Right In Front Of Me

i luved it i cant wait until they kiss~huh the parents want them together huh i dont think that they'd want this when their swapping spit every two minutes~plz pm me when u update i really cant wait!!!!!

The first chapter was really good :smiley:
I like how they are just friend for the moment, and don't imagine themselves with each other ^_^ . That will make it more interesting when they will start dating :lol:

Thanks for the PM

wow pretty small theoritical PM list this time - i guess i'll blame AA for that :lol:
but let me repeat:
THERE WILL BE NO PMs FOR THIS FIC

oh and there are 20 chaps total in this fic

Chapter 2
Fifteen minutes later, Sydney and Michael pulled up in front of their friend’s house for her graduation party. Sarah was a mutual friend of theirs and for her party she had invited about twenty friends over, all of them friends of either Sydney or Michael or both, so it was going to be a fun evening for them.

“Sydney! Michael! HI!” Sarah squealed at them. “Come in, come in, get something to drink!”

“Thanks Sarah,” Sydney laughed as she walked over to greet a group of her friends, one of whom was sobbing.

“It’s just,” the tearful girl, Beth, sniffed. “This is the last time we’re going to see each other! I’m going to miss you guys so much!”

“Beth, we still have all summer… and e-mail and instant messenger,” Sydney told her.

“But it’s not the same!” Beth choked as she hugged Sydney tightly. Sydney just rubbed her back softly.

Later on in the evening, Sydney returned from the bathroom and sat down on the couch among her laughing friends. Knowing that she had missed something she asked, “What are you guys talking about?”

“Spin the bottle at Ryan’s thirteenth birthday party,” Sarah laughed.

“Oh god, I remember that,” Sydney groaned at the recollection of her first and only time playing that game.

“Michael had to kiss you, remember that?” a now tear-free Beth said to Sydney. Sydney blushed slightly at that memory.

“Yeah, but Vaughn chickened out,” Ryan pointed out.

“Excuse me, I did not,” Michael defended. “I kissed her.”

“Oh her cheek!” Ryan laughed. Everyone booed. “I think you should kiss her now.”

“Yeah right,” Michael laughed. “Because we’re thirteen.”

“No, I think you should kiss her too,” Sarah chimed in with a smile. Sydney gave her a horrified look and Sarah laughed. “Oh come on, if you two are just friends like you claim, it’s just a kiss; no big deal.”

“You people are being so childish,” Sydney groaned and got up from her seat on the couch as her former classmates began to taunt ‘kiss her, kiss her’ over and over again. Meanwhile, she knew her face was bright pink and she was beginning to sweat. She hated being put on the spot and put on the spot to kiss Michael was even worse.

“Whatever,” Michael muttered as he went to walk away.

“Fine, be a chicken! Just like on the ice rink!” Ryan called after him.

Michael froze and Sydney gulped; that meant trouble. Up until two years earlier, Michael and Ryan had been the best of friends. At that point, both of them were on the school’s ice hockey team. After a player from another team had tripped one of their players and wasn’t penalized for it, the other team player gloated and Michael’s team got the brilliant idea to teach this opposing team member a lesson in the form of beating him senseless. Michael refused to participate in such a mindless act and Ryan had endlessly berated him for being a ‘chicken’ to the point where Michael had punched Ryan during a game.

After being heavily chastised by his parents for such an act, Michael cooled off, but there was forever a rift between him and Ryan. As time wore on, they were able to actually have a conversation with each other in the same room without glaring, but they would never be able to go back to their best friend status.

Standing there, Sydney waited with bated breath for Michael to lunge across the room and pummel Ryan, but he didn’t. In fact, he had quite the opposite reaction. Before she was even able to react, Michael grabbed her by the waist, spun her around and planted a kiss on her that made her forget her own name. For only a second she was stunned then she was aware of everything around her. The awkward positioning of her feet since she had been spun by him. His warm, strong hand at her waist, holding her up since she had gone nearly limp the moment his lips connected with hers. The pressure of his lips on hers and the fact that he tasted like the Coke he had just been drinking.

She was just about to kiss him back when he let her go and stalked off. Sydney faltered slightly since she was light headed and his arm was no longer supporting her. Distantly she heard her friends around her clapping and laughing, but Sydney was distracted by how loud her heart was beating and how heavily she was breathing.

It took her a few more moments, but she was able to right herself and then she stumbled over to the couch where she had left her purse. “You okay there, Syd?” Sarah smirked at her.

