Right In Front Of Me

SkyGirl5

Cadet
:hi:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
CHAPTERS:
Chapter 1 (below) Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4 Chapter 5 Chapter 6 Chapter 7 Chapter 8 Chapter 9 Chapter 10
Chapter 11 Chapter 12 Chapter 13 Chapter 14 Chapter 15 Chapter 16 Chapter 17 Chapter 18 Chapter 19
Chapter 20 + Epilogue
------------------------------------------------------------------

okay, with this fic starts a few changes, but i need to get some orders of business out of the wya first

THis is a S/V sequel to a Jack/Irina fic - i realize a lot of you dont like j/i and thus did not read White Flag -- If you did not read that THATS OKAY! by watching alias you should be able to understand about 95% of this (it only comes into play in the fisrt....5ish chaps i believe after that it doenst really matter) and i will answer any other questions you have

also, I will not be sending out PMs for this fic - that's right, you read that correctly
why? because i am so freakin' sick of the PM situation - most of you aren't getting them anyway and you know what? every time i try to send out PMs it crashes my internet exploerer with 'cannot find server' messages
So, you will not get PMs - i update every day at approximately 8:30 EST give or take a half an hour - i think you can all find the updates
if you feel you cannot read this fic wihtou recieving PMs, well i'm sorry you feel that way - i guess you'll just have to wait until its over to read at ~Random or at Random Fans

which brings me to my next point....

here's the deal
keep in mind this is a pilot program - aka i'm just trying it out
i know at least a good group of you are familiar with my board Random Fans
For those that aren't - you need to register to be able to view the fics
3 sections down there is one called Fan Fiction - within fan fiction there are 3 sub categories called Story Corner I, II, III (simple enough, right?) Story corner I archives WAY old fan fiction Story corner II archives semi-recent fan fiction - but the one that will hold current fiction will be Story Corner III - I will make sure that each days' chapters are updated in that section no matter what the status of aa - however there is one catch (which is why this is the pilot program) - the chapters WILL be unbetaed - so there might be teeny tiny differences btwn the chaps at AA and ~Random (the html site) and, of course, some spelling/grammar errors
each chapter is in its own thread and you guys can feel free to comment - just don't bother pointing out any errors, because I already know they're there
we'll see how this goes then

ON WITH THEFIC
---------------------------------------------------------------

Title: Right In Front OF Me
Genre: S/V minor angst
Summary: Sydney and Michael have never been anything more than neighbors and close friends, but when they're dared to kiss at a friend's party that all may change.

a/n: back ground story ---- Irina was KGB, she told Jack the truth about her status, he was bitter at first, then forgave her. After the CIA released Irina (she deflected from the KGB and after pumping her for info they let her go) they moved from LA to Langley, VA where their neighbors were Bill and Amelia Vaughn.
any other ?s just ask ^_^

Chapter 1
“felgercarb!” Sydney Bristow groaned when the clip she was trying to insert into her hair snapped painfully in half. It flew from her hand, when its two plastic pieces broke, and clattered onto her bathroom floor. She was already running a few minutes late for Sarah Thompson’s graduation party; now she’d be even later. To make matters worse, her friend, Michael Vaughn, was waiting for her and he hated being late, especially because of her ‘girl issues’.

She quickly dug through the basket on the counter in her powder pink bathroom and found another clip, which she put in her hair. Then, she rushed from the bathroom and down the hall, past her sister’s room, to reach her own room. In passing, she glanced in and saw her sister kneeling on her bed playing the ‘air guitar’ as she listened to some god awful (in Sydney’s opinion) punk music with her headphones on. Rolling her eyes slightly, she wondered how exactly it was possible for two people who were biologically related and were quite similar physically to be so very different in other ways. Sydney liked pink; Nadia liked black. Sydney did well in school; Nadia was average. Sydney, when she was younger, played classical piano; Nadia played the air guitar (though she was getting a real guitar for her birthday later that summer). The sisters did get along though, for the most part anyway.

After grabbing her purse and shoes from her room, Sydney jogged down the stairs shouting, “Mom, I’m leaving now!”

“Well hold on, come here!” her mother’s voice came from the family room. Sydney groaned slightly as she stomped into the family room to see her mother and her mother’s best friend for as long as she could remember, sitting on the sofa, ready for one of their ‘girls nights’.

“Hi Amelia,” Sydney said to her mother’s friend, who was really more like an aunt to her.

“Hello cheré. Your hair looks lovely,” Amelia smiled at her.

“Thanks,” Sydney smiled back.

“You have your phone?” Irina checked with her daughter. Sydney nodded. “Michael’s taking you, right?”

“Yes, yes and I’ll be home by eleven, I’m leaving now!” she said as she rushed towards the door while the two women said goodbye.

