Sci-Fi Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)

Alien Soup

Head Chef
Title: Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Tagline: Evolution Becomes Revolution.

Genre: Thriller, Action, Drama, Science Fiction

Director: Rupert Wyatt

Cast: James Franco, Andy Serkis, Freida Pinto, John Lithgow, Brian Cox, Tom Felton, David Hewlett, Tyler Labine, David Oyelowo, Jamie Harris, Ty Olsson, Chelah Horsdal, Jesse Reid, Joey Roche, Madison Bell, Makena Joy, B. J. Harrison, Mattie Hawkinson, Karin Konoval, Terry Notary, Richard Ridings, Christopher Gordon, Devyn Dalton, Jay Caputo, Leah Gibson, Tracy Spiridakos, Chris Shields, Lauren Watson

Release: 2011-08-03

Runtime: 105

Plot: A highly intelligent chimpanzee named Caeser has been living a peaceful suburban life ever since he was born. But when he gets taken to a cruel primate facility, Caeser decides to revolt against those who have harmed him.
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)

Rise of the Planet of the Apes is the new prequel movie to the classic Planet of the Apes series. Starring James Franco, Rise is an origin story of how the apes became intelligent

Expected release date is August, 2011.

I can't help but wonder if they will touch upon the original origins story, of apes being used as domestic servants as shown on screen in Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, instead of just being lab experiments that escape.

Between this movie and the re-imagined Planet of the Apes remake with Mark Wahlberg a few years back, there is a very real chance of the Apes mythology being totally fragmented.

can't say i'm too excited about this trailer. I kinda liked the story in the original films.
Affraid this one is just another 'experiment gone wrong' movie...

can't say i'm too excited about this trailer. I kinda liked the story in the original films.
Affraid this one is just another 'experiment gone wrong' movie...
Exactly! They made a shiny movie with lots of special-effects but dumbed down the premise.

I prefer a good story over special-effects.