“Me? Oh … yeah… fine…,” she tried to say casually but her voice squeaked slightly.

“So is he a good kisser?” Sarah smiled at her.

“Well you’ve kissed him, you would know,” Sydney told her before walking away.

Still reeling slightly from Michael’s kiss, Sydney decided she needed some fresh air from the stuffy house, so she slipped out onto the front porch. There she found that she wasn’t alone. Michael was gripping the railing tightly with his fists with his eyes closed. “You okay?” she asked quietly. Upon hearing her voice, he jumped slightly. “Sorry,” she said quickly.

“No, it’s alright,” he sighed. “I’m the one that needs to apologize.”

“It’s fine,” she waved her hand casually, even though that wasn’t the whole truth.

“No, it’s not. I’m sorry I shouldn’t let him affect me like that but he does and I dragged you into it.”

“It’s fine, really Michael. Jeez, it was just a kiss; it’s not like you hit me or something,” she tried to laugh it off.

“I would never,” he said very seriously.

“I know,” she smiled at him. “So…uh, we kissed… wouldn’t out mothers be proud,” she laughed softly as she walked over towards him.

“Oh god,” he laughed. “We cannot tell them.”

“Oh no, of course not; we’d never hear the end of it,” Sydney told him.

“Right…. I mean, it didn’t mean anything, right?” he asked, almost sounding curious.

“No, of course not,” she said quickly. “It was just a kiss.”

“Right… just a kiss,” he repeated quietly.

“Right…. I mean, it didn’t mean anything, right?” he asked, almost sounding curious.

Oh, it was so not just a kiss. It was SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT!!!

Trust me.

Now they won't stop thinking about it, and by the time they say something to each other they'll probably be leaving for college, so they will probably be hesitant to start anything or something. I just... want them together... preferably now.

Maybe Vaughn has grown a pair (not that he hadn't before) and just come clean. It seems as if he was feeling something by the end there... and with Sydney's quick reply, it makes me think that she's thinking the same. They both felt something big during that kiss, which I think might have been why he stopped it so quickly...

Or maybe Michael has always liked her, and the kiss just made things even worse for him? :hmmm: I don't know. Could be?

Standing there, Sydney waited with bated breath for Michael to lunge across the room and pummel Ryan, but he didn’t. In fact, he had quite the opposite reaction. Before she was even able to react, Michael grabbed her by the waist, spun her around and planted a kiss on her that made her forget her own name. For only a second she was stunned then she was aware of everything around her. The awkward positioning of her feet since she had been spun by him. His warm, strong hand at her waist, holding her up since she had gone nearly limp the moment his lips connected with hers. The pressure of his lips on hers and the fact that he tasted like the Coke he had just been drinking.

She was just about to kiss him back when he let her go and stalked off. Sydney faltered slightly since she was light headed and his arm was no longer supporting her. Distantly she heard her friends around her clapping and laughing, but Sydney was distracted by how loud her heart was beating and how heavily she was breathing.
See? SHE TOTALLY FELT IT!!! There was definite passion between them. Michael and Sydney are totally not only best friends anymore! :P

And now I can just imagine the mothers. Oh, I know they're probably going to hear about the kiss from someone, because that's what always happens in situations like this. Plus, I think Sydney might have to vent to someone, but maybe that'll be Nadia. :D

I think we need more Nadia too!

:woot: felgercarb. I'm hyper today! What is WITH me?!?!

***could be my grad ceremony this afternoon...***

~Anja

EDIT: wow, this is LONG!

felgercarb! I missed one. "Wouldn't OUR mothers be so proud." GRRR. Oh well.

Ok...when I first started this chapter, I was like...uhhhhh, wrong fic. I thought for a brief moment that you had posted a Taken chapter...because of Beth. But, then I figured it out. HAH...obviously the late night affected me.

OH....and, will someone who gets the heebie jeebies over J/I please explain to me what is heebie jeebie-ish about them? Just curious. Thanks :smiley:

With friends like that who needs enemies.

wouldn’t our mothers be proud,” she laughed softly as she walked over towards him.

“Oh god,” he laughed. “We cannot tell them.”

“Oh no, of course not; we’d never hear the end of it,” Sydney told him.
That is so true. I wonder how long it will be until their mothers do find out.

Just keep telling yourselves that.

omg, no, she can't just wave him off like that! she totally felt something, and he obviously did too since he asked her how she felt. can't wait till tomorrow.
Aliaschick347

Back