply. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. I know how much you miss your father, Michael."
His eyes lit up with the mention of his name. She called him "Michael". Maybe there was some hope there.
"I miss you Syd." he put it out there; unable to control himself anymore.
Sydney fought back tears, trying to be strong. She wanted nothing more than to tell him she missed him too, but there was still all the pain and hurt, and Lauren.
"You don't have to say anything. I understand." he said. He stood to leave and was just about to turn for the door when he felt a gentle tug at his sleeve. He looked down to Sydney, confused.
"Stay." she emplored.
He sat back down and looked at Sydney. He saw how scared she was. He had hurt her so badly. No wonder she was having a hard time forgiving him. What he did was inexcusable. He needed to put his hatred for Lauren in the past. He had no future as long as he let her stand between Syd and himself, even in death.
"Syd, I understand if you need more time, it's just that I miss you so much. I'm so sorry for everything I did to you. There are no excuses than can justify. . ."
His words were cut short by Sydney leaning in and kissing him. He was shocked. She was kissing him! His head began to feel dizzy with the joy he was feeling at this moment. She kissed him!
Sydney couldn't take it anymore. She was tired living her life like this. She loved this man. She loved him and they were both miserable without each other. She needed him tonight. Tomorrow they could worry about the details.
Sydney pulled Vaughn closer to her and he didn't need more of an invitation. It had been three years since he held her like this. So closely; so intimatley.
They let their mouths explore each others, their tongues probing and seeking. Their kisses blended one into the other until Sydney's mouth ached. Finally,she drew her mouth away from his. He looked hurt. Scared that she had changed her mind.
"I miss you too." she whispered, and Vaughn knew she was talking from her heart. He heard the fear behind those words, and it made him feel guilty.
"I promise you, I will never hurt you again Syd. I love you."
He finally said it. He loved her. He had eluded to it so many times, but never said it to her face. She had longed to hear those three words for three years.
"I love you too, Michael. Stay with me tonight."
Vaughn laughed softly· He had been so scared to come here tonight. He thought she would turn him away. But, things were working out so much better than he could have ever imagined.
"It's been three years Syd. I've been dreaming of this for three years." he said huskily.
He pulled her to him again and his mouth plundered hers with such intensity that Sydney felt her breath taken away. She felt his hands desperatley roaming her body, frantically pulling at her clothes.
Sydney began to let her hands wander over his body, the familiarity of it coming back to her. She remembered how his firm chest felt under her touch, and the recollection made her more eager for his touch.
She undid the buttons of his shirt rapidly and it was thrown to the floor along with her shirt. Next was her chemise, leaving her chest exposed to him.
Vaughn gasped at the sight. "God, I nearly forgot just how beautiful you are." And with that he lowered her down on the floor in front of the fireplace, and began placing feathery kisses on her chest. Sydney began to giggle and this made Vaughn's desire for her even more intense. God how he loved her laugh.
Sydney looked down at the man kissing her in the flickering glow of the fireplace. He was so handsome. He looked different than the man she had first given herself to three years ago. His hairline had receeded a little and there were a few more lines on his forehead and around his eyes. But, somehow this made him even more handsome to her. She ran her fingers down his broad chest and she felt him twinge under her touch.
He began to fondle her firm small breats. They were so perfect. Just like her. Her skin was so soft to his touch, unlike anything he had ever touched. Sydney sighed with the pleasure he was giving her, and his mouth singled out a nipple and began to kiss it eagerly. Sydney sighed again. It had been so long since a man had touched her so intimately. It had seemed like forever since she felt like this. Her fingers found their way to the nape of his neck and began to fondle his hair. She tugged gently at his hair and he moaned. Sydney laughed out loud, remembering how much he loved it when she played with his hair. Sydney entwined her hands even more in his hair and pulled him up to her mouth again.
A growing urgency was growing between them. They quickly divested themselves of the rest of thier clothing until they were kneeling in front of each of other completely naked in front of the fire.
Sydney reached out to and cupped his face in her hand. Vaughn reached up and put his hand over hers, then he brought her delicate hand to his mouth and began kissing it. Once he was done with her hand she pulled her whole body to his and rolled her over so he was on top of her. His green eyes were glazed with his passion for her. He kissed her mouth hungrily, their bodies twisting together in their mutual lust. His mouth kissed her throat, her shoulders, and then her lips again. Vaughn could feel Sydney's heart beating wildly underneath him, and his desire grew even more. Just the smell of her was intoxicating. He felt so free. So completely in love. He could not remember a time in his life when he wanted her more than this.
His hand wandered down her torso until he came to her soft curls. He felt Sydney tense up a moment, and he whispered, "God how I love you." Sydney immeditaly relaxed and let him explore her inner most intimate part. He seductivley stoked her, making her deisre for him rise to a frenzy. "Oh God!" she moaned. Vaughn knew that she was ready and was close to exploding himself.
Sydney felt his hardness seeking entry into her body and Sydney relaxed and let him inside. She absorbed all of him inside of her until he filled her completely. Their eyes met and Sydney could see the love in his eyes, making her weak all over.
Vaughn began to move upon her and the rythum their bodies created was magical. It was unlike anything she had ever experienced. It was pure bliss. Sydney wrapped her long legs around his torso and began to moan.
"Michael, Michael." she purred.
Vaughn thought that he was going to lose his mind. He had never known ectasy like this before. He thrust inside of her with wild abandon. He drove her farther and farther until he heard her cry out under him. He cried out and the two of them exploded together in their mad passion for each other. Vaughn flooded her body with his warmth. After his breathing began to return to normal, he rolled off her, pulling her into his arms as he did so.
The two of them lay like that in silence for what seemed an eternity. Neither one of them wanted to break the spell between them. It was finally Vaughn who broke the silence.
"I can't live without you Syd. Promise me at least that. Don't leave me." his voice was shaking.
Sydney rolled over onto his chest and looked up into those honest green eyes, now filled with tears. "I promise Michael. I will never leave you."
Vaughn let out a huge sigh of relief and the two lovers fell asleep in front of the faintly glowing embers of the fire.

TBC?

Glad you liked it! I was laughing the whole time I was writing it. I'll start a new PM list for this story. ;)

That was great
Now it is set in Season 3?
then wouldn't they have met 4 years ago?
Just trying to get the timeline straight
Thanks for the PM
Please keep me on the list
Update again soon

Now it is set in Season 3?
then wouldn't they have met 4 years ago?
Just trying to get the timeline straight

Hum, let me think. All of season 1 = one year
All of season 2 = two years
All of season 3= three years
It's set at the beginning of Season four, so it has yet to be 4 years. Got it? Hope I do? :thinking:
Michy

I'm such a tool! I get so confused with her missing two years! It would be 5 years! Can you imagine? I still hate that they did that with the time line. Sorry about that. (n) I would edit it, but the computer won't let me. Weird. :thinking:

Here's the PM list so far:
1. agent moose
2. mightylittleone
3. sexcivaughn14
4. spymommy
5. stealthy
6. vaughnlover15
7. vaughnsgurl4lf

Thanks for all the great reviews. ;)

i heard that there's doubt of vaughn and sydney's relationship coming back, so this story is giving me hope! i think season three was the worst season[vaughn shouldn't have gotten married!] but hey it's just a rummor, they better get back together!

Of course continue it!!! Their reborn relationship has just started and I, for one, want more.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Back