Sports Riley Cooper

Sheldon

Dreamsmasher
Opinions?

Thoughts?

And in case you are not in the sports world at all, this dude uttered the "N" word during a Kenny Chesney concert and the video just surfaced. Not sure how well he thought this would play out, considering the majority of his teammates as well as players in the NFL are black.

Is the video available? I don't know if it's the same over there, but over here, when white boys are raised with black, they all use the N word without discrimination or meaning offence.... if it was meant as an insult, that's another matter entirely.

Yeah, I have been following it since the story broke earlier in the week.

Just curious on others take really. I personally find the use of the word disgusting, in any situation. That's just me though. I don't think it has any place in society.

I don't know about anyone else but it's not a word I hear very often where I live. In fact, I think the only time I hear it is on the TV.

All of us have said something totally inappropriate at some point in our lives....he just happened to be a public figure saying it in a public place. If a smart phone had been around half the times I was drunk, I'd be ostracized by half the country by now. Doesn't make what he said right. He's apologized and his teammates have accepted it for the most part. Vick has come out and defended him (not the statement though). We all do stupid things...it's in our nature. Now of course some things are worse than others.

I don't think this is really a huge deal for anyone but Cooper. He has to live with the statement and the ramifications of that with his teammates. I don't think he should be disciplined or fined. The rejection and hurt from his teammates is enough punishment.

Back