Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Sci-Fi Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Alien Soup, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Alien Soup

Alien Soup Head Chef

Rise of the Planet of the Apes is the new prequel movie to the classic Planet of the Apes series. Starring James Franco, Rise is an origin story of how the apes became intelligent

Expected release date is August, 2011.

2. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

I can't help but wonder if they will touch upon the original origins story, of apes being used as domestic servants as shown on screen in Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, instead of just being lab experiments that escape.

Between this movie and the re-imagined Planet of the Apes remake with Mark Wahlberg a few years back, there is a very real chance of the Apes mythology being totally fragmented.

3. Jaap2D2

Jaap2D2 beep toot beeep

can't say i'm too excited about this trailer. I kinda liked the story in the original films.
    Affraid this one is just another 'experiment gone wrong' movie...

4. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

Exactly! They made a shiny movie with lots of special-effects but dumbed down the premise.

I prefer a good story over special-effects.

5. Starbeast from Planet X

Starbeast from Planet X Benevolent Galaxy Being

This is one of the best sci-fi movies I've seen this summer. I like this film much more than the remake of The Planet of the Apes.