Right In Front Of Me

I just read the past two chapters b/c I wasn't on for the past couple days...I was too busy graduating, lol.
When I read chapter 16 (?) I was sure that michael would find a way to take Sydney with him, but it turns out they actually can be apart for that long!
so...is he seriously proposing? Isn't that kind of young? 2nd year university would make them about 20, right? Then again, 20 is when my mom got married :P
looking forward to the last few chaps!

He is going to pop the question and his mother finally knows about him seeing Sydney ^_^
I love how they both told their mothers, thinking the other hasn't did it :lol:

Can't wait for them to find out what each other did :lol:

Chapter 18
When Sydney returned to the Vaughn’s after picking up her work schedule, she went immediately down to Michael’s room since Amelia told her he was taking a nap to attempt to recover from his jet lag. Sydney found him still asleep, so she crawled in bed beside him and hugged him tightly. It was a solid twenty minutes before he woke up and noticed her. “Well, this certainly is a wonderful way to wake up.”

“Mmhmm,” Sydney smiled before rolling over on him and kissing him.

When Michael finally pulled out of the sense-shattering kiss she had given him, he squeaked, “Well… if that’s how you’re going to greet me, I’m gonna go away more often.”

“Nooo, you’re not allowed,” she whined and clung to him.

“Don’t worry, I don’t want to,” he smiled at her.

“Okay,” she giggled. “So, what are your plans for summer?”

“Ummm, being with my pretty girlfriend… being with my loving girlfriend… being with my sexy girlfriend… those are all different people, you know,” he told her with a smirk.

She laughed loudly. “Oh yeah? Which one am I?”

“None of them,” he told her. She gaped at him. “You’re my Sydney girlfriend and she’s the best one.”

Her heart fluttered slightly as she leaned over and kissed him. “Good answer.”

“I’m glad you approve,” he smiled. “What about you?”

“Being with my really hot and sexy boyfriend… but that’s not you,” she smiled.

He rolled his eyes. “Uh huh.”

“Yeah, compared to him you’re ugly,” she said, unable to hide her giggles at the end.

“Why are you laughing?” he asked.

“Because I can’t imagine you being ugly.”

“Oh,” he smiled. “I’m glad.”

“Uh huh,” she sighed as she laid her head down on his chest. “I told my parents I wouldn’t be seeing them until tomorrow,” she told him casually.

“Oh really? And how did your dad react to that?” Michael asked.

“Not very well… but my mom managed to get him to give me a sympathy approval by saying ‘Jack, you watched her cry her eyes out for four months, give the girl a break’,” she said with an attempt to mock her mother’s accent.

“You’re so cute,” he laughed softly.

“Well… I could have said it in Russian like she had, but then you wouldn’t have understood,” she told him.

“See, you’re just a smartie pants,” he poked her side.

“No, you just chose not to pay attention when she was trying to teach us,” Sydney pointed out.

“I was six! What kinda freak six-year-old wants to learn Russian?”

“Hey!” Sydney gasped. He just smiled at her.

~*~

As the summer continued on, Sydney and Michael fell back into their routine of the previous summer. Neither of them brought up the subject of telling their parents the truth about it, because, deep down, they still didn’t want to face the insanity that would cause, but Michael had a plan of his own. When he mentioned the engagement ring shopping to his mother, it hadn’t just been to shut her up; he was serious.

When he was in France, he decided that he was going to propose to her on the second anniversary of their kiss up at Sydney’s favorite lookout point. He also decided that he would propose in that exact spot. He ended up taking his mother along with him to look for rings, much to his dismay. Amelia nearly broke into sobs when she saw the ring Michael wanted, much to his utter mortification, of course. She was so thrilled at the prospect of Sydney as a daughter-in-law, something that, in her words, made her life complete, that she actually managed to talk the jeweler into reducing the price of the ring, which he appreciated greatly since his budget was limited.

Finally the big day arrived and Sydney was none the wiser. Michael tried to be as casual as possible when he mentioned going to the lookout with her, but his nerves showed through a bit, causing mild suspicion from her. Once at the lookout, they got out of his car and walked over to the railing.

“Can you believe it’s been two years?” Sydney sighed as she leaned her head against his shoulder.

“Nah, it feels like forever. But then again, it really has been.”

“Yeah,” she laughed softly.

“Syd,” Michael began nervously as he fumbled into his pocket for the ring box he had placed there before picking her up.

“Hmm?” she sighed contently.

“I, um, I got you something,” he told her.

She lifted her head from his shoulder and turned around. “What? Like an anniversary present?”