She raced out the front door and across the side yard to the man who was waiting impatiently as he leaned against his car. “Finally,” he groaned as he opened the passenger side door for her.

“I know, I know, I’m sorry,” she sighed as she climbed in. “My clip broke!”

“Oh the horror,” he mocked her.

“Shut up Michael, just because I never comb my hair like you,” she retorted.

“Ha you’re funny,” he said dully.

“Of course I am. Do you know where Sarah’s house is?” she asked him.

“Of course; I’ve been there before,” he told her.

“Oh right, I forgot, you two were involved,” she said dramatically.

“Or, we went on two dates and broke up within a week,” he corrected.

“I know, I’m just teasin’ ya,” she grinned as she poked his arm.

He rolled his eyes. “I’m gonna be so glad to go to college in two months so that I don’t have to live next to your sorry ass anymore, Bristow.” Her jaw dropped and she gaped at him, completely offended. He laughed loudly.

“You are awful. I don’t even know why I’m friends with you.”

“Well, our parents forced us together when we were infants; we had no choice in the matter,” he reminded her.

“True,” she laughed.

“Exactly. We’ve been friends for eighteen years; no wonder I’m sick of you,” he smirked.

“Hey!” she whined as she hit him. “You’re going to miss me and you know it.”

“Yeah, yeah I’ll miss ya,” he mumbled. Sydney smiled over at him; she was definitely going to miss him.

Sydney and Michael were born only five months apart (he was older) and since their parents were neighbors and their mothers were best friends, their families had switched off babysitting duties and thus their friendship began. They were friends all throughout infancy and early childhood. Even when Sydney was going through her ‘ew boys are icky’ (and Michael through his ‘ew girls are yucky’) phase, she still played with Michael, because she never thought of him as a ‘boy’, not exactly anyway.

They were close up until 5th grade when they began to drift apart. They were never not friends; they just became less attached at the hip. Throughout middle school and high school they remained relatively close. They didn’t spend every moment together, but they were always there if the other needed them. Recently though, during their senior year in high school, they had drawn closer to each other; a ‘best friend’-like status. However, neither of them knew exactly why or how that had happened.

Throughout all that time together though, they had never been more than friends. No more than a hug or an occasional kiss on the cheek had ever been exchanged between them, much to their mother’s dismay, of course. Their mothers had been rooting practically since birth for them to get together romantically. Occasionally when Sydney and Michael were in their presence (which was often) they would squeal and giggle and say how cute they’d be as a couple. Then, while their children turned crimson and protested their matchmaking, they would say how wonderful it would be for them to be mothers-in-law with each other. Perhaps that was why neither of them dared to cross the ‘friends’ line. They knew that if they even so much as kissed, their mothers would become even more unbearable.

Still, they were friends, and in only two short months they’d be leaving for separate colleges, meaning that they’d be apart for the first time in their lives and neither of them were yet ready to face the full implications of that.

great beginning!
i guess there's no point saying "can i have a pm" since you don't send pms anymore. :lol:
but i love this! can't wait to see the angst... :P

Oh yeah...this is a good one. Love it.

And good for you....I'm proud that you are taking a stand against the PM situation. Everyone knows that you update every day. They can just click the little square in front of the fic title and get to the last post they read. Then they'll find the next update easily. It's as easy as ABC, 123. :smiley:

:hug:

I love the start :smiley:

Michael and Sydney as best friends is great...But we all know it's not gonna stay like this for long :lol:

Irina and Amelia are gonna go crazy when they'll start dating.

BTW How many chapters are there?

Can't wait for the next chapter :D

Aw, they're so cute. It reminds me of my best friend Dan... oh I miss him. We were best friends since... kindergarten, and then I moved 500km away for high school. :( But we won't get together, because unlike Michael, he's gay. :lol: But Michael and Sydney HAVE to get together! :D

Also, Nadia in this fic is like my sister... Holy felgercarb!!! THIS FIC IS SOMEWHAT LIKE MY LIFE!!! I'm Sydney, my best friend is Michael (but gay), and my sister is Nadia! :eek: You replicate real life! Why does this happen!?!??!

OK, so enough blabbering... this fic looks really good now... it's a Janet fic, so they're always great, and Syd/Vaughn... and I LOVED the prequel (you got me into J/I fics), so I'll be reading this one now.

About the PMs... they're stupid. WHY DON'T YOU WORK PMS!!!!! ?!?!?!??!??!?!??!?!??!??! :angry:

*I have flipped out enough*

~Anja

I LOVE this fic already. Best friend relationships are the ones that last! (Although Michael is being a little mean...) I can't wait to see what happens next!

great start! Sorry if I didn't reply before but AA has not been working these past few days and I basically couldn't read any fics, it was wonderful :rolleyes:.

Back