Right In Front Of Me

They might start to believe it and convince themselves if carry on saying the kiss meant nothing, but WE know it's not going to be the case. It will come back and hunt them to make them realize the kiss means more than what they want to believe :P .

“Right…. I mean, it didn’t mean anything, right?” he asked, almost sounding curious.

“No, of course not,” she said quickly. “It was just a kiss.”

“Right… just a kiss,” he repeated quietly.
Yeah.. just keep repeating that to yourself. You might be able to believe it in about... never...

Of course it meant something!!! By the way, great description of the kiss. :smiley:

Great chapter. Can't wait to see what happens next.

awww that was soooo cute!!! I would love for someone to spin me around and kiss me :smiley: and neither of them will amitt to how it felt :smiley:
<3
syd

So I'm pretty much in love with this fic so far :smiley:
and I loved the kiss, even though they're both denying the undenyable attraction between the two of them :rolleyes:
I just hope that things won't be awkward for them now, because they're both leaving for separate colleges and they need to get everything out in the open before they leave and don't see each other again until god knows when!!
wow that was a long sentence. whew.
but to change the subject, I can totally relate to Beth because today was my last day of high school and I won't be seeing some people until grad at the end of the month, and some people I don't know when I'll see, so I've been a big ball of emotions lately. I don't fight it. :P

That was great ... cant believe Michael was gorded into kissing Syd ... ok it soo ment somthing to Michael at least it seemed to ... more soon please

Yeah and if one of MY male friends kissed me and then stalked away and then I found him looking like he was about to rip the banisters out I would so think there was something up. Open your eyes Syd, what did you feel?

AJ

Chapter 3
For the next week, Sydney avoided seeing Michael as much as possible, for their kiss had shaken her up more than she cared to admit. Stupidly, she had agreed to go to a movie with Michael that evening so there was no way to avoid him then. The only thing keeping her from throwing herself down the stairs was the fact that the movie would buffer any potentially awkward moments, however nothing would stop the way she felt.

In all of her life, Sydney had never had intense feelings for Michael, mostly because of the fact that their mothers wanted them together so badly. Sure, she thought he was good looking and obviously she liked him since they were close friends. Over the years, she had come to love him as a friend and if he had asked her out she wouldn’t have turned him down, it was simply that going after him wasn’t a high priority in her mind. But now that they had kissed, things changed.

The kiss she had received from Michael, though it was sudden and rather forced, was the best kiss she had ever been given. True, in her eighteen years, she hadn’t received that many kisses. How many exactly she didn’t know, but they had only come from three different guys, well, four including Michael. The kiss from Michael was definitely the best of the bunch and, knowing that, she couldn’t help but wonder how good it would have been had she been an active participant in it instead of just standing there, or rather hanging there, stunned. His kissed had evoked in her butterflies and tingles like she had never felt before and all she could think about was kissing him once more. She even dreamt about it.

Realizing that she was quickly driving herself insane, she went to the only source she knew of to talk about it. “Nadia, you got a sec?” Sydney asked when she knocked on her fourteen-year-old sister’s door.

“Ya!” Nadia called back loudly, obviously listening to some horrible music on her headphones once more.

Sydney walked into her sister’s room and shut the door behind her. “I need to tell you something, but you have to swear you’ll tell no one.”

“Oh my god, are you pregnant?!” Nadia laughed.

“Are you retarded?! Of course not,” Sydney groaned. Then she cringed and said, “Michael kissed me.”

“WHAT?! For real?!” Nadia gasped loudly.

“Shhh!” Sydney quickly tried to hush her.

“Sorry, for real?” Nadia asked quietly. Sydney bit her lip and nodded. “HA! Wait, so was this like a quick peck on the lips or was he like tasting your tonsils?”

“Well neither… but slightly closer to the second one,” she said quietly as she bit her thumbnail. Nadia snorted. “Nadiaaaaaaa,” Sydney whined.

“Okay, okay, so he kissed you… what type of scenario was this in, anyway?” Nadia asked.

“Well, we were at Sarah’s party and everyone was mocking us for never having really kissed and… I dunno, he just grabbed me and kissed me,” she told her.

“Romantic,” Nadia said sarcastically. “So what? It was just as kiss to get those freaks you call friends to shut up. unless….. you liked the kiss!” she said accusingly.

“No,” Sydney said causally. “It simply got me thinking about….”

“…how you wanted to kiss him,” Nadia finished for her with a smile.

“Okay, okay!” Sydney groaned. “Yes, I liked the kiss; yes, I want to kiss him again, so HELP ME!”

“Help you with what?” Nadia asked seriously.

“What do I dooooo??!?!” Sydney moaned as she flopped down on her sister’s bed.

“Well, I assume by your pathetic behavior that Michael wasn’t exactly overzealous about kissing you again,” Nadia said.

“Not really,” Sydney sighed. “He said it was just a kiss…. Actually we both said that… but now I don’t know and I’m afraid to bring it up because if he rejected me, not only would I die but it would ruin our friendship and then I’d really die.”

“Well, don’t flat out be like ‘Michael, do you love me?’ be subtle,” Nadia suggested.

“Subtle how?” Sydney asked. Nadia shrugged. “Gee, thanks you’ve been a real help.”

“Sorry,” Nadia sighed.

“Yeah…just remember not to tell Dad and especially not Mom or I’ll accidentally let it slip about that boy with the lip ring I saw you kissing,” Sydney warned.

Nadia looked horrified and brought her fingers to her lips in a mock ‘key locking’ manner and then pretended to throw the ‘key’ away before giving her sister a thumbs up. Sydney rolled her eyes and walked away.

~*~

Michael glanced nervously down at his watch and then over towards the Bristow’s house. Was he overly thrilled about seeing Sydney? Not exactly. He was more in the ‘let’s just get this over with’ frame of mind. Ever since he had kissed her so foolishly, he couldn’t get her out of his head. He had created an extremely awkward situation and it was entirely his fault. He had grabbed her and practically smothered her and she had simply hung there, stunned. Every time he thought about it and replayed it in his mind, he just wanted to crawl into a hole and die a horrible death. The worst part was, he wished he could do it again.

Truth be told, he had felt things for Sydney for quite some time. What exactly those ‘things’ were, he wasn’t sure, but he kept telling himself that nothing could happen. Yet every time he looked at her and saw her smile, he just wanted to kiss her. Every time he felt that way, though, he hated himself more. Sydney never dated guys like him. She dated ‘braniac’-type people, like the head of the Quiz Bowl team and the boy voted ‘most intelligent’ in their class, not him, voted ‘most athletic’. He realized that there could never be anything between them, but he couldn’t figure out who would be sadder about that in the long run: him or his mother.

Finally, he saw Sydney emerge from her house and called out, “Ready to go?”

“Yeah… um, just a sec though,” she sighed nervously as she walked up to him. “That kiss last week… that’s forgotten about, right?”

Michael’s heart jumped up into his throat at the mention of it. He gave an automatic response as he opened up his car door, “Yeah… why do you ask?”

“No reason… just wanted to make sure there wasn’t any awkwardness or anything…”

He smiled at her. “No awkwardness,” he told her, though he still wondered why she had mentioned it.

“Good,” she smiled back.

Back