“Kinda…,” he said as he handed her the black jewelry box with a trembling hand. She took it with a grin and opened it. Immediately her grin disappeared and she looked up at him utterly shocked. “Syd….”

“Oh my god,” she breathed.

“Syd, I love you so much… we’ve practically been together since we were born and I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you because no matter if we live ‘til we’re fifty or we’re eighty, no amount of time short of eternity would be enough to spend with you. So, will you marry me?”

Sydney nodded her head and her voice came out as barely a whisper as she said, “Yes,” before hugging him tightly.

“Also, I really think we should tell our parents now,” he added while they hugged.

Sydney pulled back and laughed softly. “We’ll tell them tomorrow, I promise. Oh my god Michael, I love you so much,” she sniffed as Michael removed the ring from its box and slid it on her hand. Sydney closed her fist tightly and felt incredibly calmed by the cold feel of the ring on her hand. Then she leaned up and gave Michael a very passionate kiss.

After a few moments, he pulled back and smiled at her. “So, do you think we should,” he said as his eyes darted towards his car and then back to her.

“Oh my god Michael, we’re not having sex in your car. That’s disgusting!” Sydney exclaimed.

“What?!” Michael choked. “That’s not what I meant… I meant, do you think we should go because I just noticed a rather unpleasant looking bee’s nest behind you.”

Sydney yelped and jumped. “Where?” she screamed. Then she saw it and ran around behind him to hide. Then, they both quickly climbed in Michael’s car, laughing all the way. Sydney buried her face in her hands and whimpered, “God, I can’t believe I just said that about the car…”

“It’s fine. It was hilarious,” he assured her.

She rolled her eyes. “I bet.” Then, after a moment of silence she added, “Hey Michael…you should come over tonight.”

He looked over at her to see if she was serious. When he saw that she was he asked, “What about your parents?”

“Mom’s dragging Dad to some play in DC she wants to see,” Sydney explained. “They won’t be back until at least midnight.”

“And Nadia?” he asked cautiously.

“I’ll pay her to go away,” Sydney said very seriously. Michael burst out laughing. “I will!” Sydney exclaimed.

“I know you will; it’s just funny,” he laughed. She blushed slightly and looked down at the glittering ring on her hand. He reached over and tilted her head up slightly. “If you want me to come, I will.”

She nodded. “Be there at seven.”

well, i tried to stalk earlier...but it messed up...let's hope this works....

poor Katy....she just had to go on vacation when things would get interesting for her....

“I, um, I got you something,” he told her.

She lifted her head from his shoulder and turned around. “What? Like an anniversary present?”

“Kinda…,” he said as he handed her the black jewelry box with a trembling hand. She took it with a grin and opened it. Immediately her grin disappeared and she looked up at him utterly shocked. “Syd….”

“Oh my god,” she breathed.

“Syd, I love you so much… we’ve practically been together since we were born and I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you because no matter if we live ‘til we’re fifty or we’re eighty, no amount of time short of eternity would be enough to spend with you. So, will you marry me?”

Sydney nodded her head and her voice came out as barely a whisper as she said, “Yes,” before hugging him tightly.

“Also, I really think we should tell our parents now,” he added while they hugged.
Ya I think they should because I really don't think they should find out on their wedding day :lol: Awesome update :D Can't wait for more.

After a few moments, he pulled back and smiled at her. “So, do you think we should,” he said as his eyes darted towards his car and then back to her.

“Oh my god Michael, we’re not having sex in your car. That’s disgusting!” Sydney exclaimed.

“What?!” Michael choked. “That’s not what I meant… I meant, do you think we should go because I just noticed a rather unpleasant looking bee’s nest behind you.”
:lol: greaaat... yay for the engagement!

Hope that Jack won't wolk on them. Becouse in that way he won't live long enough to tell their families about engagement :D

^That's for sure! Hopefully Jack doesn't walk in on them, so he can live to actually marry Syd.
Aww they are engaged!!!! Now for the chaos to ensue with their families.
Great update
Thanks for the PM

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :smiley:
their getting married! their getting married! their getting married! their getting married! their getting married! their getting married! their getting married! their getting married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

When their parents will learn about them getting married, they will be more than happy to plan a wedding, the wedding of their dreams and thus drive them crazy :whistle:

I just hope they won't get caught while they are :naughty: before they have the chance to give them the news :P

Aww yay their engaged :love: :jump:

“What?!” Michael choked. “That’s not what I meant…

LMAO :lol: :sideroll:

Back